The Politics of National Security

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by runrussellrun »

njbill wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:47 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:18 am
njbill wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:03 am That, indeed, the Trump crime family does have substantial financing from Russia. The “head” of the family said so.

On your tax returns, do you list the name of the bank to which you pay interest? Exactly.
Are you saying that tRumps tax returns do NOT reveal his TRUE financial dealings? (ummm, have been saying that for years )

But, coucilor, what proof do you have of tRump writing off interest ? Please provide that. Also, that Douche bank is a "russian" bank.

And ,then, explain, why it matters to focus only on ONE branch of the US Republic. Any Supremes have "ties" to foreign entities? Be principled, and call for change.
The tax returns don’t disclose his COMPLETE financial picture.

The proof is that the tax code allows interest to be written off and that Trump obviously writes off everything legal, some things questionable, and perhaps some things illegal.

If the Supreme Court justices were committing tax fraud, that would be important to focus on as well. I suspect they aren’t. Any evidence that they do? Any evidence that they have ties to foreign entities? If there is such evidence, sure, let’s look into it.
Where did Justice Scalia die again? Who's home, or rather, ranch ? RGB, who's home did she stay in during all her European visits? These are just the most in your face actions the Supremes abuse. I have posted the "proof" in the past. TAATS thread.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
njbill

Post by njbill »

Don’t disagree that Scalia had some shady connections, but they were domestic.

I don’t know where RBG stayed when she went to Europe. Assuming it was at some private home, whose was it? How did that constitute “influence” over her?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:37 am
njbill wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:03 am That, indeed, the Trump crime family does have substantial financing from Russia. The “head” of the family said so.

On your tax returns, do you list the name of the bank to which you pay interest? Exactly.
Are you saying that tRumps tax returns do NOT reveal his TRUE financial dealings? (ummm, have been saying that for years )

But, coucilor, what proof do you have of tRump writing off interest ? Please provide that. Also, that Douche bank is a "russian" bank.

And ,then, explain, why it matters to focus only on ONE branch of the US Republic. Any Supremes have "ties" to foreign entities? Be principled, and call for change.

The proof is that the tax code allows interest to be written off and that Trump obviously writes off everything legal, some things questionable, and perhaps some things illegal.

If the Supreme Court justices were committing tax fraud, that would be important to focus on as well. I suspect they aren’t. Any evidence that they do? Any evidence that they have ties to foreign entities? If there is such evidence, sure, let’s look into it.
Where did Justice Scalia die again? Who's home, or rather, ranch ? RGB, who's home did she stay in during all her European visits? These are just the most in your face actions the Supremes abuse. I have posted the "proof" in the past. TAATS thread.

But but.....but.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:54 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:37 am

But but.....but.
What was a US Supreme court justice doing at an OLIGARCH hunting lodge, typical lax dad?

but, but but.......and you pathetically provide a bunch of clowns "grilling" him on whether he had said "best memory". Why Mother Jones sucks. this IS all they got?

Have you read Joe Biden's $11 million book yet?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

good goshness typical........what the HECK does Trumps past praise about Hillaryous or Bush have to do with a FRAUD case?

This IS what you got typical? So compelling

what a complete waste of time......
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:04 am good goshness typical........what the HECK does Trumps past praise about Hillaryous or Bush have to do with a FRAUD case?

He’s a crook. It speaks to his character. Wasn’t his charity determine to be fraudulent also? YOU can CHOOSE to DEFEND him. You don’t have to but you CHOOSE to. Not sure I have ever seen you defend Barry....he was only one branch of government

:lol: :lol: :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:11 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:04 am good goshness typical........what the HECK does Trumps past praise about Hillaryous or Bush have to do with a FRAUD case?

He’s a crook. It speaks to his character. Wasn’t his charity determine to be fraudulent also? YOU can CHOOSE to DEFEND him. You don’t have to but you CHOOSE to. Not sure I have ever seen you defend Barry....he was only one branch of government

Regarding his character, when have I evah defended it?

YOU....are defending Sen. Feinstein, and all the other Congress members that own "conflicts of interest". Why expect more for YOU, and all others,, that DEFEND Hunter Biden's jobs. Isn't it bad enough it was a horrible FOSSIL FUEL company. Thought climate change was real.

Why do you defend Pelosi's Fecesbook stock ownership? Apple stock ownership? why? why why why why why why why

Does the Son ton dare bank across from Star Market, have safety deposit boxes, I need one.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:38 am

YOU....are defending Sen. Feinstein, and all the other Congress members that own "conflicts of interest". Why expect more for YOU, and all others,, that DEFEND Hunter Biden's jobs. Isn't it bad enough it was a horrible FOSSIL FUEL company. Thought climate change was real.

Why do you defend Pelosi's Fecesbook stock ownership? Apple stock ownership? why? why why why why why why why

Does the Son ton dare bank across from Star Market, have safety deposit boxes, I need one.
You ever see me make a post about Feinstein? You ever see me comment on Pelosi? I see YOU defend Trump all the time....as for your question, is it the Lower Mills Star market?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:46 am

You ever see me make a post about Feinstein? You ever see me comment on Pelosi? I see YOU defend Trump all the time....as for your question, is it the Lower Mills Star market?
silence is support....good men, do nothing, evil to prevail stuff......and how is pointing out that people lack principles, defending any ONE individual?

star market near BC HIGH, the Sontondare bank. Or however it's spelled. Closest bank to where I am living. Wanna put my blue fish, smoked of course, in the boxes of safety. You know anyone at that branch?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:22 pm

silence is support....good men, do nothing, evil to prevail stuff......and how is pointing out that people lack principles, defending any ONE individual?

star market near BC HIGH, the Sontondare bank. Or however it's spelled. Closest bank to where I am living. Wanna put my blue fish, smoked of course, in the boxes of safety. You know anyone at that branch?
Silence comes from not talking about something you know nothing about. You my friend CHOOSE to defend Trump. You don’t have to be ashamed. Own it.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Silence comes from not talking about something you know nothing about. You my friend CHOOSE to defend Trump. You don’t have to be ashamed. Own it.
BS.......I asked goalie guy from Baltimore to just name ONE bill that Trump signed that he did not like..........refused to engage (as always) and called "rathole", and went back to THE VIEW. gossip girls.

You call that defending? What is there to attack tRump on? In the things that matter? Budgets? YUP. easy one. Especially for a PRETEND CONservative like him. How about you? You think tRumps spending spree is cool?

instead, lets discuss what he said about Hillaryous Clinton, in support, years ago. :roll:

You literally have posted three times more than I have. SILENCE?????? :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:20 pm

BS.......I asked goalie guy from Baltimore to just name ONE bill that Trump signed that he did not like..........refused to engage (as always) and called "rathole", and went back to THE VIEW. gossip girls.

You call that defending? What is there to attack tRump on? In the things that matter? Budgets? YUP. easy one. Especially for a PRETEND CONservative like him. How about you? You think tRumps spending spree is cool?

instead, lets discuss what he said about Hillaryous Clinton, in support, years ago. :roll:

You literally have posted three times more than I have. SILENCE?????? :lol:
Hillary was only part of one branch of government.. :lol: :lol:

You don’t need to defend your defense of Trump. It is your right. Don’t be ashamed.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Why do you defend Biden?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Isolationism is not a dirty word :

Isolationism once cleared the way for America’s ascent, making the country prosperous, powerful, and secure. Today, however, the Founders’ admonition against entangling alliances has fallen into disrepute, and the word isolationist itself has become an insult.

In the absence of constraints on the nation’s ambition abroad, American grand strategy has fallen prey to overstretch and grown politically insolvent. The nation now confronts a seemingly unlimited array of foreign entanglements, two decades of errant war in the Middle East, and a pandemic that is causing an economic debacle of a sort not experienced since the Great Depression.

The United States needs to rediscover the history of isolationism and apply its lessons, shrinking its footprint abroad and bringing its foreign commitments back into line with its means and purposes.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Overwrought campaign season hand wringing over Trump, NATO & Germany.
Let's see if the EUroburghers respond, step up, do more & assert some leadership, ...or just whine.
Germany needs to spend as much on readiness as they do on military pensions.
https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2020/0 ... to/168853/
Spangdahlem Air Base will survive, but covid has cx'd the season for their HS champion 6 man football team.
https://www.airforcemag.com/spangdahlem ... -the-base/
https://www.facebook.com/SpangdahlemFootball/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:34 am Isolationism is not a dirty word :

Isolationism once cleared the way for America’s ascent, making the country prosperous, powerful, and secure. Today, however, the Founders’ admonition against entangling alliances has fallen into disrepute, and the word isolationist itself has become an insult.

In the absence of constraints on the nation’s ambition abroad, American grand strategy has fallen prey to overstretch and grown politically insolvent. The nation now confronts a seemingly unlimited array of foreign entanglements, two decades of errant war in the Middle East, and a pandemic that is causing an economic debacle of a sort not experienced since the Great Depression.

The United States needs to rediscover the history of isolationism and apply its lessons, shrinking its footprint abroad and bringing its foreign commitments back into line with its means and purposes.
Quite the character is your Kupchan.

But, hey, he must be loved by Putin!
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... st/302617/
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:04 pm

.:lol:. ...how timely. You had to go back 18 years to find something with which to slime Kupchan.

What was Putin doing in 2002 ? obtw -- Kupchan served on Obama's NSC.

In 2002, Kupchan bought into the Atlantic reading globalist, elitist myth that the emerging EU would function as a United States of Europe, rather than the weak, feckless, bickering cartel & debating society it has become
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:10 pm

.:lol:. ...how timely. You had to go back 18 years to find something with which to slime Kupchan.

In 2002, Kupchan bought into the Atlantic reading globalist, elitist myth that the emerging EU would function as a United States of Europe, rather than the weak, feckless, bickering cartel & debating society it has become
Did I slime him?

I just did a quick google check, saw a number of articles he'd written and that one sure caught my eye!

But hey, you, Putin, RT, OAN, must all love the guy.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:24 pm

Did I slime him?

I just did a quick google check, saw a number of articles he'd written and that one sure caught my eye!

You make Joe McCarthy proud.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:24 pm

Did I slime him?

You make Joe McCarthy proud.
hey, I'm not looking for "Communists" under every rock (ala your constant reminder re the CCCP), I'm simply responding to your post in the service of an ideology I think serves Putin not America.

Want to have a serious discussion on the topic, I'm fine with Kupchan or anyone else making the nuanced argument that a balance needs to be achieved between our global reach and concerns, and our capacities. Many of us on here would agree that the Neo-cons went way too far in their overweening hubris.

But you go way, way too far the other direction in your retreat from the support of the principles of western democracy, the abandonment of natural democratic allies, the short sightedness of isolationism.

Straight out of RT.

Return to “POLITICS”