Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:26 pm If we ever see Trump's taxes, I think we're going to see large tax fraud, misreporting of income, understating etc. And by contrast, we'll see gross over stating of income and assets with banks, bank fraud.

There are other land mines for Trump, but I think the tax fraud will run to the tens of millions of dollars if not 100's of millions over that six year period.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:26 pm If we ever see Trump's taxes, I think we're going to see large tax fraud, misreporting of income, understating etc. And by contrast, we'll see gross over stating of income and assets with banks, bank fraud.

There are other land mines for Trump, but I think the tax fraud will run to the tens of millions of dollars if not 100's of millions.
So, we are going to see something that the IRS....you know....the experts..... aren't seeing? :roll:

Pretty sure being charged with tax fraud would be public knowledge at this point. FOIA and all that. Now, as for not being a billionaire, THAT would look bad to whom? We already know the guy is a liar.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:39 pm

There are other land mines for Trump, but I think the tax fraud will run to the tens of millions of dollars if not 100's of millions.
So, we are going to see something that the IRS....you know....the experts..... aren't seeing? :roll:

Pretty sure being charged with tax fraud would be public knowledge at this point. FOIA and all that. Now, as for not being a billionaire, THAT would look bad to whom? We already know the guy is a liar.
Not if it's been done during his tenure as POTUS; that could be under seal. SDNY.

If you read that article over on another thread posted by wahoomurf, you'll see a bunch about why it's so hard to go after the super rich. The IRS is badly outgunned.

But SDNY now has cooperating witnesses to help.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Not if it's been done during his tenure as POTUS; that could be under seal. SDNY.

If you read that article over on another thread posted by wahoomurf, you'll see a bunch about why it's so hard to go after the super rich. The IRS is badly outgunned.

Not interested in an "article" posted by him, but the IRS investigated him. (Manafort) It is what they do. The irs acts as a prosecutorial conduit. SDNY can't investigate crimes they don't have authority to invesitgate, which, when it comes to FEDERAL tax evasion, or fraud, that would be the IRS/fbi. Who does.
And, if tRump can't be indicted/charged while still POTUSA, what's the point of trying to get his tax returns? So he can go to jail later? But, none of this would be an issue if he just stayed in tRump tower and promoted/marketed tRump swiss cheez and Ivanka blow up dolls?.....bc, oh boy, he would DATE her if she wasn't my daughter.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:08 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Not interested in an "article" posted by him, but the IRS investigated him. (Manafort) It is what they do. The irs acts as a prosecutorial conduit. SDNY can't investigate crimes they don't have authority to invesitgate, which, when it comes to FEDERAL tax evasion, or fraud, that would be the IRS/fbi. Who does.
And, if tRump can't be indicted/charged while still POTUSA, what's the point of trying to get his tax returns? So he can go to jail later? But, none of this would be an issue if he just stayed in tRump tower and promoted/marketed tRump swiss cheez and Ivanka blow up dolls?.....bc, oh boy, he would DATE her if she wasn't my daughter.
:lol: :!: :!: I think the SDNY will spend a lot of time chasing their tails going down this road.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Interesting that the issues surrounding Trump's tax status are argued on this thread. I'm sure the IRS DOES NOT have separate Conservative or Liberal audit streams. Rather I am of the opinion that the IRS has separate audit streams for the 1% and the hoi polloi.

Tis' a free country, If you don't want to read the article posted by HIM, zay gezunt. It sure as hell resonated with me. Perspective and experience inform me (aka HIM) that that article was spot on.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

given the way the IRS was run under Obama, I would think that is there was prosecute-able tax fraud in Trump's past - we would know about it....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:49 am

given the way the IRS was run under Obama, I would think that is there was prosecute-able tax fraud in Trump's past - we would know about it....
Nope, that's actually right-wing propaganda. The IRS was gutted under Obama...by the GOP Congress.
There was an early Obama period attempt to beef up resources to tackle the super-rich tax avoidance, but that got gutted shortly thereafter. Power of the purse.

wahoomurf posted an excellent, exhaustive, article on this topic on another thread.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

MD:Perhaps russellrun and hoodat along with many,many other FANLAX folks have more experience weaving their way through the arcane workings of the IRS than me.Moreover,they likely have spent more time,business-wise and socially, with Trump throughout the years than I have.As such they must have a better understanding of how that man's mind works than we mortals.

No matter,there's more than enough low hanging fruit to keep Judge McMahon and her crew busy.If/when Mulvaney is proven wrong,any tax "issues" will be the frosting on the farewell-to-Trump cake.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

HooDat wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:49 am

given the way the would know about IRS was run under Obama, I would think that is there was prosecute-able tax fraud in Trump's past - we would know about it.... :roll:
So that Obama chap effed-up the IRS all by himself? He's probably the guy responsible for those horrible fires out west,the increased tornado activity in the country not to mention the separation of those criminal kids from their evil,druggie parents.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:30 pm If you are a fiscal conservative then you have been left smack dab in the middle of the political outback. There are no Republicans or Democrats that give a rats rear end about how much we spend. The only thing we ever hear is more taxes... more taxes... more taxes... more taxes... CUT SPENDING... :lol:

It will be recalled that Obama offered to end all foreign tax shelters which would eliminate the need for more taxes. Quite the contrary, it would end the nation's debt and likely lead to the elimination of the income tax. Of course, his efforts were stopped by Congressional Republicans with the ready assent of far right delusionals who continue to blame Dems for the presence of needless taxes.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Zombie economics
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:30 am

Nope, that's actually right-wing propaganda. The IRS was gutted under Obama...by the GOP Congress.
There was an early Obama period attempt to beef up resources to tackle the super-rich tax avoidance, but that got gutted shortly thereafter. Power of the purse.

wahoomurf posted an excellent, exhaustive, article on this topic on another thread.

That is largely true though the process of screwing the IRS in order to benefit the wealthy elites began under Reagan and has gradually worsened over the years.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:59 pm Christian Scum.
ohh so typical, unfortunately.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:lol: :lol:
I wish we could give Hogan credit for this, but that's a bridge too far.

Hogan has been relatively good on environmental issues, especially given the GOP in MD being so rurally based and business oriented. So, it'd be fair to say that the Bay's health is on his agenda.

My mouth is watering though!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Fix Baltimore? ;)

Return to “POLITICS”