Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Constitutional method to vacate an election

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:26 am “The astounding thing is how very close Trump came to getting away with it. But for the courage of one nameless whistleblower, headlines would now be overrun with Biden and ominous foreign investigations. The fact of Trump's malicious hand it in all never would've been untangled. The insane part to me is that multiple people reported Trump's abuse of power via various channels & all of them were shut down until the whistleblower complaint was filed, twice. This has been covered up by multiple high level people who should all be investigated.” Susan Hennessy
Really good point. I just can't decide whether it is, for now anyway, extraneous to the central issue of evaluating the President's behavior and fitness for the Office.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ggait wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:28 pm FWIW, Judge Leon is a GWB appointee. Seems conservative but reasonable.
Here's his bio from the DC District Court web page; notice anything interesting??

Judge Leon was appointed to the United States District Court in February 2002. He received his A.B. from Holy Cross College in 1971, his J.D. cum laude from Suffolk Law School in 1974, and his LL.M. from Harvard Law School in 1981. Immediately prior to his appointment to the bench, Judge Leon was engaged in private practice in Washington, D.C., as a partner in the Washington office of Baker & Hostetler (1989-1999), and Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease (1999-2002). Prior to and while in private practice, Judge Leon served as counsel to Congress in the investigations of three sitting Presidents. In 1987, he was the Deputy Chief Minority Counsel for the U.S. House Select “Iran-Contra” Committee. From 1992-1993, he was the Chief Minority Counsel to the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Committee’s “October Surprise” Task Force. In 1994, Judge Leon was Special Counsel to the U.S. House Banking Committee for its “Whitewater” investigation. He also served in 1997 as Special Counsel to the bipartisan U.S. House Ethics Reform Task Force. Earlier in his career, Judge Leon served at the U.S. Department of Justice in a number of positions including Deputy Assistant Attorney General in the Environment Division, Senior Trial Attorney in the Criminal Section of the Tax Division, and as a Special Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York. He also served as a Commissioner on the White House Fellows Commission and the Judicial Review Commission on Foreign Asset Control. A former full-time law professor at St. John’s Law School (1979-1983), Judge Leon is currently an adjunct law professor at the Georgetown University Law Center and the George Washington University Law School.

OK, there's a hint.
Last edited by seacoaster on Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Republicans outsourced Ukraine policy to a private lawyer being paid by Russian mobsters. An Army vet objected to their extortion racket. Republicans are calling him disloyal.”
Jonathan Chait.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The mention of the traitor Ollie North got me thinking, and it is in THIS POST where you can find descriptions of what a REAL PATRIOT looks like Vindman), and what a SCUMBAG DEEP STATE TRAITOR (Harvey) looks like.

it's the tale of one Derek Harvey, one of the weasels that "shaped the facts to crete the policy" with respect to the disastrous invasion of Iraq....you know, the criminal effort of President Cheney and his fratboy accomplice to get the US into that illegal war.

Harvey was/is also bound up with another traitor, Mike Flynn...and has been spending his time lately trying to expose Deep Whistle.

Guys like this are why there's such a steep penalty for treason...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Poll from Suffolk University & USA Today shows most Americans want Trump to stop stonewalling. Asked if the White House has an obligation to comply with the subpoenas from Congress, 66% say yes. Only 26% say no. Even 35% of R's say WH ought to comply. Time to show those cards. Schiff v Nunes in the hearings.
ggait

Post by ggait »

OK, there's a hint.
As noted, he's a GOP appointee. Twice was in defense mode in congressional investigations, and once in Prosecutor mode (Whitewater). So he himself has stonewalled and been stonewalled. Not a bad background for this case.

But he's got lots of rulings both ways. For example, he told DOJ to pound sand on the ATT/Time Warner merger (and was upheld 3-0 on appeal). That's the deal where Trump probably told DOJ to oppose (for lame legal reasons) because Time Warner is the parent company of CNN.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ggait wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:30 pm
OK, there's a hint.
As noted, he's a GOP appointee. Twice was in defense mode in congressional investigations, and once in Prosecutor mode (Whitewater). So he himself has stonewalled and been stonewalled. Not a bad background for this case.

But he's got lots of rulings both ways. For example, he told DOJ to pound sand on the ATT/Time Warner merger (and was upheld 3-0 on appeal). That's the deal where Trump probably told DOJ to oppose (for lame legal reasons) because Time Warner is the parent company of CNN.
Yeah, he is a good guy for this task, in terms of experience and former party affiliation.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

How far will Congressional Republicans go to protect America's current Head of State? We the people are going to find out pretty damn soon. The next few weeks should be INTERESTING. ;)

https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispatch ... =TNY_Daily
ggait

Post by ggait »

538's impeachment poll average has it today at 48.7% in favor and 43.4% opposed. Independents are 47.7% in favor.

Which basically proves that there are few (if any) true independents. In reality, Indies are Dem leaners or Rep leaners in about the same split as party identifiers are. So heading into the public hearings, basically all Dems are for and all Reps are against.

If the pro numbers increase to 55% in response to public hearings, Trump is toast. The GOP would kick him to the curb since he'd be DOA in the upcoming election.

Probably won't happen. But it wouldn't take all that many defections for the dam to break.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I honestly believe the left is making a calculated risk and doing this an attempt to gain 3 more seats in the Senate for a majority. If this goes to the Senate and the votes go party line...I believe the left thinks they will pick up those 3 more seats and have both sides of the isle, they can then run the show. They also know they currently have poo for a competitor vs. Trump...so the next best thing is pick up rule the hen house.

Something to think about.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:10 pm I honestly believe the left is making a calculated risk and doing this an attempt to gain 3 more seats in the Senate for a majority. If this goes to the Senate and the votes go party line...I believe the left thinks they will pick up those 3 more seats and have both sides of the isle, they can then run the show. They also know they currently have poo for a competitor vs. Trump...so the next best thing is pick up rule the hen house.

Something to think about.
I don't think is mostly about a gambit for seats in a 2020 election anymore. I really do think this is a bigger deal than that for most folks. I know it sounds pompous to say it, but I think it is about the President's character and fitness for office. Please forgive my evident TDS.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:50 pm The mention of the traitor Ollie North got me thinking, and it is in THIS POST where you can find descriptions of what a REAL PATRIOT looks like Vindman), and what a SCUMBAG DEEP STATE TRAITOR (Harvey) looks like.

it's the tale of one Derek Harvey, one of the weasels that "shaped the facts to crete the policy" with respect to the disastrous invasion of Iraq....you know, the criminal effort of President Cheney and his fratboy accomplice to get the US into that illegal war.

Harvey was/is also bound up with another traitor, Mike Flynn...and has been spending his time lately trying to expose Deep Whistle.

Too bad Dis that you so easily overlook Col. Norths record as a highly decorated combat officer. That counts for nothing amongst the FLP buckets of Puss that post here. How many of you effing cowards would have risked your pathetic lives to save anybody besides your damn selves? Not a damn one of you candy ass FLP folks are man enough to lick Col. Norths left nut. I understand why you hate him but I bet any of his marines that served under him would tell you all to go to hell. Many of them are alive today because of his courage and devotion to his marines got them home in one piece. That simple fact among you FLP weeds is something you will never understand. You all have a wonderful day in the little circle jerk you all have created here. Maybe you can reconnect with your frat boy days and smack each other on your backsides with a cricket paddle? Insert middle finger icon.
http://www.liquisearch.com/oliver_north ... ecorations
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I think anyone would appreciate North's or any combat veteran's combat service. That doesn't mean that, thereafter, in everything they do, they are gilded by a protective layer of goodness and righteousness. Oliver North served with distinction, and made some grave and serious mistakes. Your usual ill-informed, prejudiced overstatement is on display, again. Try to contribute something, somewhere.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:49 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:50 pm The mention of the traitor Ollie North got me thinking, and it is in THIS POST where you can find descriptions of what a REAL PATRIOT looks like Vindman), and what a SCUMBAG DEEP STATE TRAITOR (Harvey) looks like.

Too bad Dis that you so easily overlook Col. Norths record as a highly decorated combat officer. That counts for nothing amongst the FLP buckets of Puss that post here. How many of you effing cowards would have risked your pathetic lives to save anybody besides your damn selves? Not a damn one of you candy ass FLP folks are man enough to lick Col. Norths left nut. I understand why you hate him but I bet any of his marines that served under him would tell you all to go to hell. Many of them are alive today because of his courage and devotion to his marines got them home in one piece. That simple fact among you FLP weeds is something you will never understand. You all have a wonderful day in the little circle jerk you all have created here. Maybe you can reconnect with your frat boy days and smack each other on your backsides with a cricket paddle? Insert middle finger icon.
cradle, you've lost your mind again.
The vitriol really isn't necessary, much less your logic holds no water.

That said, I'd agree that the term 'traitor' is over the top on the part re Oliver North.
Did he do something very wrong, you betcha. Very.
But I don't believe for a moment he did it to hurt the USA.

See, that point can be made without screaming at folks.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I’ll let you be man enough to lick Ollie’s left nut. If you are really a man, lick both! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:36 pm

I’ll let you be man enough to lick Ollie’s left nut. If your are really a man, lick both! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Indeed funny, but come on TLD, cradle doesn't need to be poked.
He needs to chill out this eve. Let's give him a chance.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The Colonel says the “transcript” of the shakedown call is not accurate, over his objection. NYT

“The @WSJ can confirm that Vindman testified today that the rough transcript of the call contained missing words and phrases that he tried unsuccessfully to restore, according to people familiar with the matter. Good scoop by NYT.”
wsj.com/articles/house…
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:47 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:39 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:24 pm Any chance we can start a thread called “Fighting Words — the Murf and LandM Fight Thread,” and free up impeachment for, you know, impeachment?
+1
or at least stop with all the threats of violence. Really has no place on here.

Not to mention off topic.
The threat of violence are stunningly childish and show a lot about the poster.
It certainly does. Hey murph, take note!

:lol:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:12 pm The Colonel says the “transcript” of the shakedown call is not accurate, over his objection. NYT

“The @WSJ can confirm that Vindman testified today that the rough transcript of the call contained missing words and phrases that he tried unsuccessfully to restore, according to people familiar with the matter. Good scoop by NYT.”
wsj.com/articles/house…
Here's the article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/29/us/p ... e=Homepage

The transcript apparently omits references to a tape of Joe Biden, and "Burisma."

Return to “POLITICS”