Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by youthathletics »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:44 am Right, ignorant nincompoops they can manipulate...

Din-ding-ding, Exactly! like damn near the entire left wing party, for believing the Russian Trump Election hoax. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

The Russian stuff is real. It is so dangerous that our intel agencies (who are always right) left the puppet in place for two years now. :roll:
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Speaking of Mueller.......what evah happened to his FBI investigations into Halliburton, KBR, and the billions in missing money. Any of the players still around? TAATS and bigfoot.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

And yet, the Justice department aka Trump Administration, has already announced that the 2018 mid-term election was pristine....go figure. Amazing why they did not first consult Mueller before announcing this.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

frmanfan wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:21 pm The Russian stuff is real. It is so dangerous that our intel agencies (who are always right) left the puppet in place for two years now. :roll:
Intelligence communities don't remove constitutionally elected officials. That's the Congress's job, or ours. The buy-in of some of you guys to the trashing of various institutions is remarkable.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 pmDin-ding-ding, Exactly! like damn near the entire left wing party, for believing the Russian Trump Election hoax. ;)
Those Rooskies were so afraid of a certain left wing candidate that they helped give us the incumbent ignorant nincompoop...which in Russian is evidently called a "Very Serious Genius"

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 pm NATO is a military alliance, not a trade & customs union. The US & Canada were never EU members. We receive no special consideration from the EUroburghers for the security were provide for their access to global markets.
That's the most naive thing you've ever posted. Finance and military security are interlinked. Always have been.

Why do you think we never had a Cold War with China? Yep. Trade. Finance. Interlinked. The fact that you aren't losing your bananas over Trump's little game of a fake Trade War with China tells me that. You're worried about a Cold War with piddly little Putin? I'm 100 times more worried about pushing China too far, and getting one with them.
old salt wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 pm You keep telling us how the sanctions keep Russia from being a threat.
No. I have never said that. What I have said--repeatedly---is that money matters. You're acting like it doesn't, and that's absurd. Taking money from the Russians limits their plays, and makes them think twice about what they do.
old salt wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 pm Putin, & his power structure, are the remnants of the Soviet system & the Cold War. They will eventually pass from the scene. Do we really want to institutionalize a Cold War, with increasingly capable nuclear weapons + Russian paranoia & grievance, as the permanent state of our future relations with the Russian people.
So let's say we did what you are advocating.

1. Do nothing after Crimea and Ukraine
2. Dont' even mention it in public, because that would be "lecturing" Putin. And if there's one thing I've learned about you, Obama's worst sin, other than leading from behind, was lecturing Putin. So we can't even say that invading Ukraine was bad.

So Putin has done these things, and we've not only not done anything about it---we haven't even condemned the move.

You're Putin: what message did you get from the US?

If it's me, and I'm Putin? The message is: all non-NATO nations that lived in the shadow of the Soviet empire are fair game for annexation. The US and NATO don't care.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

so this is why Obama never sanctioned China for those OPM hacks/data breach.......cold wars, trading and money.

got it
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:56 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 pmDin-ding-ding, Exactly! like damn near the entire left wing party, for believing the Russian Trump Election hoax. ;)
Those Rooskies were so afraid of a certain left wing candidate that they helped give us the incumbent ignorant nincompoop...which in Russian is evidently called a "Very Serious Genius"

Was that the same idiotic democrat nincompoop that did the stupid little show with the reset button? YeahDis I am certain that vlad was shaking in his boots at the prospects of dealing with that person. The proven method for dealing with THAT democrat revolves around the number of zeroes you write on the check. That Democrat never met a ruble or a dollar that she didn't love. :lol: All Vlad would have had to employ with that democrat was the donation expectation to a certain foundation. Problem solved. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:13 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 pm NATO is a military alliance, not a trade & customs union. The US & Canada were never EU members. We receive no special consideration from the EUroburghers for the security were provide for their access to global markets.
That's the most naive thing you've ever posted. Finance and military security are interlinked. Always have been.
You omitted the important point -- NATO was at it's zenith before there was an EU, when there was just a W Euro Common Market & our NATO allies were not compromised by trade & investment interests with the USSR.
Why do you think we never had a Cold War with China? Yep. Trade. Finance. Interlinked. The fact that you aren't losing your bananas over Trump's little game of a fake Trade War with China tells me that. You're worried about a Cold War with piddly little Putin? I'm 100 times more worried about pushing China too far, and getting one with them.
So you think, absent NATO force presence, that Putin would not grab a land corridor to Kaliningrad through the Baltic states ? Or maybe occupy them in total, as he has in Crimea & the Donbass, after his little green men infiltrated & fomented revolution.
old salt wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 pm You keep telling us how the sanctions keep Russia from being a threat.
No. I have never said that. What I have said--repeatedly---is that money matters. You're acting like it doesn't, and that's absurd. Taking money from the Russians limits their plays, and makes them think twice about what they do.
It hasn't slowed down Putin yet.
old salt wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 pm Putin, & his power structure, are the remnants of the Soviet system & the Cold War. They will eventually pass from the scene. Do we really want to institutionalize a Cold War, with increasingly capable nuclear weapons + Russian paranoia & grievance, as the permanent state of our future relations with the Russian people.
So let's say we did what you are advocating.

We're already doing more that the rest of NATO in terms of sanctions, trainers & weapons to Ukraine.
2. Dont' even mention it in public, because that would be "lecturing" Putin. And if there's one thing I've learned about you, Obama's worst sin, other than leading from behind, was lecturing Putin. So we can't even say that invading Ukraine was bad.
We said it. Now let the EUros do the kvetching, it's their backyard.

So Putin has done these things, and we've not only not done anything about it---we haven't even condemned the move.
What ??? see above ^. Plus, we're pouring billion$ back into NATO, rehabbing & occupying bases we closed after the Cold War & further stressing the force by sending them back on lengthy rotational deployments, rather that basing them there for full & multiple tours with their family.

You're Putin: what message did you get from the US? They're back in Europe (with newer, better stuff & combat hardened units).

If it's me, and I'm Putin? The message is: all non-NATO nations that lived in the shadow of the Soviet empire are fair game for annexation. The US and NATO don't care. They why are they bringing back all their military forces & exercising them on my doorstep.

We need to get back to 2006 force levels, on both sides of NATO's E border.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-damage-s ... er-1318959

Trump’s getting one of those big Friend to Russia medals Tillerson won.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I did a poor job of stating my question. Allow me to try again, old salt.

It's 2000, and Putin takes office. So let's say we did what you are advocating...do everything to avoid a Cold War. I have numbered what it is you think we should have done about Putin's various shenanigans, and have stated so on several occasions:

2. Do nothing after US Intel tells us about US election nonsense
3. Do nothing after the spy is killed UK
4. Don't even mention either #1 or #2 or #3 in public or in private, because that would be "lecturing" Putin. And if there's one thing I've learned about you, Obama's worst sin, other than leading from behind, was lecturing Putin. So we can't even say that invading Ukraine was bad.

So Putin has done these things, and we've not only not done anything about it---we haven't even condemned the move in any way, shape or form. No sanctions, no lecturing, no nothing.

You're V. Putin: what message did you get from the United States?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm I did a poor job of stating my question. Allow me to try again, old salt.

It's 2000, and Putin takes office. So let's say we did what you are advocating...do everything to avoid a Cold War. I have numbered what it is you think we should have done about Putin's various shenanigans, and have stated so on several occasions:

4. Don't even mention either #1 or #2 or #3 in public or in private, because that would be "lecturing" Putin. And if there's one thing I've learned about you, Obama's worst sin, other than leading from behind, was lecturing Putin. So we can't even say that invading Ukraine was bad.

So Putin has done these things, and we've not only not done anything about it---we haven't even condemned the move in any way, shape or form. No sanctions, no lecturing, no nothing.

When the Russian politician Denis Voronenkov was gunned down in Ukraine, officials blamed the Kremlin. The truth was more complicated.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm I did a poor job of stating my question. Allow me to try again, old salt.

We did something about 1. thru 4. -- more so than our EU allies who were more directly impacted.
Now it's time to move on, as they have, & find a realpolitik modus vivendi with Russia.We should defer to our EU/NATO allies & let them take the lead in this regard. We should be able to live with whatever they can re. Crimea, Ukraine, poisoning spies on their soil & cyber dirty tricks in all our elections.

This re-emerging Cold War is costing us both steeply, our EU allies don't want to spend more, & it increases the odds of a miscalculation.
Because of geography & distance, it costs us more to defend against each Russian upgrade & regenerate defensive capabilities which have been dormant or dismantled since the Cold War ended. ...& we're spending a lot more to do it than are our EU/NATO allies who benefit the most from it.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Got any proof?

Mueller and his 20 million dollar budget AND dozens of LIBERAL prosecutors doesn't.

The MSM that HATES Trump doesn't have any either.

Maybe you should share your proof with them
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Now would be a good time to re-review all those WH workers (30) who flunked their security reviews before Trump’s stooge passed them.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:40 pm

Got any proof?

Mueller and his 20 million dollar budget AND dozens of LIBERAL prosecutors doesn't.

Mueller is republican
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:15 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:40 pm

Got any proof?

Mueller is republican
So what. None of his list of prosecutors are
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

They probably shove Bob around. Hey, Butina’s aging GOP honey Paul Erickson got indicted by the Feds in S Dakota. Money laundering, stuff like that. Not connected to SC.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/paul-eric ... -for-fraud
Last edited by Trinity on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”