CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by DMac »

That's what I'd guess happened, these cops were in a tough spot and needed to get out, or were more needed elsewhere.
Smart move on the cop's part, used his head for something other than a hat rack...and that too. Was killin' 'em with kindness, so to speak.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:57 pm That's what I'd guess happened, these cops were in a tough spot and needed to get out, or were more needed elsewhere.
Smart move on the cop's part, used his head for something other than a hat rack...and that too. Was killin' 'em with kindness, so to speak.

Pardon the language.

EDIT:

😂😂😂
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Perfect!!

Gotta say, I love this shot. Missy gonna grab her phone, bet she thinks twice before she does that again.
Oh, and this gal knows how to throw a punch (gotta click on view).
https://twitter.com/deep_dab/status/134 ... 01637.html
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:44 am
6x6 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:26 am A video I hadn’t seen before of a Lt. with the CP wearing a MAGA hat. If you haven’t seen it before watch till the end, interesting.

https://www.wsj.com/video/why-capitol-p ... EFB33.html
Interesting, at first I thought it was quite smart, then as I watched all those officers leave, I was like What the heck...he just gave the people what they wanted.

Would love to hear more on this story for sure.
If he'd gotten a call from the cops in riot gear holding the line that they'd been overwhelmed and were in danger of losing their lives, had no ability to fall back without a rescue, then it was a very smart play. And ultimately should be applauded.

I'd be looking at his social media and any other communications to see whether he was actually a MAGA supporter and had a different purpose...but I doubt that's what they'll find. Am I making an unfair (positive) assumption because he's black and he looked fully in control of his senses? Probably would be less inclined to give the benefit of the doubt if he was white, shaved head, beefy sort of cop and repeated phrases consistent with "Stop the Steal" rhetoric...I'd give better odds on that showing up in social media too. Either way, that's what I'd be looking for.

Wonder whether they have tapes of the radio communications?
I sent the video to my CP friend and see what he has to say.

Couple other things I picked up...
@ :47, the guy who takes the megaphone appears to flash a badge, as if he is some kind of cop.
@ 2:23 it appears the Captiol has not been breached yet, or it had been and now resealed, as you can see the fficers using the plexi-glass shield holding them back before they exit.

There are plenty other means of exiting the Capitol, so it is indeed a headscratcher why they needed to exit the front door, especially if they were already in position indoors to hold the idiots back.

Still more questions...
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:10 am . The gaslighting done in this forum has gotten worse and worse for merely trying to stay optimistic.
It's been that way ever since Trump was elected.
It is now reaching new levels as we enter the truth & reconciliation phase.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Pro tip for cops : don't flash your Oath Keeper gear at Whole Foods.
https://www.capitalgazette.com/news/cri ... story.html

...photos of the hat inscribed with "Oath Keepers" displayed in the rear of the cruiser, which had been parked at the Whole Foods at the Annapolis Towne Center. The Oath Keepers describes itself as a non-partisan organization composed of current and former police and military who vow to "defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic."

The group's controversial tactics have landed it on the radar of hate-watch groups, such as the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League.

The officer responsible for the vehicle has since been suspended while the department conducts an administrative investigation. Police have only identified the officer as a nine-year veteran of the force
The MAGA hat wearing CP cop in the video & the Oath Keeper cop in the mob likely saved several CP cops from serious injury or worse.
Surrounded, pinned in & outmanned, they live to fight another day.
A lesson in how fickle the mob dynamic is & how it can be incited or redirected.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:10 am . The gaslighting done in this forum has gotten worse and worse for merely trying to stay optimistic.
:lol: You're getting called out for four years of supporting Trump...and you want to call this gaslighting?

You two are going to pretend like you didn't support the guy, just like millions of Republicans who later claimed they never voted for Nixon.

But sure. Gaslighting. Whatever makes you feel better.

MDLax is right--that's not what gaslighting is. And geez fellas, try a little humility. We're paying the price for Trumpism. It's not a big deal to own up to the consequences. I'm going to have to own up to voting for Biden in four years....do you think Biden will do nothing negative? :lol:

Lighten up. Own your own opinions. It's not that big of a deal.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:46 pm
:lol: You're getting called out for four years of supporting Trump...and you want to call this gaslighting?

You two are going to pretend like you didn't support the guy, just like millions of Republicans who later claimed they never voted for Nixon.

We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump. I am not a social media "influencer". This is the only place I express my political views. Don't overestimate the influence or reach of this tiny forum of a few fans of an elitist niche sport, killing time & bantering between games. (although I'm sure MDLF76 has reported it to the FBI tip line)

Like YA & tech, I tried to remain optimistic & defended the positives, despite the withering attacks.
During the 4 year bogus Russia hoax (which you swallowed hook, line & sinker) I called out the abuses of power by the Deep State Resistance, which are still being revealed.

You telling others to lighten up in their opinions. :lol: Now THAT is gaslighting.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm

We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump. I am not a social media "influencer". This is the only place I express my political views. Don't overestimate the influence or reach of this tiny forum of a few fans of an elitist niche sport, killing time & bantering between games. (although I'm sure MDLF76 has reported it to the FBI tip line)

Like YA & tech, I tried to remain optimistic & defended the positives, despite the withering attacks.
During the 4 year bogus Russia hoax (which you swallowed hook, line & sinker) I called out the abuses of power by the Deep State Resistance, which are still being revealed.

You telling others to lighten up in their opinions. :lol: Now THAT is gaslighting.
Putin put Russian assets to work to help Trump get elected.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump.
No. You just supported his actions for four years, as did millions of Americans. We're paying the price for this support, and you know it. There's more to political activity than voting. But then, you know this.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm Like YA & tech, I tried to remain optimistic & defended the positives, despite the withering attacks.
Yes. You're Republicans. You supported the little R, not the actual policies. You'll never admit this, but that's the deal. It's why, for example, Tech bought into Trump's China nonsense without thinking it through. And how did that work out? Boy, that was a REAL tough call on my part telling you what would happen. I almost used a whole brain cell figuring out that Trumps fake trade war wouldn't work on the spot.

And not one of you did the same thing with Obama---you weren't optimistic, and instead, hit him for everything and anything. You took the negative position on everything he did. Heck, you blamed the welfare of each of the 18 countries in the Middle East on a single speech in Egypt! And hammered Obama for being arrogant.

When Trump won the election, I thought----boy, if Old Salt hated Obamas' arrogance, he's just going to light Trump up for his.

Nope. Not a word about Trump's overcompensating arrogance. Shocker.

And then you all recoiled in fake horror when the Dems had the gall to do what you did to Obama for eight years, when it was Trump's turn to take the heat.

All three of you bought into the "Trump is the most criticized President ever". Well done. I guess we're lucky Trump didn't tell you that the Earth is flat. Who knows how what horrible moral struggle you'd have to deal with..... to muster the strength to point out that that's a lie.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm During the 4 year bogus Russia hoax (which you swallowed hook, line & sinker)
Nope. And you know it. I told you BEFORE Mueller started the investigation that they wouldn't find evidence of collusion. And I was right. The difference is-----I think Trump's (and his team's) behavior was unethical, and at a minimum, Kush and TrumpJr. should have been thrown out of our Federal government for obvious reasons.

The fact that you and your Republican party didn't demand Trump cast them out....was all that Trump needed to hear about the feckless leaders in your Party, and the weak voters who will wave ANY behavior through, so long as Trump has a R by his name? Well, that was quite a helpful lesson you taught Trump before his term started. Nicely done.

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm I called out the abuses of power by the Deep State Resistance, which are still being revealed.
Oh, totally. Any day now, after---what----7 investigations. They're going to expose your coup. I suggest you sit by the phone on this one. The phone will ring, uncovering "the truth" sometime this week.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm You telling others to lighten up in their opinions. :lol: Now THAT is gaslighting.
Nope. I telling you that you CAN admit when you were wrong without "losing points", or something . You are unable to do this. That's ok...I deal with that with my dad, and am fine with it. You know the score. And that's more than enough for me. ;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

You two remind me of a husband and wife (are we aloud to use those terms these days ;) ) that have been together for decades. Always nit picking on each other b/c you know each other so well...but still smile and hold hands walking down the street. Love it. :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

This is what you supported for four years. Hide from it now, sure. Some dollars for the military and a tax cuts, all in exchange for the debasement of the office and radicalization of the rabble:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/16/opin ... e=Homepage

The Deep State comment made me laugh. Follow the criminal Flynn into Q-land.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

It is now reaching new levels as we enter the truth & reconciliation phase.
This is the BS that the abuser says in an attempt at counseling, after years of abusing a spouse...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:41 pm You two remind me of a husband and wife (are we aloud to use those terms these days ;) ) that have been together for decades. Always nit picking on each other b/c you know each other so well...but still smile and hold hands walking down the street. Love it. :D
Yep! Pretty much spot on! I'd buy OS a nice steak, and few glasses of whiskey any day of the week. We'd talk about the things we agree on....and likely family. And have a fine night.

Same goes with every poster here. We get heated sometimes, but it's all in fun, or we wouldn't be here.

Or at the very least, I'm speaking for myself here. ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:15 am :roll: Leave it up to an uptight...
Tech, chill. No personal attacks...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:35 pm Pro tip for cops : don't flash your Oath Keeper gear at Whole Foods.

...photos of the hat inscribed with "Oath Keepers" displayed in the rear of the cruiser, which had been parked at the Whole Foods at the Annapolis Towne Center. The Oath Keepers describes itself as a non-partisan organization composed of current and former police and military who vow to "defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic."

The group's controversial tactics have landed it on the radar of hate-watch groups, such as the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League.

The officer responsible for the vehicle has since been suspended while the department conducts an administrative investigation. Police have only identified the officer as a nine-year veteran of the force
The MAGA hat wearing CP cop in the video & the Oath Keeper cop in the mob likely saved several CP cops from serious injury or worse.
A lesson in how fickle the mob dynamic is & how it can be incited or redirected.
You're giving credit to the "Oath Keeper" cop now???
And I'm supposed to have reported you to the FBI???
Delusional.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:02 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:35 pm Pro tip for cops : don't flash your Oath Keeper gear at Whole Foods.

Delusional.
I wonder how his comeback is going?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:35 pm

Putin put Russian assets to work to help Trump get elected.
And Trump and his cronies welcomed the help. And lied about their contacts with Russians, over and over and over again...nothing to see her, fellas, it's all Fake News...Deep State Resistance...Drain the Swamp...

And we see the results now of all this normalization of lying by a POTUS and his cult-like slavish followers and proponents.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:02 pm

Delusional.
I wonder how his comeback is going?
You don't think it was a good thing he did, getting those CP cops to safety ?
Last edited by old salt on Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:30 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Perfect!!

Gotta say, I love this shot. Missy gonna grab her phone, bet she thinks twice before she does that again.
Oh, and this gal knows how to throw a punch (gotta click on view).
https://twitter.com/deep_dab/status/134 ... 01637.html
Quite the right cross.

Return to “POLITICS”