Golf

General Chatter
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Re: Golf

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

yeah i think when you shared that photo it was the first thing i thought of.
:) :)
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Spieth got his confidence back. A nice round of 66 today. Weather was great this morning and getting a little raw out there this afternoon. Afternoon rounds may be tough today.

Brooks birdied his first hole I think this afternoon. He is ridiculous.

I dropped Spieth from my pool this week and replaced him with Tiger.... wish I hadn't done that... sigh
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:47 pm as if it wasnt enough to dislike el tigre already: https://thespun.com/news/tiger-woods-ma ... cks-outfit
I caught part of the PGA Championship broadcast this morning. You will enjoy this...

They are talking about the great round Koepka had yesterday but can't stop still drooling over Tiger.

One of the commentators says, "Brooks is just mentally laser focused on his game right now. Almost to the level that Tiger is at."
:lol:
ChairmanOfTheBoard

just heard it! (listening in)
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:30 pm just heard it! (listening in)
Beautiful out right now! Not a breeze in the air. Weird day weather wise.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

start the yacht!

I'm pissed, I want my money back, I wanted to see the goat!

....oh well. I may have to settle for witnessing a broken record or two.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Just witnessed that hole in one! I’m standing at the 17th tee box and the wind is howling! Awesome!
ChairmanOfTheBoard

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

thanks for posting that! I was in first row right next to Glover's caddie on that shot. Glover went on to make that holeout and I totally missed it... just heard the crowd roar again while we were still all talking about his partner's ace!
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

Mike Hadley, the son of a close friend, is the course superintendent at the Black course. Here is a photo of him and his crew with Brooks Koepka after his win.
Attachments
94B70789-10A3-4A59-9D1E-01CCFC346636.jpeg
94B70789-10A3-4A59-9D1E-01CCFC346636.jpeg (197.28 KiB) Viewed 4579 times
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

6x6 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:44 pm Mike Hadley, the son of a close friend, is the course superintendent at the Black course. Here is a photo of him and his crew with Brooks Koepka after his win.
They do a heck of a job there! Place was beautiful on Sunday ...as it always is!
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

For the Tiger haters and especially for my buddy frank P33.... I love to stir your sauce baby!

Watching Brooks Koepka just save par with a nice 10 footer on 16. Commentators on FoxSports Network 1 said he was “tigeresque” on that save!
;)
ChairmanOfTheBoard

if tigeresque means a cheating, dishonest, sex-addict loser- it doesnt work. :mrgreen:

tight bottleneck approaches and small greens at pebble beach. lots of wind too. makes a novice feel good watching the experts chip out of the sand.

with that said- love when someone wins a major with a -10 or -12, and not some silly -27 figure.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Played Cruden Bay on Monday...it’s Royal Aberdeen later today. Bucket List golf trip this week... :D :D

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 pm Played Cruden Bay on Monday...it’s Royal Aberdeen later today. Bucket List golf trip this week... :D :D

beautiful! Enjoy!
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Tacked on the Jubilee Course at St. Andrews and then Kingsbarns on Saturday...what an AMAZING dream golf vacation...

Gotta figure out how to post some of these pictures...truly remarkable, if you're into that sort of thing!

Last edited by dislaxxic on Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DMac

Post by DMac »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:30 am Tacked on the Jubilee Course at St. Andrews and then Highbarns on Saturday...what an AMAZING dream golf vacation...

Gotta figure out how to post some of these pictures...truly remarkable, if you're into that sort of thing!

Happy for you, dis, had to be a thoroughly enjoyable experience if you're into spending your days on a golf course....and maybe a little time on the 19th hole too.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Drank way more scotch drinks than golf balls i lost!

6x6

Post by 6x6 »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:30 am Tacked on the Jubilee Course at St. Andrews and then Kingsbarns on Saturday...what an AMAZING dream golf vacation...

Played Kingsbarns towards the end of a long golf/family trip when over there 2 years ago, what a fantastic course. Beautiful sunny day but that came with steady 20 mph winds gusting to 30+, beat me up pretty good...Got lucky the last day before flying home by making it on to the Old Course and having my best round, score wise, of the 10 courses I played.

Hope your trip is going well.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

For us, that was the only day we DIDN'T have wind...got rained on for about 15 minutes...right at that scary par 3 out over the sea, No. 15 i think...which i managed to bogey somehow.

Had a 20-something female caddy there with a 1 handicap...yes, that's a "ONE"!! She had some great tips and kept me out of trouble on the way to a 88...

KingsBarns course was just built in 2000...and was the most open of the four we got on. Jubilee, at St. Andrews, was our day for wind...with 20-25mph+ winds and some nasty rough...was told that may be the toughest of St. A's what? 7 courses?

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”