For hockey fans...

General Chatter
CU88

Re: For hockey fans...

Post by CU88 »

Nigel wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 pm 1970's style trading cards of today's stars.

LOL

Thanks!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

CU88 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:15 am
Nigel wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 pm 1970's style trading cards of today's stars.

LOL

Thanks!
Phil Kessel is awesome! LOL
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

How about them Isles! Nobody on Pittsburgh touches a puck without taking a hit. Isles have been awesome in the first two games.

How about them Blues! WINnington!

How about CBJ shocking them bolts on the road! Wow!

Need to get the Bruins back on track to spank Toronto today. Can’t have them winning games. I think Boston sweeps them the next for games. Pajama Boy shot his playoff load in game 1. Laffs are done!
CU88

Post by CU88 »

DD-Tech wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:12 am How about them Isles! Nobody on Pittsburgh touches a puck without taking a hit. Isles have been awesome in the first two games.

How about them Blues! WINnington!

How about CBJ shocking them bolts on the road! Wow!

Need to get the Bruins back on track to spank Toronto today. Can’t have them winning games. I think Boston sweeps them the next for games. Pajama Boy shot his playoff load in game 1. Laffs are done!
Trotz is doing a masterful job on line changes. His squad is believing in the system and themselves.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Duluth - National Champions!

https://umdbulldogs.com/splash.aspx?id=splash_221

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sp ... ampionship

For a second year in a row, the University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs are the kings of college hockey.

The Bulldogs – in the national championship game for the third year in a row – took down the University of Massachusetts 3-0 in Buffalo, New York. The title puts the Bulldogs in rare college hockey company, becoming just the third team since the 1970s to win consecutive championships.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^ Those trading card pics are awesome.

Reminds me of the old Met:

A few years ago on Robert Street here in Lake Wobegone we had a large billboard that featured a photo of a Minnesota Wild player and a pic of Gump Worsley. The photo had a caption that read something like 'today's players are taller and "better looking" '. Wish I could find an online pic for you as it was quite laughable.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

...does Crosby still play for Pittsburgh?

Isles 3-0!!!!
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Big Isles fan in THAT series...congrats (so far) DD...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:59 am Big Isles fan in THAT series...congrats (so far) DD...

Isles are hotter than ever. I don't think I have missed a game this year. They are hotter now than at any point in their season. Nice to peak at the right time.

In regards to Pittsburgh, their fans were pathetic yesterday. Walking out of the arena with over 5 min left in regulation. The silence from the stands as early as the first period was deafening. Pretty pathetic.

Pisttsburgh scares me. Hoping they don't wake up. Malkin, Letang, Crosby, Kessel, Guentzel... they look frustrated but pissed off. Game 4 will be nuts.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Tampa out and the door is wide open for anybody in the East. Defending champ Caps up in their series but were smoked in last game.

Vegas looked strong last night. The other West series are all shaping up to be 6 or 7 games.

Here's a scene from Pittsburgh this morning.

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I hope Ove didn't hurt his R hand.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 pm I hope Ove didn't hurt his R hand.
That kid will have a great story to tell his grandkids one day. What the heck was he thinking dropping with that beast???

I don’t agree with the guys calling the game saying that Ovi purposely slammed the kid’s head into the ice and that’s how the kid got hurt. That kid was out before he hit the ice. Ovi didn’t slam his head into the ice on purpose. I didn’t see it that way.

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

DD-Tech wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 pm I hope Ove didn't hurt his R hand.
That kid will have a great story to tell his grandkids one day. What the heck was he thinking dropping with that beast???

I don’t agree with the guys calling the game saying that Ovi purposely slammed the kid’s head into the ice and that’s how the kid got hurt. That kid was out before he hit the ice. Ovi didn’t slam his head into the ice on purpose. I didn’t see it that way.

100% agree with you DDT. Punch landed, legs fail, and Ovi can't stop the grazing punch that was already coming. I'd say that if the kid didn't collapse Ovi's next punch would've really done some damage. As it was, the kid toppled back and Ovi fell forward on top of him. Unfortunate that the kid got hurt but the announcer (sounded like Craig Button) is amped up irrationally and is incorrect (IMO).

Not sure I'd recommend any other Canes stepping up to 'pay back' Ovi, but one will probably try.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Canes Caps getting more heated.

Really bad hit on TJ Oshie and possible broken clavicle (but I'm no doctor (care to chime in Dr Tact? :D ). Oshie seems to me like a guy everybody would like to hang around with so this isn't good.

PIM assessed was for two minutes - boarding, which is a complete joke. This is a textbook 5 minute major (crosscheck or boarding), no ifs, and, or buts. C'mon NHL, get ur act together.

old salt

Post by old salt »

Caps are in trouble. They can't cope with the Cane's speed. Can't clear the neutral zone & maintain possession in their ozone. They can't even keep it in on the PP. No offensive possession time or continuity.They've been lost & outcoached in games 3 & 4.

injuries are hurting both teams. Oshie will be out for a while. Fogel wasn't suspended for his boarding of Oshie. He claimed he was trying to lift Oshie's stick. That looks reasonable. Oshie has a history of shoulder injuries. The Caps called up last season's playoff spark plug Devante Smith-Pelley. That might help as the Caps juggle their lines.

The Cane's lost their 3rd forward to injury. The Russian kid should be back soon. He's under concussion protocol, but skating in practice, looking normal & he's now got black eyes. He'll have a story all right, Ovi was his hero. First NHL fight between 2 Russians. The Canes coach was in the NHL's first fight with a Russian. Karmic irony.

@ now, the Cane's look like the tougher next potential opponent.
If Caps don't regroup at home, it'll be over in 6.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:08 pm Caps are in trouble. They can't cope with the Cane's speed. Can't clear the neutral zone & maintain possession in their ozone. They can't even keep it in on the PP. No offensive possession time or continuity. They've been lost & outcoached in games 3 & 4.

injuries are hurting both teams. Oshie will be out for a while. Fogel wasn't suspended for his boarding of Oshie. He claimed he was trying to lift Oshie's stick. That looks reasonable. Oshie has a history of shoulder injuries. The Caps called up last season's playoff spark plug Devante Smith-Pelley. That might help as the Caps juggle their lines.

The Cane's lost their 3rd forward to injury. The Russian kid should be back soon. He's under concussion protocol, but skating in practice, looking normal & he's now got black eyes. He'll have a story all right, Ovi was his hero. First NHL fight between 2 Russians. The Canes coach was in the NHL's first fight with a Russian. Karmic irony.

@ now, the Cane's look like the tougher next potential opponent.
If Caps don't regroup at home, it'll be over in 6.
Yeah all that but you forgot the Storm Squad!

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

The Blues move on to round two. What a come back from a horrible start to the season for these guys! Wow!
old salt

Post by old salt »

Wow ! ...didn't see that Caps performance coming. What a reversal. Nobody wants a piece of Ovi. I can't recall a player getting that much respect since Gordie Howe. The Cane's #13 better keep his head up.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

old salt wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:20 am Wow ! ...didn't see that Caps performance coming. What a reversal. Nobody wants a piece of Ovi. I can't recall a player getting that much respect since Gordie Howe. The Cane's #13 better keep his head up.
Ovi went absolutely beast mode in that game. Forget the one goal and two assists in his 18 minutes. His 11 hits put the the Canes on their heels all night. They wanted nothing to do with him.

Here is a highlight of the assist where Hamilton decided not to take the boards with #8. Bad decision but I guess when your life is flashing before your eyes you do these things!

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

DD-Tech wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:29 am
old salt wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:20 am Wow ! ...didn't see that Caps performance coming. What a reversal. Nobody wants a piece of Ovi. I can't recall a player getting that much respect since Gordie Howe. The Cane's #13 better keep his head up.
Ovi went absolutely beast mode in that game. Forget the one goal and two assists in his 18 minutes. His 11 hits put the the Canes on their heels all night. They wanted nothing to do with him.

Here is a highlight of the assist where Hamilton decided not to take the boards with #8. Bad decision but I guess when your life is flashing before your eyes you do these things!

That was as gutless as the Minnesota bench back in the day! Brooksie will tell ya!

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”