For hockey fans...

General Chatter
DD-Tech

Re: For hockey fans...

Post by DD-Tech »

The attempt to curtail foul language is heck nonsense.

My 20 something year old sons and I play NHL on PlayStation and we chirp the crap out of each other from the first drop of the puck. How can you play hockey and not chirp?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

DD-Tech wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:54 pm

My 20 something year old sons and I play NHL on PlayStation and we chirp the crap out of each other from the first drop of the puck. How can you play hockey and not chirp?
Rule Idea #10 is F'in stupid! F that! GD sissies ruining the game!
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Very big game for the Jackets tonight as Sidney C comes to town. Back end of a home and home series usually brings fireworks. Will Columbus be feeling blue afterwards? :lol:

And Gritty invades Long Island in hopes of creeping closer to playoff nirvana... It's officially scoreboard watching time in the NHL.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

We’ll see how gritty the flyboys really are. They spanked us last time pretty good. I got a feeling the the isles have a good showing at the barn tonight!

CBJ having a tough few weeks. They may be in trouble tonight vs Sid & Co.

They went all in but doesn’t seem like it was enough for them.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

...and it’s Bill Torrey night on Long Island. Pregame Torrey tribute with his 4 sons doing the puck drop... the architect... the place is going to be rocking!
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

5-1 philly in the 2nd

yikes!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

God, I hope the Bruins aren't peaking too early! Pasta goes down and they've been scorching hot! Points in their last 19 straight! Get Pens trow.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Edina > Eden Prairie 3-2 in OT to win Lake Wobegone puck Championship!

https://twitter.com/search?q=edina+over ... r%5Esearch

GREAT game. This is the 75th anniversary of the tournament and the TV folks presented legendary John Mayasich (greatest American amateur player of all time) who is now 86 years young. It is amazing how the series has evolved with the players for the most part being much bigger, faster, and more skilled than earlier generations. Overall, a great season for youth hockey here in Lake Wobegone. So glad to have been a part of it as fan and supporter.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

2019 Minnesota State High School All Hockey Hair team:

Lots of serious flow there!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

DD-Tech wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:40 pm 5-1 philly in the 2nd

yikes!
As nice as this Flyers run is, its sad they played so poorly earlier in the season and basically have no chance, statistically, go get to the playoffs. Fans here are feeling pretty positive about them going forward, especially after they seem to have FINALLY found their goalie of the future...but THIS season, well, they're nothing more than a bit of a spoiler team now...

Last edited by dislaxxic on Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

I agree Dis. I think it would be a miracle for them to make it in. Shame they had such a horrible stretch. Guess you just have to enjoy the run and hope for the best.

I am pretty disappointed in the Isles right now. Hope they can find some mojo again. Monday night vs CBJ will tell a lot about these two teams.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Wow just looking through the box scores this morning. Tough 7-6 loss for the Flyers last night vs Toronto.

* JVR with the hat trick for the flyboys.

* Taveras coming up with another nothing of a night for the Laffs with 0 points and -1 +/-

* Elliot with 44 saves. Dang Toronto still scores 7. They must have thrown everything they had at him!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Nigel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:48 pm
DD-Tech wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:54 pm

My 20 something year old sons and I play NHL on PlayStation and we chirp the dump out of each other from the first drop of the puck. How can you play hockey and not chirp?
Rule Idea #10 is F'in stupid! F that! GD sissies ruining the game!

... "No, no, no, it's self defence, for Christ's sake!!!! How much do you expect a man to take, anyway?! What are you running here, a godd@mn dance floor?!" ~ Coach Reggie Dunlop

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Brooklyn - you had me at "Slapshot".
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Better headlines this morning with the OT win vs the Penguanos...Carter Hart just stellar in the OT.

Won't make playoffs, but future looking bright...got tickets for Les Habitants tomorrow night...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:37 am Better headlines this morning with the OT win vs the Penguanos...Carter Hart just stellar in the OT.

Won't make playoffs, but future looking bright...got tickets for Les Habitants tomorrow night...

Nice! Enjoy that one Dis!

I'll be at the Isles vs Bruins game tomorrow night on Long Island! Should be a good one. Going with a bunch of old high school friends who I played hockey with and spent 4 years together watching the Isles win their cups in the 80's! Isles D will need to be at their best. They will need to hold them to goal or less for a shot at a win. I don't think we can score 3! yikes!

I think Pasta gets back in the lineup tomorrow night. Bruins are a handful even without him in the lineup. By far he is one of my favorite players.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

How could they not have Bossy or Potvin? No Islander representation for you DDT!

https://www.majorleaguesocks.com/collec ... ll-of-Fame
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Nigel wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:12 pm How could they not have Bossy or Potvin? No Islander representation for you DDT!

https://www.majorleaguesocks.com/collec ... ll-of-Fame
crazy!

Lanny McDonald sold out though! Love that! :lol:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Heck of a fight here,

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Maybe something for the spring wardrobe dis?

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”