What beer are we drinking today

General Chatter
Brooklyn

Re: What beer are we drinking today

Post by Brooklyn »

beer diet for weight loss & charity:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/ ... uxbndlbing

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

If you're looking for a good, hoppy IPA:

Here is my current favorite MD local IPA. May be hard to find outside the region.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/54032/372868/

Another tasty, probably more widely available one:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/500285/

Cheers! :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:19 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:26 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:47 pm Image

Delicious beer.... almost perfect in its style.
Don’t recall ever seeing this label or perhaps I was never looking for it, but it’s right up my beer alley. I’ll have to go look for it. Interesting history too. The brewery, Badische Staatsbrauerei Rothaus, indicates that it is a state run brewery of Baden-Württemberg. Tannenzäpfle Means “little fir cones” for the trees in its Black Forest zone.
Let me know if you are able to find it. It’s my second favorite beer!
Was able to find it at a local beer superstore. It had just come in and took home a sixpack. Top notch pils. Well balanced, fresh, crisp and delicious. Everything one wants in a beer.

Jever is still my favorite but it’s become increasingly hard to find. Jever was best when I could walk to the German restaurant Ludwig’s on Sansom St in Center City where it was on tap.

Thanks for the tip. Rothaus will be in my rotation.
Drinking this tonight! Never had it before..

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:11 pm

Don’t recall ever seeing this label or perhaps I was never looking for it, but it’s right up my beer alley. I’ll have to go look for it. Interesting history too. The brewery, Badische Staatsbrauerei Rothaus, indicates that it is a state run brewery of Baden-Württemberg. Tannenzäpfle Means “little fir cones” for the trees in its Black Forest zone.
Was able to find it at a local beer superstore. It had just come in and took home a sixpack. Top notch pils. Well balanced, fresh, crisp and delicious. Everything one wants in a beer.

Jever is still my favorite but it’s become increasingly hard to find. Jever was best when I could walk to the German restaurant Ludwig’s on Sansom St in Center City where it was on tap.

Have not seen that one. Hmm. Up your way is the Schilling Brewing Co in Littleton, NH. Solis and ever changing lineup of beers. Currently have the Alexandr ‘10 Czech-Style Pilsner. Good solid beers. Have you had any?
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

Red Prince, delightful Marzen Lager. Fort Hill Brewery, Easthampton. Mass. Fall is a great time of year for darker beers with strong malt profiles.
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:11 pm

Have not seen that one. Hmm. Up your way is the Schilling Brewing Co in Littleton, NH. Solis and ever changing lineup of beers. Currently have the Alexandr ‘10 Czech-Style Pilsner. Good solid beers. Have you had any?
No. I have not. Will look. There is a spot in NYS I want to hit. Suarez Family. Pilsner is supposedly top notch. Had the Rothaus. It’s excellent. A little light for a Marzen but delicious. Buying more on Tuesday
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:27 pm Saw this on 60 Minutes, gotta be one of the coolest places on Earth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyAA_ssSu2I

Islay's distilleries
Islay is one of five whisky distilling localities and regions in Scotland whose identity is protected by law.[128] There are eight active distilleries and the industry is the island's second largest employer after agriculture.[129][130] Those on the south of the island produce malts with a very strong peaty flavour, considered to be the most intensely flavoured of all whiskies. From east to west they are Ardbeg, Lagavulin, and Laphroaig. On the north of the island Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Caol Ila and Bunnahabhain are produced, which are substantially lighter in taste.[131][132] Kilchoman is a microdistillery opened in 2005 toward the west coast of the Rinns.[133]

Lagavulin distillery
The oldest record of a legal distillery on the island refers to Bowmore in 1779 and at one time there were up to 23 distilleries in operation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islay

Those boys are all about it, take their whisky pretty seriously.
Should go hang with those lads for a week or so, a fan. Write the whole thing off as a business expense.
Enjoying some Ardbeg while watching the ballgame. I typically go with Laphroaig but purchased this to compare the two. About a third of the way through bottle and like the Laphroaig a bit better....but no complaints from me.

If you get a chance, watch some of the YouTube videos from Laphroaig when people try it for the first time.....hilarious.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Two tasters, one gives it a zero on a scale of 1 to 10, the other a 1.
"I don't think I could possibly hate a whisky more than this."
Sounds yummy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6l_iI-BpqM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:29 pm Two tasters, one gives it a zero on a scale of 1 to 10, the other a 1.
"I don't think I could possibly hate a whisky more than this."
Sounds yummy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6l_iI-BpqM
Those two dweebs are idiots. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Leinies!

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox9.co ... ?ve=1&tl=1

https://www.fox9.com/news/semi-truck-ha ... -wisconsin

Officials are clearing the scene after a semi truck hauling Leinenkugel's beer crashed Wednesday morning near Hixton, Wisconsin.

According to the Wisconsin State Patrol, at about 9:15 a.m., authorities responded to a rollover crash involving a semitruck on I-94 in Jackson County.

The right lane was closed for a period of time as officials cleared the scene.

The crash is under investigation.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NoLeft

Post by NoLeft »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:41 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:27 pm Saw this on 60 Minutes, gotta be one of the coolest places on Earth.

Islay's distilleries
Islay is one of five whisky distilling localities and regions in Scotland whose identity is protected by law.[128] There are eight active distilleries and the industry is the island's second largest employer after agriculture.[129][130] Those on the south of the island produce malts with a very strong peaty flavour, considered to be the most intensely flavoured of all whiskies. From east to west they are Ardbeg, Lagavulin, and Laphroaig. On the north of the island Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Caol Ila and Bunnahabhain are produced, which are substantially lighter in taste.[131][132] Kilchoman is a microdistillery opened in 2005 toward the west coast of the Rinns.[133]

Lagavulin distillery
The oldest record of a legal distillery on the island refers to Bowmore in 1779 and at one time there were up to 23 distilleries in operation.

Should go hang with those lads for a week or so, a fan. Write the whole thing off as a business expense.
Enjoying some Ardbeg while watching the ballgame. I typically go with Laphroaig but purchased this to compare the two. About a third of the way through bottle and like the Laphroaig a bit better....but no complaints from me.

If you get a chance, watch some of the YouTube videos from Laphroaig when people try it for the first time.....hilarious.
Bunnahabhain has been my favorite Scotch goin' on 40 or so years now. Even went to Islay many years ago to tour the distillery. It's regular expression is unpeated, but they have come out with a peated one, if that's your taste. It's the Toiteach A Dha for one....and there's a bunch of limited releases...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NoLeft wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:22 pm

Islay's distilleries

Lagavulin distillery

Bunnahabhain has been my favorite Scotch goin' on 40 or so years now. Even went to Islay many years ago to tour the distillery. It's regular expression is unpeated, but they have come out with a peated one, if that's your taste. It's the Toiteach A Dha for one....and there's a bunch of limited releases...
Thanks. I rarely see that brand, unless I am at a total wine, which is not really that close in my travels. Just started dabbling with scotch and irish whisky the past 5 years....primarily a bourbon guy, but nice to mix it up.

seacoaster recommended Oban as one he enjoys, and I am really enjoying the Balvenie DoubleWood.
~Livy
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:14 pm Leinies!

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox9.co ... ?ve=1&tl=1

https://www.fox9.com/news/semi-truck-ha ... -wisconsin

Officials are clearing the scene after a semi truck hauling Leinenkugel's beer crashed Wednesday morning near Hixton, Wisconsin.

According to the Wisconsin State Patrol, at about 9:15 a.m., authorities responded to a rollover crash involving a semitruck on I-94 in Jackson County.

The right lane was closed for a period of time as officials cleared the scene.

The crash is under investigation.
Shame there were not dozens of volunteers offering to clean up.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Islay's distilleries

Lagavulin distillery

Did a backpacking trip for a month during a year off from Hobart (what would've been my orig soph year). Was a mailman for a while and decided I needed to get the heck out of Binghamton for a little bit but knew I was going back to Geneva in August so bought a ticket to London, train to Aviamore then went through the mountains of Braemar, Edinburgh, Isle of Skye and Glasgow (cool dirty city) and back. Decent trip for folks that want to see stuff but don't want London/Paris or some wild LDC Sub Saharan Africa/Asia/Much of south & latin america type of environment. Lot of drinking there. My favorite was this Royal Lochnegar made by the Queen's castle, they produce Dalwhinnie there which is exported here. Otherwise give me something "peety" (sp?) that's smoky as all get out.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

What a coincidence. I had the double-chocolate stout last night.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:13 am

Islay's distilleries

Lagavulin distillery

Did a backpacking trip for a month during a year off from Hobart (what would've been my orig soph year). Was a mailman for a while and decided I needed to get the heck out of Binghamton for a little bit but knew I was going back to Geneva in August so bought a ticket to London, train to Aviamore then went through the mountains of Braemar, Edinburgh, Isle of Skye and Glasgow (cool dirty city) and back. Decent trip for folks that want to see stuff but don't want London/Paris or some wild LDC Sub Saharan Africa/Asia/Much of south & latin america type of environment. Lot of drinking there. My favorite was this Royal Lochnegar made by the Queen's castle, they produce Dalwhinnie there which is exported here. Otherwise give me something "peety" (sp?) that's smoky as all get out.
I certainly missed out that type of opportunity...sounds like a great experience. You'd love the Laphroaig 10
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:08 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:13 am

Islay's distilleries

Lagavulin distillery

I certainly missed out that type of opportunity...sounds like a great experience. You'd love the Laphroaig 10
Oh I've had it - had most scotches at this point. Occasionally you can find Lochnegar in a store here or there or duty free. Should put it on a list to try sometime. Next to a place called Balmoral Castle where it's produced. (looked it up didn't realize it's now owned by Diageo, bummer)

https://www.htfw.com/scotch-malt-whisky ... -lochnagar

The trip was the start of my love of seeing the rest of the world which started with Europe (incl ex USSR block countries which were awesome late 90s early 2000s before modern Europe sanitized the 'ish out of those countries then branched out to parts of Latin/S America and India/Asia though still need SE Asia, more of S America and definitely need to be in Africa at some point and not just Casablanca but waiting a little longer until I wouldn't be pissed as heck at kids for wasting the cost on the two extra bodies, maybe 1-3 more years, my daughter makes Marie Antionette look like the character from North Country at times).
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Had a few of these last evening...only pilsner on on their menu.

~Livy

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”