World Soccer

General Chatter
Matnum PI

Re: World Soccer

Post by Matnum PI »

Champions League Tomorrow.

Also, Russia out of the 2022 World Cup and, I assume Euro '20. Drug violations.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Anybody watching SEA games, soccer championship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQLtpn7UsGY

It's on LIVE.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Southeast Asia games. Missed it but thanks for the heads-up.
Caddy Day
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:20 am Southeast Asia games. Missed it but thanks for the heads-up.

YW.

But I cannot understand why YT has already removed the video. I was hoping you'd be able to watch the replay but it's not available. Perhaps another channel has it as it was a very intense game.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Champions League today.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Liverpool's starting line-up is ridiculous. Really good.
Caddy Day
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Whatever happens to Liverpool in the Champions League (maybe the Europa League), I very much expect them to win the Premier League this year; if they slip up, Leicester will be there to make it close, but I really think this is Liverpool's year to win the League. Having won the domestic triple last year, and limping badly in the League this season, I think Manchester City will put their focus on the Champions League; however, that is a very difficult prize to win (um, unless you happen to be Real Madrid or Barcelona).
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Liverpool v. Leicester on 12/26.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Today's Champions League Games

12:55 D. Zagreb Manchester City
12:55 Shakhtar Donetsk Atalanta
3:00 Atl. Madrid Lokomotiv Moscow
3:00 Bayer Leverkusen Juventus
3:00 Bayern Munich Tottenham
3:00 Club Brugge KV Real Madrid
3:00 Olympiacos Piraeus FK Crvena zvezda
3:00 Paris SG Galatasaray
Caddy Day
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MOVING A POST FROM TYPICAL LAX DAD:
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:26 pm May be a nice guy but... I do not believe he did a good job with US Soccer. (I'm controlling my tongue.) I'd normally let something like this go but I'm very bothered by what's happened to US Soccer since 1994. Obviously lots of good things but, overall, bothered.

D1 Semis tomorrow at 6 and 8:30. UVA vs, Wake Forest and G'town vs. Stanford. Two good games. Finals on Sunday at 6 PM. And... We've hijacked this thread. I apologize. I'll move this soccer stuff going forward to the soccer thread. Again, I apologize. And, in the name of moving back to the subject at hand...

Is a big piece of the craziness surrounding College Recruiting just the kind of stuff that goes hand in hand with Keeping up with the Jones-es? i.e. If a kid/family wants to let their chips fall where they fall with relation to whether their kid goes to School A or School B, would much of this stress and otherwise be alleviated? i.e. Is much of the consternation self-inflicted?
He did an awful job. The board of US Soccer was NYC socialites. Doctors and Lawyers. Upper East / West Side types.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

In theory, Ernie Stewart was going to right this wrong. Make the US Soccer initiatives more soccer-centered and less $- and capitalist-centered and... I'm still waiting...
Caddy Day
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:22 pm Champions League Tomorrow.
All four English teams qualified for the knock-out stage (again). Perhaps the biggest surprise was last season's semi-finalist Ajax being eliminated; it seems Ajax is destined to sell its good young players.
Premier League this weekend: on paper, Arsenal v Man City looks like the most interesting contest; of course, games are played on a grass pitch, not on paper. I'll be watching Wolves v Spurs.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

FannOLax wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:04 amit seems Ajax is destined to sell its good young players.
that's their business model. their a soccer player nursery.

The best pro games this weekend are in Spain. Barcelona v. Real Sceidad being the best of the bunch. As you said, the best of the EPL is Wolves v. Tottenham. Arsenal-Man City. Also Man U-Everton. Chelsea-Bournemouth. All good games.

What's peaking my interest is the Men's D1 Semis and Final tonight and Sunday. And the Club World Cup Second Round. The winners will play Liverpool and Flamengo on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NCAA college soccer final on tonight. Georgetown vs Virginia. 6:00 ESPNU.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:55 am ...As you said, the best of the EPL is Wolves v. Tottenham. Arsenal-Man City. Also Man U-Everton. Chelsea-Bournemouth. All good games.
Tottenham Hotspur got a gritty smash-and-grab win; very Mourninho. Bournemouth winning at Chelsea, Everton drawing at Old Trafford and especially Leicester failing to win at home against relegation-zone Norwich all prove that games are played on the pitch, not on paper. Arse-Man City was over inside of 20 minutes. It looks like nobody can catch Liverpool this season.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DeBruynne's performance as pretty impressive.
Caddy Day
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:32 pm NCAA college soccer final on tonight. Georgetown vs Virginia. 6:00 ESPNU.
Entertaining 1st half. I like the classical simplicity of UVa's uniforms, but had to turn off the volume (don't think I've heard a non-British English speaker who knows how to do footy/soccer announcing well; probably a personal bias).
Typical Lax Dad

FannOLax wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:32 pm NCAA college soccer final on tonight. Georgetown vs Virginia. 6:00 ESPNU.
Entertaining 1st half. I like the classical simplicity of UVa's uniforms, but had to turn off the volume (don't think I've heard a non-British English speaker who knows how to do footy/soccer announcing well; probably a personal bias).
Yes. Good game. Glad Stanford is out as they play like an Italian team. Is that a lax guy doing the game? My son had two teammates that played at UVA and GTown last year. Missed the championship game by one year. I have been following both of those programs for 5 years now.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Champions League knock-out

Last-16 draw
Atalanta v Valencia
Atlético Madrid v Liverpool
Borussia Dortmund v Paris Saint-Germain
Chelsea v Bayern Munich
Lyon v Juventus
Napoli v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Manchester City
Tottenham v RB Leipzig

Massive test for Man City; potentially tricky match-up for Liverpool, although I think they'll make it through; looks like maybe Tottenham had some good fortune. All teams are very good, dangerous, take nothing for granted.
Typical Lax Dad

FannOLax wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:09 am Champions League knock-out

Last-16 draw
Atalanta v Valencia
Atlético Madrid v Liverpool
Borussia Dortmund v Paris Saint-Germain
Chelsea v Bayern Munich
Lyon v Juventus
Napoli v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Manchester City
Tottenham v RB Leipzig

Massive test for Man City; potentially tricky match-up for Liverpool, although I think they'll make it through; looks like maybe Tottenham had some good fortune. All teams are very good, dangerous, take nothing for granted.
I am rooting for Lyon....I was at their stadium back in October to see the match against Dijon. It is all gravy for them.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”