Help Us Build FanLax

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
dislaxxic

Re: Help Us Build FanLax

Post by dislaxxic »

You read my mind ( a dangerous place to hang) but i figured it'd be a busy few days now that Active has finally crapped the bed without their Depends on...and didn't want to pile on with all sorts of requests...

Thanks!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

the previous Moderator called this one a long time ago.
Tis a shame to lose all the old posts and most importantly all those lax records and scores.

But to lighten the mood: "LaxPower is not a place, it's a people..."

I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Anybody know how to create (re-create?) emoji's??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Knowing you have a ton on your plate, Matt...would you consider adding a "Lacrosse Rules and Equipment" Thread somewhere......maybe it's already planned...we officials would like a place to knosh over that stuff...

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CoffeeCoach

Post by CoffeeCoach »

NAIA lacrosse is growing. It would be great to have NAIA as a tab for fans to post. That was one thing LaxPower wouldnt do. Give the NAIA its own page.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Trying to recruit for Fanlax.com. Setting up a profile is impossible. Makes it difficult to add folks,
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Definitely a JUCO forum!!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

"Setting up a profile is impossible"... How is that? What part is difficult?

{Ignore this. I saw your other post.]
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

dunno if this has been discussed but please give us a calendar of events or schedule of games during the college/scholastic season

thanx in advance ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

In order to capture the LaxPower faithful, I have added a post from a user with his thoughts...

From A10WlaxFan " Hopefully there is a way for someone with SEO experience to optimize this site so Google directs anyone searching
the words "Laxpower", "Lacrosse Forums", "Women's Lacrosse", etc to FanLax. Alternatively, is there any way that Laxpower can make a reference
or automatically provide a link to FanLax?"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Two good ideas. the first is very do-able and I'll take care of it this weekend. as for the latter, that's a tall order. there's no way Active will direct their url to us and I'm 99% sure that's the only way to do it. But I very much like the SEO idea. Thanks, Spider.
Lax 4 All

Post by Lax 4 All »

I'm really grateful to have a community of lax fans to interact with. Thank you to those who started and are running FanLax.com!

In addition to the discussion forums, my favorite elements of LaxPower, that I would love to see replicated here if possible, are:

1) college lacrosse daily schedule with scores
2) recruit database
3) rankings with history

For parents of student athletes in the recruiting years, these are invaluable resources.

There is no "Ty Xanders" for girls/women's lacrosse and Inside Lacrosse does not provide enough content for girls/women's lacrosse to make it meaningful or useful.

Without LaxPower, we're in somewhat of an information blackout.

Kudos to FanLax for filling the void!
- Lax 4 All
Old School Girls Lax:
"Don't respect us because we played hard,
Revere us because we did it in kilts."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lax 4 all, thank you for the feedback. It helps.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote:In order to capture the LaxPower faithful, I have added a post from a user with his thoughts...
From A10WlaxFan " Hopefully there is a way for someone with SEO experience to optimize this site so Google directs anyone searching
the words "Laxpower", "Lacrosse Forums", "Women's Lacrosse", etc to FanLax.
Nice, ADMIN !
May seem like a minor thing, but a real key to the continued development of this site.
I like the added benefit that Laxpower shows up in one’s web browser tab.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

ADMIN,

Are you looking at any lax web sites to partner with, whatever form that actually takes.

https://www.laxrecords.com/

... has done a good job tabulating High School lacrosse stats.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

10stone:
SEO - The good news is that SEO is on our radar. The bad news is that LaxPower was around for a longtime with tons of content, innumerable inbound links and, as a consequence is loved by Google. i.e. Winning the word "LaxPower" on search engines will not be simple. But most certainly doesn't stop us from trying.
Partnering - Agreed. And as you're saying, in whatever form this partnering comes in. Could be as simple as a link or could be substantially more formal.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

my favorite parts about LP were the forums, job listings and recruits sections. it was always nice seeing the state rankings and team schedules - i'm sure there's tons of HS/College coaches on the forums that could help out with schedules. I, for one, could help out.
Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

Is there any way to improve finding this site via search engines?

I searched "DII lacrosse forum" and this site did not show up. If you type "D2 lacrosse forum" this site is on the first page.

I got referred here by someone from the laxpower forum.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”