FanLax Feedback

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
admin
Site Admin

Re: FanLax Feedback

Post by admin »

"Fine." That's what I was looking for...
Truth be told, I can change the theme, color, etc. relatively easily. It was just making this initial move to this new company that was important. Maybe the next one will be small and white. Or I can wait until the end of the season and make it the colors of whoever wins it all. :o
Numbers are good. Everyday, more people creating accounts. Though, the biggest growth is in viewers. Lots of people come but don't talk.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Just a heads up. The links to your site from the facebook page took me to a redirect page as of a few days ago, and so did older links to other fanlax pages in the forum. I dunno if this can be fixed, and even an old dinosaur like me can navigate through, but there may be an easy fix to clean up the links?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I checked the Facebook Page and Group. Both have the right url. Are you talking about links within some (relatively) old posts?
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

This may just be me, and it is REAL minor feedback. Is there any way to make the forum's home landing page a tad more concise?

Is there any way to make the old archive forums (2017, 2016 etc.) "collapsible" under the current year so you don't have to scroll through the archives to get to where you'd like to go?

Again, this is super minor. Appreciate all the effort and hard work!

:D
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just so I'm understanding you, for the Forum Homepage, you want something more like Forum.com and less like http://fanlax.com/forum/?

Let's use D1 Men as an example. Currently it's 2019, 2018, 2016, and All-Time. Is what you're saying that you want all the content of these forums to be within the 2019 folder (which would be renamed)?
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Not necessarily? (I'm not sure what forum.com is!)

Again, this is super minor and just one person;s opinion. Ithink there's a way to make the scroll a little easier. When you start with the year and unique Forum name, it makes the eye read it all to the end to find the topic you're looking for. IMO, if you put a quick/short ID topic name first and consolidate the archives it's a quicker, easier navigation for the user.

i.e.:

Fantasy Lacrosse 2019
Fantasy Lacrosse Archives etc.

Men's D1 2019
Men's D1 Archives (2018, 2017, laxpower wayback etc.)

Men's D2 2019
Men's D2 Archives

Men's D3 2019
Men's D3 Archive

Men's Other (Juco MCLA eyc.) 2019
Men's Other Archive

Womens D1 2019
Womens D1 Archive

Womens D2 2019
Womens D2 Archive

Womens D3 2019
Womens D3 Archive

Women's Other (Juco MCLA eyc.) 2019
Women's Other Archive

Boy's High School 2019
Boy's High School Archive

Girls High School 2019
Girls High School Archive

News
Politics
Music
TV

Etc Etc.

It's just a thought. Enjoying the new place! Hope everyone is well!
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

I can’t find fricking scores.

Hi TS. Let’s have a beer.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

most of this may be because i don't know my around here just yet:
-- where do you go to get scores for the day, on one page?
-- what is the prognosis for having high school schedules up on fanlax?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Scores for D1 Men is up. By Team and Chronologically. You can acess this stuff from several points but going to the D1 Men's Page makes the most sense. This week we plan to work on simplifying the navigation. D2, D3 Men, MCLA, D1, D2 Women and WCLA being posted as we speak.

HS for boys and girls is 100% on the docket. Just taking care of other stuff first. But 100% do-able and we'll be doing it. For the Boys, with LA, TX, and AL being the only states playing right now, we weel less urgency. As for D3 women, we feel the urgency. but, bottomline, all this should be nailed down by this time next week.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ThatSmell, Wombat, and WGDSR: 1) I think I see the problem with our navigation. Changes to be made! And, ThatSmell, if I get any complaints, we're blaming you. :)
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

admin wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:08 am ThatSmell, Wombat, and WGDSR: 1) I think I see the problem with our navigation. Changes to be made! And, ThatSmell, if I get any complaints, we're blaming you. :)
A few more suggestions as you go through the growing phase:

Your chronological scores have confusing double entries.

Like the 1 FEB game:

Shows Vermont @ Utah
AND Utah @ Vermont

???

Same with Duke-Furman and throughout the list.

And what are Game Scores like 860 and 310? Is that something from the fantasy lacrosse calculations?

For the 98% or more of us not playing fantasy (well, anyway, not fantasy lacrosse...), a simpler date, away score @ home score would be great.

Lax.com sucked as always for updates yesterday.

And please, please keep me from having to visit IL!!! I hit their site yesterday looking for scores and held my nose as I bookmarked it. 20 years of publishing and they still suck.

W
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

It's not Fantasy. It's FanLax's Rating/Ranking System. Obviously we need to do a better job of communicating this.

Working on a Today in Lacrosse/Game Score pages. Which will be simpler.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Admin,
Go ahead and blame me. My wife does all the time. But a warning- it won't get you anywhere!
:D

I'm not sure how the score reporting is happening- automatically pulling from another site or being entered manually, but if you need a hand, let me know. Glad to help when/where I can.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Not if you start moderating!!!

All vestigial organs from LP must remain powerless.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

thatsmell wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:49 amIthink there's a way to make the scroll a little easier.
Better?
wlu_lax6

Post by wlu_lax6 »

The link off of the main page (www.fanlax.com) to the D3 forum does not go to the right place.The link is viewforum.php?f=122 and goes to forum does not exist.
Guessing it should go here (viewforum.php?f=128)
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

admin wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:17 pm
thatsmell wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:49 amIthink there's a way to make the scroll a little easier.
Better?
I do like it better, thank you!
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:45 pm Not if you start moderating!!!
All vestigial organs from LP must remain powerless.
No thank you. I'm enjoying not giving a turd.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 amThe link off of the main page (www.fanlax.com) to the D3 forum does not go to the right place.
wlu, thank you. Fixed the obvious ones and will do a site search-and-replace in a little bit. Again, thank you.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

we need RPI/SOS/Tournament indictor. those were the most successful parts of LP and essential.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”