FanLax Feedback

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
44WeWantMore

Re: FanLax Feedback

Post by 44WeWantMore »

dislaxxic wrote:Howz that Spel Chec utillity coming alongh, Addmin??

Howe dew eye no OCanada rights hear?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

i understand the moving of certain threads to hamsterdam, but im finding it increasingly difficult to navigate the site with all the forums and subforums. it seemed easier when everything non-lacrosse was just in the WC. just wanted to share that feedback.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

I tend to agree, Chairman, but without moderators, which itself is a complicated and difficult role to fill in ANY online environment, particularly one that attracts certain, shall we say, "colorful" posters that have no real sense of honor or decorum...what's a site admin to do? Expel the cause of the denigration, and he/she is likely to just sign up again under some other new name. It gets exhausting to monitor, as many of our former LP mods can readily attest, i'm sure.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

There's something annoying going on...well...annoying ME, that is.

Type the word argue and look what happens: argue

That's the word a.r.g.u.e.

WHY?? This isn't the only example. Is this some sort of setting, Admin?? Auto-Emoji???

Don't like it.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The argue issue is not on purpose. I'll take care of it.

and... argue. better. :)
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

dislaxxic wrote:I tend to agree, Chairman, but without moderators, which itself is a complicated and difficult role to fill in ANY online environment, particularly one that attracts certain, shall we say, "colorful" posters that have no real sense of honor or decorum...what's a site admin to do? Expel the cause of the denigration, and he/she is likely to just sign up again under some other new name. It gets exhausting to monitor, as many of our former LP mods can readily attest, i'm sure.

yeaH i know. sigh. i sympathize. just trying to offer helpful feedback!

i already see some changes. thanks- cob
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

DMac

Post by DMac »

Very nice of you to give that dog a bone, 44.
2Pontificate

Post by 2Pontificate »

If we are discussing wants and desires - keep it clean now, 2P - I really would love to see a Sarcasm Font....or at least a Sarcasm Font emoji.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

sarcasm eye roll :roll:
Looked this up and... Do you want an upside down smiley face? To me, that doesn't seem like sarcasm. I prefer the eye roll. But you tell me.
2Pontificate

Post by 2Pontificate »

admin wrote:sarcasm eye roll :roll:
Looked this up and... Do you want an upside down smiley face? To me, that doesn't seem like sarcasm. I prefer the eye roll. But you tell me.
The eye roll can work if we all agree!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

:roll:
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Functionality where I can go to the PA High School Lacrosse Page and click on Haverford's 2016 schedule and say, "Wow, Culver beat them twice. I wonder if they went undefeated" so I click on Culver and then I click on Culver in 2015 and then etc., this is not simple to create.

1- This information is not readily available.
2- There's between 3 and 4 thousand HS teams. And that's just the HS boys. We also want to do this for the girls and D3 and...
3- And even after you collect all this information, which is not simple, we need to create the links from Haverford to Culver to Culver in 2015 to McDonogh to...

So, I've been digging and digging and then scratching my head and then digging and digging etc. and... We're making progress. Creating this took me hours, not days. This is only 2016, it doesn't have the game scores (just Ws and Ls... first person to complain about this gets a punch in the throat), and... Take a look. Here's Haverford in 2016.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

I seem to have to log in every time I visit the site, despite checking the remember me box. Anybody else reporting this? Just a paper-cut, but wondering...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Me, too. I assumed it was my PCs or router or something so I'm happy you said something. I'll look into this.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The cookie settings were wrong. Should be fixed now. 44, thank you for the head's up. no need for paper cuts.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Fixed for me, thanks.
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

Ummmm what is going on with the main page? Something is amiss.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Implementing a new website theme/layout. Clear out your cache each time you come to it and you can watch the progress. It'll be operable (though it'll look very different) soon.
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

Ok...Now it is looking navigable again.

Not a big "black theme" guy but it looks fine.

How are the stats looking over the last month?

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”