FanLax Feedback

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
admin
Site Admin

Re: FanLax Feedback

Post by admin »

We'll look for that functionality. With the forum, if a programmer hasn't already built it, we can't do it.

I see functionality where it'll show the last post of the previous page on the current page but I don't think I see anything like you're describing. But I can look more.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:59 pm We'll look for that functionality. With the forum, if a programmer hasn't already built it, we can't do it.

I see functionality where it'll show the last post of the previous page on the current page but I don't think I see anything like you're describing. But I can look more.
I understand. Thanks for looking into it.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Time for 2020?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

After HS ends. Soon. if you want to start a 2020 thread(s), feel free and we'll move it later.
njlax1234

Post by njlax1234 »

No PLL Forum?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Something weird is happening in the Men's 2020 DII area - you cannot respond to any of the topics... (or at least I cannot)

Also the DII 2020 area as well - may have something to do with the move of stuff over...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Try now. Thank you.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Working now...Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Still have some bits and pieces to iron out but, soon, I want to get some Year One Feedback. Undeniably, a lot fo good things happened in Year One. Most importantly, 1,700+ members and 61,000+ posts. Not because numbers are the be-all, end-all. But because the forum is the heart of our website and a forum bereft may as well just be a website. Anyway... Year One Feedback soon.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:48 pm Still have some bits and pieces to iron out but, soon, I want to get some Year One Feedback. Undeniably, a lot fo good things happened in Year One. Most importantly, 1,700+ members and 61,000+ posts. Not because numbers are the be-all, end-all. But because the forum is the heart of our website and a forum bereft may as well just be a website. Anyway... Year One Feedback soon.
I'll offer my feedback here if that's okay. I thought you guys did a great job. You gathered all the shell shocked masses back after the abrupt ceasing of LaxPower, and assembled a much better Back-Up Stick. The most noticable difference was no biased meddling moderators censoring controversial items in threads. You let us discuss the topics we are all passionate about with liberty and justice for all. Thank You!

Looking forward to the Women's Div 1 head-to-head database next season. That will be a very useful tool.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

First, thank you for the kind words. That seems to be a universal perspective. People like how the site is being moderated. for what it's worth, the admin/referee likes how the post-ers/players are posting. Few easier jobs.
wlaxnut wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:54 amthe Women's Div 1 head-to-head database next season
Can you explain this (again). And if you think of any other ideas, please share them. Even after others share their thoughts and this jostles an idea for you.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:54 am First, thank you for the kind words. That seems to be a universal perspective. People like how the site is being moderated. for what it's worth, the admin/referee likes how the post-ers/players are posting. Few easier jobs.
wlaxnut wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:54 amthe Women's Div 1 head-to-head database next season
Can you explain this (again). And if you think of any other ideas, please share them. Even after others share their thoughts and this jostles an idea for you.
Glad to. You'll find my original post here and your (or another admin's) response.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1139

Here is another example of a head-to-head database. This one for the NFL's New York Jets vs Buffalo Bills:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... buf&yr=all
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it. So, currently, we have Albany's schedule and scores for years '06-'19 (this is showing '06-'17). This is Albany seasons successively. What you're saying is... Being able to parse Albany by season but also... by opponent?

Also, currently, we have the teams' schedules designated with a W or L. We could change this to scores.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:21 am What you're saying is... Being able to parse Albany by season but also... by opponent?

Correct

Also, currently, we have the teams' schedules designated with a W or L. We could change this to scores.

Scores AND W/L would be great!
Nereo12

Post by Nereo12 »

If it s possible, it would be good that an international section of women s can be added.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nereo12 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:21 pm If it s possible, it would be good that an international section of women s can be added.
Done. viewforum.php?f=298
SPIDERLAXFAN

Subscriptions

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Is it possible to subscribe to particular threads within a particular forum? For example, could I subscribe to the A10 thread which is within the D1 Women's Lacrosse forum?
wlaxnut

Re: Subscriptions

Post by wlaxnut »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:18 am Is it possible to subscribe to particular threads within a particular forum? For example, could I subscribe to the A10 thread which is within the D1 Women's Lacrosse forum?
You can subscribe or unsubscribe to or from any topic. Click the down arrow beside the wrench icon.
0026239A-ABF6-4E21-86A5-C3D98C30DC7A.png
0026239A-ABF6-4E21-86A5-C3D98C30DC7A.png (110.44 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

What are bots and what do they do and why?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”