FanLax Feedback

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
admin
Site Admin

Re: FanLax Feedback

Post by admin »

There are several different iterations of RPI. Just mirror the NCAA's formula? Bottomline, very do-able.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If we're going to do a link, we may as well link directly to the NCAA's RPI. But unnecessary. Easy enough to create and, after creating it, we can play tweak it, etc. as forumites want it to be tweaked. Especially as we get closer to the Tourneys.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

You should adjust your clock to DST.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

jhu06 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:25 pm we need RPI/SOS/Tournament indictor. those were the most successful parts of LP and essential.
I really enjoyed that feature, as well. It was also great to be able to look at the standings from past years at a glance. I imagine there’s a lot of work that goes into that, and I imagine that resource would be greatly appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We have the past years for all: D1M, D2M, D3M, NJCAAM, MCLA, NAIAM, HS Boys... and the same for the women. Is it the accessibility part that's the issue?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am We have the past years for all: D1M, D2M, D3M, NJCAAM, MCLA, NAIAM, HS Boys... and the same for the women. Is it the accessibility part that's the issue?
It’s probably just me not taking the time to familiarize myself with all the features. Thanks for letting me know the site does have them.

You guys are doing a great job. So glad this forum exists.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Please change to Daylight Savings Time!
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Drcthru wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:32 pm Please change to Daylight Savings Time!
That is confusing. There’s a post listed at 1:04 PM in the Hopkins thread with halftime stats and observations. But the game started at 1 PM.

DST setting is the problem of course. Unless some one is playing Carnac.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

When I retire, I will just move to Greenwich, England and not observe BST.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DST adjusted. As an FYI, you need to change it within your User Profile as well. (i think).
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

You guys are doing a great job. I'm grateful to whoever had the idea to create a Back-Up Stick for LaxPower. I think the new and improved version is better than the old one because I feel there is more freedom with this new site. Thanks for doing all the upkeep and maintenance. This is a great place to exchange ideas as not many (who am I kidding--not any) people in my life like to talk about women's lacrosse.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kind of a miracle that i was able to remember this thread is where we discussed RPI. Anyway, RPI, SOS and some other stuff and happy to add more. More than this, happy to adjust, plug in scenarios, etc. This is for D1 M but plan to do the same for all: d1, 2, 3, women, NJCAA, high school, etc.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

wlaxnut wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:51 am You guys are doing a great job. I'm grateful to whoever had the idea to create a Back-Up Stick for LaxPower. I think the new and improved version is better than the old one because I feel there is more freedom with this new site. Thanks for doing all the upkeep and maintenance. This is a great place to exchange ideas as not many (who am I kidding--not any) people in my life like to talk about women's lacrosse.
Concur on great freedom, except for the one thing which shall not be discussed.

Something nefarious is going on, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Active sue some people. Not here but elsewhere.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:21 pm Something nefarious is going on, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Active sue some people. Not here but elsewhere.
What's cooking here, Wombat?
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Hawkeye wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:02 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:21 pm Something nefarious is going on, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Active sue some people. Not here but elsewhere.
What's cooking here, Wombat?
Oysters!
njbill

Post by njbill »

Just noticed this today.

Brooklyn and I posted a bit about the death of D. Dale a few months back on the Obituaries topic in the General Chatter forum. We both used his first name, which begins with "D." Not sure when this happened, but his first name has been changed in these posts from "D_ _ _" to "jerk."

I understand (I guess) why whatever profanity program you have would make the change, but is there any way to keep the program from making a change like this? I thought computers were supposed to be smarter than humans.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

made the change. it Should be amended now.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wlaxnut

Final Standings database

Post by wlaxnut »

Are there any plans to make available final standings down through the years as what used to be available on the old LaxPower site? That was a fun feature (not to mention valuable reference tool) to be able to look back and see which teams finished where in the standings in their given conferences.
wlaxnut

Suggestion

Post by wlaxnut »

Thanks for reading these and being open to suggestions and feedback. I really appreciate this site.

I have a suggestion. Would you be able to add a feature that enables you to get to the last post in a given thread? Currently there is a nifty feature where you can jump to the first unread post, but in the case where you want to go to the last post in the thread, one must scroll to the bottom of the last page. No big deal, but if it is a simple addition, I thought I would suggest adding that feature. Thanks for maintaining this great forum.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”