Yorktown

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Re: Yorktown

Post by Matnum PI »

Yorktown’s Boyer Signs with Duke; Teammates Makes College Picks

YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Unfortunately, because of COVID-19, Yorktown’s proud program, which can boast of seven state titles and 40 Section 1 crowns, couldn’t add to those lofty numbers this past spring.

However, it was able to continue its legendary lore in another form, as four of its seniors signed to play at the next level, which is as much a Husker tradition as the championships are.

Those four seniors, who signed to play at their respective schools, were defenseman Keith Boyer (Duke University), midfielder Evan Makar (Pace University), midfielder Spencer Norris (Air Force), and goalie Adam Norris (Air Force).

“To be able to go to a school like Duke and play lacrosse has always been a dream of mine,” Boyer said. “Finally, putting pen to paper and making it official was a surreal moment for me. It was a great feeling, knowing that all the work I’ve put in since the beginning has paid off. Being able to sign with my family made it a really special moment, because without their support, I wouldn’t have had this opportunity.”

Boyer is the top-ranked defenseman, and is rated No. 2 overall, in the country, while Adam Norris is ranked as the No. 4 goalie and No. 72 overall for the Class of 2021, according to Inside Lacrosse.

At Duke, Boyer will team up with the top-ranked player, midfielder Andrew McAdorey, who is from perennial Long Island power, St. Anthony’s.

“I’m really looking forward to playing with Andrew at Duke,” Boyer said. “To go to Duke, alongside such incredibly talented players like Andrew, is something I’m very excited for.”

According to Yorktown coach Sean Carney, it means a lot to be able to have the four Huskers sign on to play at the next level.

“As a program, we are all excited to see our boys continue to play the game at the highest levels,” Carney said. “A ton of hard work by them, their teammates, and families, have earned these men the chance to play collegiately.”

Boyer, Makar, and the Norris twins put themselves in position to play in college by doing the work necessary both on and off the field.

“Hard work, grinding, pushing themselves daily on the field, in the weight room, and in the classroom,” Carney said. “All worked when no one was watching to make themselves better.”

There are a lot of things that Carney likes about this quartet of Huskers.

“They are a remarkable group of kids,” Carney said. “To send two players into our Armed Forces, and one to one of the best lacrosse schools in the nation, is special. We believe we have the best defenseman in the nation in Boyer, and the best goalie in the country, in Adam Norris.”

COVID-19 permitting, Carney is planning on having one more season with this group in the spring. They will most definitely play an important role in leading the Huskers in 2021, along with the rest of Yorktown’s senior class.

“Leadership is a group effort, which all the seniors must take,” Carney said. “It is their chance to create a legacy in Yorktown lacrosse.”
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”