COVID 19 a measured response

HS Boys Lacrosse
Surfs_Up

COVID 19 a measured response

Post by Surfs_Up »

I have heard rumors of High Schools cancelling sports. I think that is an over reaction. We cannot end life as we know it, and how does kids playing spots relate to a proliferation of a disease. Those kids aren't going to be sitting at home on their butts.

So, play on. If a kid on a team somewhere gets it, then that High School sports is cancelled. But not an entire district, or state. Come on people. We aren't all going to die.
Matnum PI

Re: COVID 19 a measured response

Post by Matnum PI »

Some schools are suspending school (which includes lacrosse). Let's see where this goes...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

Have you guys been paying attention to what has happened in the collegiate and professional sports world over the past 48 hours? Do you really think HS games are going to be played and that somehow these colleges, the NCAA and the pro-leagues unilaterally took action that was unnecessary and not based on some incredibly compelling information?
This isn't about the kids getting it. Its about keeping our health care system alive.
Doid23

Post by Doid23 »

Surfs_Up wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 am I have heard rumors of High Schools cancelling sports. I think that is an over reaction. We cannot end life as we know it, and how does kids playing spots relate to a proliferation of a disease. Those kids aren't going to be sitting at home on their butts.

So, play on. If a kid on a team somewhere gets it, then that High School sports is cancelled. But not an entire district, or state. Come on people. We aren't all going to die.
By the time a “kid on a team somewhere gets it”, then its already too late. All of the people they have come into contact with have already been exposed. Yes, they’ll be doing other things, but they won’t be in a locker room, bumping up against others, etc. All of the experts agree that social distancing is effective.
Hey, I get it, this sucks. My senior will not be able to play her last season ever of lacrosse. Her prom is cancelled, as is her Sr spring break trip. Wish it wasn’t so. But that’s life. And if it saves one life, or allows one more person to get treated if the spread of the virus slows, then that’s worth it.
viper

Post by viper »

Doid23 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:25 pm
Surfs_Up wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 am I have heard rumors of High Schools cancelling sports. I think that is an over reaction. We cannot end life as we know it, and how does kids playing spots relate to a proliferation of a disease. Those kids aren't going to be sitting at home on their butts.

By the time a “kid on a team somewhere gets it”, then its already too late. All of the people they have come into contact with have already been exposed. Yes, they’ll be doing other things, but they won’t be in a locker room, bumping up against others, etc. All of the experts agree that social distancing is effective.
Hey, I get it, this sucks. My senior will not be able to play her last season ever of lacrosse. Her prom is cancelled, as is her Sr spring break trip. Wish it wasn’t so. But that’s life. And if it saves one life, or allows one more person to get treated if the spread of the virus slows, then that’s worth it.
This is something that recent generations have not had to deal with. As such, perhaps we have become "spoiled" in some sense. Despite being "old", I am not old enough to have lived through the sacrifices the country had to make during the depression of the 1930's or WWII in the 40's when seasons of pro sports were cancelled and the nations economy was redirected almost entirely to the war effort.
This is a time that will put lots of other things in perspective when we look back on it one day.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

Surfs_Up wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 am ...Come on people. We aren't all going to die.
No, not ALL of us.

So many of these posts critical of the reaction to the Coronavirus aren’t aging well.
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

Yes, no doubt. But it is good historical perspective of how fast things changed.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”