FanLax Four All-American Chips Showcase - April 4

HS Boys Lacrosse
Frank McAneny

FanLax Four All-American Chips Showcase - April 4

Post by Frank McAneny »

In April, FanLax will be sponsoring and running a HS Lacrosse Showcase: The FanLax 1st Annual High School Four All-American Chips Showcase. April 4th. Mark your calendars.
If you have ideas to attract more Lacrosse Fans to FanLax and/or businesses interested in connecting with Lacrosse Fans, PM me.
Matnum PI

Re: FanLax Four All-American Chips Showcase - April 4

Post by Matnum PI »

Exciting.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

I think you are making a huge mistake allowing the advertising for this event on this site. This sounds like just another money grab and I doubt you can really provide my son with more than two offers to a D1 program. However, if you move the event to Wednesday of that week instead of Saturday I will sign him up tomorrow.
Frank McAneny

Post by Frank McAneny »

That's so strange. Many people have been requesting that we move the showcase to that Wednesday. Mid-week sounds like a logistical nightmare to me but I can look into it...

Also, not 2 offers. 2 letters.
If you have ideas to attract more Lacrosse Fans to FanLax and/or businesses interested in connecting with Lacrosse Fans, PM me.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Maybe you could guarantee letters from 3 D1 coaches
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:36 pm I think you are making a huge mistake allowing the advertising for this event on this site. This sounds like just another money grab and I doubt you can really provide my son with more than two offers to a D1 program.
If Frank is guaranteeing two letters from D1 coaches, he can deliver 2 letters from D1 coaches. And the FanLax Four All-American Chips isn't an advertiser. This is Frank's baby. His first project while doing Business Development for FanLax. As a semi-aside, I really think he should up it to 3 letters from d1 coaches.
Caddy Day
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

I think you're missing out by not offering an NFL Combine style event for the dads to compete in. Plenty of them still have some eligibility left. Leave no stone unturned.
Frank McAneny

Post by Frank McAneny »

Per Matnum's suggestion, I've up'ed the D1 Letter Count from two to three. But only if people sign-up by March 15th. March 16th and you get two. No exceptions.
Laxxal22 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:07 pm I think you're missing out by not offering an NFL Combine style event for the dads to compete in. Plenty of them still have some eligibility left. Leave no stone unturned.
Laxxal22, thank you. I've been getting a good amount of suggestions with relation to my event and, unfortunately, most seem to be deriding the showcase or me. It's a bit tiring. So it's a sincere pleasure to finally get a productive suggestion. (Offering to shove different lacrosse equipment into different orifices of my body is not productive. Mean-spirited and unproductive. So, thank you.) I like the idea but... the showcase is really about the kids. And I'm afraid that the Dad Combine may deflect some of the focus away from the kids. What I do think may be possible is a father-son wheelbarrow race where the father is supporting the son while the son demonstrates his upper body strength and hand speed. I feel like this is more in the spirit of what the FanLax Four All-American Chips is all about.
Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

i was awes0me at whee1barre1 races when i was a kid i'd t0ta11y d0 this, f0ur a11-american chips s0unds awes0me, where is it?
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL
smoova

Post by smoova »

Laxxal22 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:07 pm I think you're missing out by not offering an NFL Combine style event for the dads to compete in. Plenty of them still have some eligibility left. Leave no stone unturned.
Cue Jamie Monroe: "A good '99 will be a GREAT '22."
Last edited by smoova on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Frank McAneny wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:21 pmWhat I do think may be possible is a father-son wheelbarrow race where the father is supporting the son while the son demonstrates his upper body strength and hand speed. I feel like this is more in the spirit of what the FanLax Four All-American Chips is all about.
Awesome at so many levels.
Frank McAneny

Post by Frank McAneny »

Kinduv wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:25 pm i was awes0me at whee1barre1 races when i was a kid i'd t0ta11y d0 this, f0ur a11-american chips s0unds awes0me, where is it?
First, thank you, Kinduv. We haven't solidified the Father-Son Wheelbarrow race as part of the FanLax Four All-American Chips Showcase yet but, based on your enthusiasm, it seems like this may be a good idea. So thank you for the feedback. As for the showcase locations, In the coming days, we'll be posting the cities that we'll be coming to. Like the PLL, we'll be all over the country.
Last edited by Frank McAneny on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank McAneny

Post by Frank McAneny »

smoova wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:32 pmAwesome at so many levels.
Smoova, thank you. I've experienced quite a bit of bullying over the past week by people who are seemingly threatened by my showcase that will make all other showcases obsolete and it just feels good to finally get some positive feedback. Thank you.

I don't want to be presumptuous but, if you don't have kids of your own, maybe you and Kinduv could do the wheelbarrow race together.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Thank you so much for your advertisement! I just checked my calendar and, unfortunately, my son will be playing at the 3rd annual Inside Lacrosse Broiest Bros Laxtastic Tourney Fresh held in the infield of Pimlico during Preakness. How did you not realize these were on the same date? Poor planning.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:53 pm
OSVAlacrosse wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:36 pm I think you are making a huge mistake allowing the advertising for this event on this site. This sounds like just another money grab and I doubt you can really provide my son with more than two offers to a D1 program.
If Frank is guaranteeing two letters from D1 coaches, he can deliver 2 letters from D1 coaches. And the FanLax Four All-American Chips isn't an advertiser. This is Frank's baby. His first project while doing Business Development for FanLax. As a semi-aside, I really think he should up it to 3 letters from d1 coaches.
Ok, I think I am getting closer to a "yes." Another event promised two "tweets" and a possible ranking. However, letters are something I can post on Facebook. Which letters do I get? My preference would be "L" or "Z." Also I live in a hotbed area for father son wheel barrel racing. I need to know if the race will follow the FSWBR guidelines and will it be age based or grade based?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:29 pm Thank you so much for your advertisement! I just checked my calendar and, unfortunately, my son will be playing at the 3rd annual Inside Lacrosse Broiest Bros Laxtastic Tourney Fresh held in the infield of Pimlico during Preakness. How did you not realize these were on the same date? Poor planning.
You serious? Frank, you see this? LaxP, you serious?
Caddy Day
Frank McAneny

Post by Frank McAneny »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:40 pmI live in a hotbed area for father son wheel barrel racing. I need to know if the race will follow the FSWBR guidelines and will it be age based or grade based?
I feel like you're making fun. The wheelbarrow race has not been confirmed yet. I just want to be clear that this is a lacrosse event. The wheelbarrow race, like similar events in NFL and other combines, is just an event to demonstrate a player's strength and skills. Make fun if you want but wheelbarrow racers are some of the most talented athletes in the world.
Frank McAneny

Post by Frank McAneny »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:56 pmYou serious? Frank, you see this? LaxP, you serious?
I did see it and I'm unconcerned. The "3rd annual Inside Lacrosse Broiest Bros Laxtastic Tourney"? C'mon, Matnum. Google it. He's making fun of us.
Which is fine. It's important to remember these moments because when we have a monopoly on HS Showcases, having ultimate power over who gets to or doesn't get to play d1 lacrosse, then, we'll look back on these moments and laugh. But, until then, we have a lot of hard work to do.
FanLax Computer

Post by FanLax Computer »

Frank, if interested, I can do a ranking of the Top Lacrosse Father-Sons. Genetically and otherwise, there's a high correlation between successful fathers and successful sons. Especially in sports. So, if we can identify the fathers who are winners, we should be able to identify, not with a perfect correlation but with a high correlation, the soon-to-be-successful sons. My thought was that we'd look at the father's net income, the hotness of their wife, recognizability of their last name, and other metrics to define winners. Just an idea. happy to help.
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.” -Isaac Asimov
Frank McAneny

Post by Frank McAneny »

Computer, thank you. That's smart, really smart. Let's discuss...

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”