Texas HS Lacrosse

HS Boys Lacrosse
laxman

Texas HS Lacrosse

Post by laxman »

Fall ball is getting close for some schools just thought I would get us started.
Anything on league structure? Went a little cold during the summer and haven't heard anything.
No Tilt

Re: Texas HS Lacrosse 2020

Post by No Tilt »

League structure:
parents with little to 0 lacrosse experience are running too many programs with their egos driving quality coaches out. the kids and the game continue to suffer.
what else is new?
laxman

Post by laxman »

So heard that there is no restructure.
Coaches could not agree on anything.
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

Whats wrong with the structure now?

D2 for newer less advanced programs
D1 for the better programs.

Why is there such interest in changing it? I read and listened to the proposal, just don't see what it really was going to benefit.
laxman

Post by laxman »

no growth in the game.
New teams are not forming.

Teams are not on same playing field.
LaxLurker

Post by LaxLurker »

Hot take...Westlake is going to win state. Prove me wrong
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

Haven't won before, why now.
LaxLurker

Post by LaxLurker »

Final 4 appearance last season, lost to HP by 2. Second yr under new coach. Really just wanted to see if anyone is paying attention to these boards. What's your take?
allagash

Post by allagash »

Good chance for Westlake, but I think the usual suspects will be there- HP, ESD, Jez and to a lesser extend The Woodlands
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Don't sleep on St. John's - they may be the strongest team in the south district this coming spring.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
ghostofstblax

Post by ghostofstblax »

Went out to THSLL.org for team schedules and district breakouts. I noticed a couple of things so I thought I would ask a few questions - Colleyville gone from D1 from entire website. Then Hebron is gone from D2. What happened to these teams? Is this the result of Grapevine Team now competing? Sad that schools this size can't support a team. Also saw where JPII moved up from D3 to D2. Wonder if LT this might affect DJ? If they are able to continue to grow and move to D1 and then become competitive will the northern suburb parents continue to drive down to DJ.

I think the D2 North East is WAY stronger than the West. LoveJoy, HP, Plano, Plano East, and DJ all on the same side. Is this the Year Lovejoy makes a statement in D2?

At D1 Level I think it will be the usual suspects HP, ESD, TWHS, DJ, and I think this might be the year Austin gets its championship in a long time with WL. Also wonder what folks think of the movement of kids from average public programs to private schools out of state. This is a movement that is now a thing.
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

Don’t sleep on Vandegrift out of Austin
As for kids going out of state to boarding school, haven’t see it too much, but would take a very serious commitment from a kid around lacrosse to give up your family and friends to go play lacrosse out East full time

Don’t know how many kids have that focus and goals
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Hebron is having trouble with enough players. They are one school team. They are trying to play this year but have to recruit from the local towns around them that do not have teams.(Carrollton, The Colony, Lewisville) That is the for the next 2 years. The youth teams are huge and have multiple teams at every age. Flower Mound is in the same School district and gets players from the same areas. They may have to merge, which is a shame. The THSLL has made it tough for them. Again, you have to be certain programs for them to care.
TexasLax

Post by TexasLax »

Westlake beating Vandegrift easily today at Longhorn Shootout, even without their kids that play football. I’m not sure it says much about Vandegrift though...I just think Westlake has a monster team.

Austin High beats Anderson 6-3. Didn’t watch it but surprised it was that close.
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

Today means nothing for any team. Most teams are missing a lot of kids and trying different things. LT and Vandegrift and Woodlands starting FOGOS we’re all at a showcase

Others in football.
allagash

Post by allagash »

Surfs_Up wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:50 pm Today means nothing for any team. Most teams are missing a lot of kids and trying different things. LT and Vandegrift and Woodlands starting FOGOS we’re all at a showcase

Others in football.
Agree with Surf's up..... December wins (and losses) do not matter. Wins in April and May do!! Also I have heard that there is a move in to The Woodlands from the Austin area that will most of the face-offs for The Woodlands
allagash

Post by allagash »

Any news out there that people want to share as some teams have started practice this week?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Currently, the #1 HS Boys team in the nation is… Atascocita (TX)?!

– Team GP W% SOS BW WL
1 Atascocita TX 1 100% 1 1 1
2 Langham Creek TX 1 100% 4 2 1
3 Katy TX 1 100% 5 3 1
4 Southlake TX 1 100% 7 4 1
5 McKinney TX 1 0% 2 5 5
6 George Ranch TX 1 0% 3 5 6
7 Magnolia TX 1 0% 6 5 7
8 Stratford TX 1 0% 8 5 8

(GP=Games Played, W%=Win Percentage, SOS=Strength of Schedule, BW=Best Win Ranking, WL=Worst Loss Ranking)

“Better than St. Anthony’s (NY), Culver (IN), Calvert Hall (MD), Salisbury (CT)?”

Our rankings are based on each team’s Best Wins and Worst Losses. St. Anthony’s, Culver, haven’t played a game yet so they don’t have any Best Wins.

“And what about Southlake (TX)? Southlake has played a game and, at least in 2019, Southlake was better than Atascocita. Why isn’t Southlake #1?”

Both teams have played one game each. Atascocita beat Magnolia (TX). Southlake beat McKinney. Magnolia is better ranked that McKinney so Atascocita, currently, has a better Best Win.

But be patient fans of any other HS Boys team. It is is very early in the season.

http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2020/01/26/hs- ... he-nation/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

So will central, south or north do best this year? North has classically dominated, but programs are getting better as whole across the state. I see some upsets this year.
laxman

Post by laxman »

Jesuit will win states and go undefeated.

They have been recruiting like crazy and they literally have 3 teams. Their D2 team is only sophomores and beat Drip Springs this weekend. 11-1

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”