Maryland Public Schools

HS Boys Lacrosse
kramerica.inc

Re: Maryland Public Schools

Post by kramerica.inc »

Little difference between coaching of club and myla at the youth (6th grade and under) teams.

And the level of play between MYLA "B" and and HoCo A/B is pretty much the same too.

But I'm sure HoCo loves having thousands of families driving though their county each weekend in the spring.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

viper wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:32 am Realistically I see little to no difference between the level of coaching my 3rd grader is getting in club versus my oldest when he was on a travel rec (MYLA) team in 3rd grade 15 years ago. The level of play MAY be slightly higher, but realistically at this age I am more concerned about him having fun and learning and improving more than I am concerned about where he is going in 15 years.
This is exactly what parents should be doing! If you do that, it will all work out, probably with very good results!

If your kid is having fun they will develop. Regardless of the coaches, team location etc.

You know why? Because they will care! Kids who care are the ones who work on their game and develop their skills.

The vast, vast majority of lacrosse development happens on your own, not on the lacrosse field. Stickwork, handling, wallball, bounceback, SHooting, developing muscle memory, playing with your siblings, in the neighborhood, and trying new moves...
viper

Post by viper »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:46 am
viper wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:32 am Realistically I see little to no difference between the level of coaching my 3rd grader is getting in club versus my oldest when he was on a travel rec (MYLA) team in 3rd grade 15 years ago. The level of play MAY be slightly higher, but realistically at this age I am more concerned about him having fun and learning and improving more than I am concerned about where he is going in 15 years.
This is exactly what parents should be doing! If you do that, it will all work out, probably with very good results!

If your kid is having fun they will develop. Regardless of the coaches, team location etc.

You know why? Because they will care! Kids who care are the ones who work on their game and develop their skills.

The vast, vast majority of lacrosse development happens on your own, not on the lacrosse field. Stickwork, handling, wallball, bounceback, SHooting, developing muscle memory, playing with your siblings, in the neighborhood, and trying new moves...
+1

We have had good results to date as my oldest played MIAA/Club/Rec and D1/Club in college. He is now a Fresh/Soph coach for his Alma Mater and also coaching a 2027 club team. My middle son is currently a D3 freshman after playing MIAA/Club/Rec and I am getting to start all over with my 9 year old - in club (as rec is no longer a viable option).

The only thing I would add to Kramerica's post is that each kid is different and don't set expectations of one from the others. Also - when they get "old enough" rather than send them to "camps", invest in one on one training. If you find a good individual trainer - they will have a far greater impact for similar cost to a camp where a dozen kids (or more) will be working as a group.
Slim

Post by Slim »

I think this move for Brocato to come out of retirement and coach his old school, Towson High, is intriguing. He has his old coach, and THS legend, Randy Dase, joining him on the sideline. Those boys from Towson are lucky kids! Not sure how good the Generals will be (since they've lost a lot to graduation from an outstanding team last year), but they will be coached by two of the finest men in the game. I'm pulling for 'em! Go Generals!
Last edited by Slim on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Severna Park Win today over St. John’s College.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Broadneck with a nice win in the finals of the stx rivals challenge over Severna Park.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

6-4 Broadneck. For those that want to watch it online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
Hammer44

Post by Hammer44 »

harcooldie wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:47 pm Looks like Coach Burke is leaving Towson....according to the Twitterverse.

Anyone know where he’s going or the scoop?
[Coach Burke taking his game to The Hall. Rich get richer.]
Slim

Post by Slim »

Add Coach Burke to an already strong CHC staff. He did a terrific job with a talented group at THS for the past two years. Helped to bring the alums back into celebrate a proud tradition. He has a lot more to work with at his alma mater and was looking for a new challenge in the MIAA.

Conversely, Towson lost 18 seniors in one of its most talented classes in recent history to graduation. Dulaney, Hereford, Catonsville look to be the strongest contenders for the Balt. Co. title.
MPSSAAlaxfan

Post by MPSSAAlaxfan »

Slim wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:05 am Add Coach Burke to an already strong CHC staff. He did a terrific job with a talented group at THS for the past two years. Helped to bring the alums back into celebrate a proud tradition. He has a lot more to work with at his alma mater and was looking for a new challenge in the MIAA.

Conversely, Towson lost 18 seniors in one of its most talented classes in recent history to graduation. Dulaney, Hereford, Catonsville look to be the strongest contenders for the Balt. Co. title.
All 3 squads were young last year. Hereford has to be considered the front runner.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Maybe. There is a new coach and new system @Hereford.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Incredibly sad news for the Hereford Community.

https://www.wistv.com/2020/01/29/coker- ... iend-many/

Prayers to the kid’s family and many friends.
joe2123

Post by joe2123 »

How are we feeling about Harford county lacrosse this year? Lots of great teams competing for the Chesapeake title. C Milton, bel air, fallston, p mill, NH and HDG. 1A should be very competitive with fallston, p mill and HDG competing for that regional championship.

I like Hereford to win the Baltimore county title. Catonsville is still one year away from winning a the title I believe.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Don't overlook a talented and well-seasoned Dulaney team, with terrific leadership. This could be the year for the Lions!

My prediction for top 5 in Balt. Co. -
1. Dulaney
2. Hereford
3. Catonsville
4. Towson
5. Perry Hall or Franklin
MPSSAAlaxfan

Post by MPSSAAlaxfan »

Slim wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:20 pm Don't overlook a talented and well-seasoned Dulaney team, with terrific leadership. This could be the year for the Lions!

My prediction for top 5 in Balt. Co. -
1. Dulaney
2. Hereford
3. Catonsville
4. Towson
5. Perry Hall or Franklin
Given what Hereford returns, I don't see Dulaney jumping them. I do agree with your top four and I think it will be a four horse race for the county title.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

joe2123 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:57 am How are we feeling about Harford county lacrosse this year? Lots of great teams competing for the Chesapeake title. C Milton, bel air, fallston, p mill, NH and HDG. 1A should be very competitive with fallston, p mill and HDG competing for that regional championship.

I like Hereford to win the Baltimore county title. Catonsville is still one year away from winning a the title I believe.
Harford has changed quite a bit in the past couple years. Culmination of a few storms-

The coaching changes at some of the top schools like Fallston and BA were not entirely smooth. Then John Carroll moved to the A league and is getting the attention of many top kids. And of course PM is siphoning off some talent that would have gone to BA in years past.

So I think CMW is the leader in the clubhouse right now. Probably BA and Fallston chasing them. But the gap between BA/Fallston and the next tier - PM, NH, HdG is much, much closer than in years past. Not even sure if there IS a gap. Aberdeen is growing so that's good news for them. But I'm not sure they are making a huge impact at the top of Harford County yet.

I did hear that HT made a pretty good hire too...
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
MPSSAAlaxfan

Post by MPSSAAlaxfan »

Getting close. Just over two weeks until the teams hit the practice fields. I'll take a stab at Howard County. I think it will be wide open this year. Lots of talent graduated in 2019.

1- Glenelg
2- Centennial
3- Howard
4- Marriotts Ridge
5- Mt. Hebron
6- Atholton
7- River Hill
Rest of the pack
MDHSFan

Post by MDHSFan »

MPSSAAlaxfan wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:22 pm Getting close. Just over two weeks until the teams hit the practice fields. I'll take a stab at Howard County. I think it will be wide open this year. Lots of talent graduated in 2019.

1- Glenelg
2- Centennial
3- Howard
4- Marriotts Ridge
5- Mt. Hebron
6- Atholton
7- River Hill
Rest of the pack
I'm gonna say either Hebron or MR win HoCo this year. Glenelg loses pretty much every starter on both sides of the field. Howard loses a lot as well. MR loses most of their defense and one of the best goalies in HoCo history. They also lost arguably the best coach in the state to retirement but they return most offensive starters which is why I rate them sort of high right now. Centennial loses a great senior class but they do return a D1 kid in Sams. Hebron returns arguably the two best players on offense in the county which is huge. RH returns their whole defense I think but they lose their only real threat on O from last year. I agree its going to be very wide open this year.

I'd rank them:
1. Hebron
2. MR
3. Glenelg
4. Howard
5. Centennial
6. RH
7. Atholton (Love the coach but not sure they make the jump yet into top 6)
8-12 Columbia+ Resi
MPSSAAlaxfan

Post by MPSSAAlaxfan »

MDHSFan wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:13 am
MPSSAAlaxfan wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:22 pm Getting close. Just over two weeks until the teams hit the practice fields. I'll take a stab at Howard County. I think it will be wide open this year. Lots of talent graduated in 2019.

1- Glenelg
2- Centennial
3- Howard
4- Marriotts Ridge
5- Mt. Hebron
6- Atholton
7- River Hill
Rest of the pack
I'm gonna say either Hebron or MR win HoCo this year. Glenelg loses pretty much every starter on both sides of the field. Howard loses a lot as well. MR loses most of their defense and one of the best goalies in HoCo history. They also lost arguably the best coach in the state to retirement but they return most offensive starters which is why I rate them sort of high right now. Centennial loses a great senior class but they do return a D1 kid in Sams. Hebron returns arguably the two best players on offense in the county which is huge. RH returns their whole defense I think but they lose their only real threat on O from last year. I agree its going to be very wide open this year.

I'd rank them:
1. Hebron
2. MR
3. Glenelg
4. Howard
5. Centennial
6. RH
7. Atholton (Love the coach but not sure they make the jump yet into top 6)
8-12 Columbia+ Resi
HoCo teams showed well at the Rivals Challenge in December. All went 2-0 in pool play. In head to head Centennial beat MTH 8-2.

https://admin.tourneymachine.com/R70601

Red, White, & Blue (Centennial)
EC-99ers (Mt. Hebron)
Clarksville LC (River Hill)
32 West (Marriotts Ridge)
MDHSFan

Post by MDHSFan »

MPSSAAlaxfan wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:22 pm HoCo teams showed well at the Rivals Challenge in December. All went 2-0 in pool play. In head to head Centennial beat MTH 8-2.

https://admin.tourneymachine.com/R70601

Red, White, & Blue (Centennial)
EC-99ers (Mt. Hebron)
Clarksville LC (River Hill)
32 West (Marriotts Ridge)
Fair enough I was unaware of these results but I'm not 100% convinced about it. I'm just going to assume that Snyder and Brown weren't playing against Centennial because I don't know how those two can be held to only two goals especially considering what Centennial brings back on D. Anyways should be a fun year! I'm hoping Glenelg can repeat but obviously I'm skeptical of that happening!

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”