New Jersey 2020

HS Boys Lacrosse
Njlaxx11

Re: New Jersey 2020

Post by Njlaxx11 »

PG schools in NJ get no respect. Seems like with Stags at Hun and Posner at Lawrenceville, they might be in for some attention. When i was in HS we played L'ville every year and got wrecked. they were legit - seem to have fallen off a lot the last few years. hopefully these guys can get NJ lacrosse the recognition it deserves nationwide.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I'm curious to see where Posner takes L'ville. Both L'ville and Hun have produced many D1, quality players. And the teams are very good. But the teams aren't tippy top. They seem to be missing something to be in this category. My guess is numerous D1, quality players. And maybe the new coaches will attract them.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:21 am I'm curious to see where Posner takes L'ville. Both L'ville and Hun have produced many D1, quality players. And the teams are very good. But the teams aren't tippy top. They seem to be missing something to be in this category. My guess is numerous D1, quality players. And maybe the new coaches will attract them.
also, i'm curious to see if any seniors that missed their season this year and were hoping to get looks would PG and goto one of these schools. could be huge gets out there.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Good point. More PGs. Maybe...

Stating the obvious but... L'ville is very expensive. No real point to saying it. Maybe saying a reason why not all can attend. But just stating a fact.
Caddy Day
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

WOOF. niche.com has it at 62K tuition + board. that's pricey!

it is a beautiful campus though. close to princeton. could be appealing.
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Possible that Posner will bring in Canadian like he did at Culver. Maybe the guys he brings in will get some help with tuition.
Blackdoglax

Post by Blackdoglax »

Lawrenceville also a very academically challenging school. I know nothing of Culver but if you are looking to just do a PG year to go an ACC school- it’s NO picnic. Kids and their parents mIght want to look at other less taxing options.....

That said, my gut tells me Posner has a plan....
Last edited by Blackdoglax on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Does Posner have kids and how old are they?
Caddy Day
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 am WOOF. niche.com has it at 62K tuition + board. that's pricey!

it is a beautiful campus though. close to princeton. could be appealing.
My son's club team practices at Hun. Gorgeous campus right in Princeton. Hun is at 66k for tuition + board, or 44k for day students. But as it's well known around there, only the "poors" do day...even the Princeton residents send their kids to board at Hun.

Different world than I live in for sure...my kids will get public school.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Two top NJ Football Players are playing lacrosse in college.

Priceless: Luke Cole, Lenape, Sr., 5-10, 180
College: Monmouth (for lacrosse)

NJ.com scouting report: Considered to be the toughest guy on the team and always around the ball, Cole (picutred above) can cover multiple gaps in run defense and has the speed to cover. He recorded 103 tackles (45 solo), 17 tackles for loss, 3 1/2 sacks, an interception and a forced fumble last season. Cole is Lenape’s undisputed defensive leader and the definition of a guy who leaves it all on the field. His value is immeasurable.

Austin Groce, Summit, Sr.: The 6-3, 224-pound Groce has been one of Summit’s most stifling defenders for two years and over two seasons. Groce will play lacrosse at West Point.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

After Guiding Whipsnakes to 2nd PLL Championship, Stagnitta Bringing Winning Formula to Hun Boys’ Lax

Caddy Day
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

starting to get worried the 2021 season isn't going to happen. i know i miss coaching, i can't imagine how much the players miss playing. sure they have club but it's not the same as your high school years. NJSIAA has said they would extend the spring seasons into June but with the uptick in cases it's starting to seem eerily similar to march of 2020.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

tentative start date from NJSIAA is 4/1, with competition starting 4/19. season being extended til 6/20. release says that they're going to try and host all post season tournaments as usual. also says all regular season rules and regulations in effect, including amount of games. looks like we might get a full season!

https://www.njsiaa.org/sites/default/fi ... ason-4.pdf
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

North Hunterdon

Caddy Day
Denver14

Post by Denver14 »

I'm curious to see where Posner takes L'ville. Both L'ville and Hun have produced many D1, quality players. And the teams are very good. But the teams aren't tippy top. They seem to be missing something to be in this category. My guess is numerous D1, quality players. And maybe the new coaches will attract them.
Not sure that in recent years L'ville actually produced DI players, rather they got some already coached and trained from other programs. It's been many years since a "made at L'ville" kid has starred at DI. When their assistant coach left for Hun a few years back the pipeline for local talent collapsed and IMO so did the coaching of lacrosse skills. With Posner there seems a chance the program could get back to its long ago national status.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”