VA Public School Lacrosse

HS Boys Lacrosse
jerseyman

Re: VA Public School Lacrosse

Post by jerseyman »

66 Corridor wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:22 pm Chantilly played very well and yes 8-3 was final. Chargers had Crisper passes, better communication on defense, looks like they are in early to mid season form already and Madison in preseason form. Will note Madison starting FOGO DeFrietas was 8-0 on face offs before back up FOGO got reps. Madison came back to beat Yorktown handily in game two of the scrimmages.
It’s the first scrimmage. A lot of boys are sick. I would not read much into it.

News from any other scrimmages?
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

Tilly beat MAD like 6-2. Yorktown beat Tilly 6-3. Then MAD Over Yorktown 7-1 with starters both teams. Cold and windy day at JMHS for the 3 team jamboree.
since1986

Post by since1986 »

How was Briar Woods and Robinson?
Cuseplayer1

Post by Cuseplayer1 »

since1986 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:17 pm How was Briar Woods and Robinson?
Robinson beat Briar Woods 18-8. Briar Woods is no where as good as the team they were last year. Lost too many seniors to be state contenders this season. Robinson is always reloading with top talent every year.
Crlaxy

Post by Crlaxy »

Scrimmage FWIW
Riverside 12
Battlefield 6
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Cuseplayer1 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:05 am
since1986 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:17 pm How was Briar Woods and Robinson?
Robinson beat Briar Woods 18-8. Briar Woods is no where as good as the team they were last year. Lost too many seniors to be state contenders this season. Robinson is always reloading with top talent every year.
I think the lack of a JV team will make it harder for BW to re-load in future years as well. They had a great run. They still have some really strong players but not enough to compete with Riverside for the top team in Loudoun title.
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

Fairfax schools are closed on Monday, March 16, but staff will report to prepare for the “possibility of distance learning.” This seems like a prelude to closing the schools for an extended period of time, with the obvious implications for spring sports - such as lacrosse. We may have a really short season, boys.

NESCAC schools have already canceled all spring sports. This is a clusterf***.
whodatsay

Post by whodatsay »

Suspended, not cancelled. Still a CF nonetheless. This is really going to put a hurting on recruiting classes and scholarships allowed because if they cancel the college seasons, and they grant an extra year of play, then watch it really get messed up.
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

whodatsay wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:32 am Suspended, not cancelled. Still a CF nonetheless. This is really going to put a hurting on recruiting classes and scholarships allowed because if they cancel the college seasons, and they grant an extra year of play, then watch it really get messed up.
Agreed. Although at $75 grand/year, with no athletic scholarships, there are not too many NESCAC kids that will wait around for a 5th year. Will certainly impact some of the Division 1 programs however.
ckstevenson

Post by ckstevenson »

jerseyman wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:00 pm Fairfax schools are closed on Monday, March 16, but staff will report to prepare for the “possibility of distance learning.” This seems like a prelude to closing the schools for an extended period of time, with the obvious implications for spring sports - such as lacrosse. We may have a really short season, boys.

NESCAC schools have already canceled all spring sports. This is a clusterf***.
There's a very solid chance they allow outdoor sports to continue on as is, given it's not an indoor confined space. If not, then hopefully they'd go to games without (official) spectators.

I'm all for an abundance of concern and limiting exposure risks. I think you can do sports with minimal to no risk.
whodatsay

Post by whodatsay »

NOW it's officially cancelled. All NESCAC spring sports seasons are cancelled. Be prepared for lawsuits to come out of this with those parents.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Big West and MAC just announced that basketball games will be played with no spectators allowed. I think this is the route that the HS sports will go. Which will keep the season going. I just feel sorry for the officials. I know they often rely heavily on the unbiased and insightful guidance provided from the stands by very knowledgeable parents. Without this loud vocal input, how will they be able to call a decent game?
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:54 pm Big West and MAC just announced that basketball games will be played with no spectators allowed. I think this is the route that the HS sports will go. Which will keep the season going. I just feel sorry for the officials. I know they often rely heavily on the unbiased and insightful guidance provided from the stands by very knowledgeable parents. Without this loud vocal input, how will they be able to call a decent game?
😂😂😂😂. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
Cuseplayer1

Post by Cuseplayer1 »

Prince William has suspended extracurricular activities until further notice and Fairfax County has suspended extracurricular activities until April 12th. Sad to hear this
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

My prediction - FCPS sports will resume Monday, 4/13. Our lacrosse game schedules will be recalibrated to only district tilts, with district and regional tournaments to follow. (NO FLUFF GAMES). The good news is the spring season is still young. As far as the state tourney, that could be a tough call with teams from all over the state traveling to other regions. Perhaps it could be like the olden days with just ONE GAME - the top ranked southern school vs the top ranked northern school. Again, there is still time for an exciting spring season of VA public school lacrosse!
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

SpinalTap14 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:53 am My prediction - FCPS sports will resume Monday, 4/13. Our lacrosse game schedules will be recalibrated to only district tilts, with district and regional tournaments to follow. (NO FLUFF GAMES). The good news is the spring season is still young. As far as the state tourney, that could be a tough call with teams from all over the state traveling to other regions. Perhaps it could be like the olden days with just ONE GAME - the top ranked southern school vs the top ranked northern school. Again, there is still time for an exciting spring season of VA public school lacrosse!
I wish it were to be so. Va public schools now closed for rest of year. Damn.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

jerseyman wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:19 pm
SpinalTap14 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:53 am My prediction - FCPS sports will resume Monday, 4/13. Our lacrosse game schedules will be recalibrated to only district tilts, with district and regional tournaments to follow. (NO FLUFF GAMES). The good news is the spring season is still young. As far as the state tourney, that could be a tough call with teams from all over the state traveling to other regions. Perhaps it could be like the olden days with just ONE GAME - the top ranked southern school vs the top ranked northern school. Again, there is still time for an exciting spring season of VA public school lacrosse!
I wish it were to be so. Va public schools now closed for rest of year. Damn.
I like all of you do understand that there are more important challenges right now than the loss of the HS lacrosse season. However, it does not change the fact that many kids especially seniors will be missing something important that they have worked for many years to experience. I hope that once things change again (and they will) the local Virginia lacrosse community can find a way to create something special for the players of the 2020 season. Maybe a mini tournament of fall brawl style event could be organized in the late summer before leaving for college.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Are the VA kids doing virtual learning? Will people move onto the next grade?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

OSVA Lacrosse - great sentiments. How heartbreaking for these seniors. Many probably won’t play at the next level and had no way to know their career was over. Damn. Would be great if they could do something like a Summer Brawl. I’d come out and support it.
Lax89

Post by Lax89 »

Devastated for all involved. Breaks my heart, not just for my seniors, but for all players in the area. Going to miss a lot of these kids.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”