IWLCA Presidents Cup

HS Girls Lacrosse
Delco Transplant

IWLCA Presidents Cup

Post by Delco Transplant »

The event this year has been incredibly disappointing. Poorly organized -not enough facilities or food and all of the issues were completely avoidable. Parking was literally miles away from the fields. The IWLCA is now focused more on making money than player development.
Dr. Tact

Re: IWLCA Presidents Cup

Post by Dr. Tact »

While it was inconvenient, by allowing enough time, the entry and exit issues were OK for me. I actually enjoyed having all the games in one spot, with some shade available. Food, just the typical fried cart food... I never expect to eat at a lax tourney. Oh, the best part for me was not having to pay Disney to watch my daughter play 2 or 3 games at ESPN
crusader

Post by crusader »

I remember complaining about how inconvenient the Naples Fla. location was until they moved it to Disney . Why all the Disney torture when you are there for Lax. No more Presidents cup for this family but love hearing the experiences in West palm beach
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:45 pm While it was inconvenient, by allowing enough time, the entry and exit issues were OK for me. I actually enjoyed having all the games in one spot, with some shade available. Food, just the typical fried cart food... I never expect to eat at a lax tourney. Oh, the best part for me was not having to pay Disney to watch my daughter play 2 or 3 games at ESPN
I would have loved to pay $17 and not have had to wait in an hour long line to get in and out of the parking lot. They also ran out of water on multiple fields.

I did not love the location. Way too many logistical issues that could have been taken care of.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Brownlax wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:49 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:45 pm While it was inconvenient, by allowing enough time, the entry and exit issues were OK for me. I actually enjoyed having all the games in one spot, with some shade available. Food, just the typical fried cart food... I never expect to eat at a lax tourney. Oh, the best part for me was not having to pay Disney to watch my daughter play 2 or 3 games at ESPN
I would have loved to pay $17 and not have had to wait in an hour long line to get in and out of the parking lot. They also ran out of water on multiple fields.

I did not love the location. Way too many logistical issues that could have been taken care of.
Well, I'm sorry that you and Delco had a bad experience.. Mine was ok...my only complaint had nothing to do with the tournament, but with a d1 coach who abruptly changed her mind on someone I care about deeply... 15 year old kid is crushed... But that is another story... 😕
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Wife went, i sayed home but she said the lines were awful getting in and out, girls had to leave the cars and run to the field, not enough buses. Hopefully just a first year glitch. Otherwise, they had a blast.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

snipped from an email from Corrigan sports...

Some of you have contacted us expressing concern and also sharing your appreciation for the effort that was given by our staff, the local municipality, and key vendors involved. We appreciated all feedback, good and bad, as we worked to resolve challenges throughout the weekend. Your comments did not fall on deaf ears.

We apologize for the traffic and parking challenges. With any event going to a new venue, we had our growing pains but learned a lot through the process. Needless to say, the roadways are not built to accommodate the amount of attendees we had trying to get to the fields. The Florida Highway Patrol, who was contracted by the local sports commission to handle the traffic, were ill prepared to handle the rush of vehicles. The shuttling of attendees could have been more efficient as well. And while still not perfect, I think we showed great improvement as the weekend went on. While it would be easy to point fingers, we will not, by taking responsibility and do what CSE has done for 20 years-- fix the problems!

We have already started working with all the key vendors and the local municipality to improve every aspect of the event including an improved traffic and parking plan, increasing onsite shuttles, and more food options. Everyone is committed to the success of the event and we already started on ways to fix some of the glaring issues. We encourage you to share your experiences and ideas with us so that we can help to make the recruiting process a success for everyone involved.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

I was there with my daughter. The venue was great - grass on the fields looked like a golf course. The parking was not perfect, but as long as you gave yourself a little extra time, you were fine. The second day, they added more shuttle buses and seemed like people got to their fields ok. Could have used a few more food vendors (and the credit card machines went down on Saturday), but had some good non-fried options. All-in-all, much better than having to pay to watch my child play at Disney and we were close to the beach.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”