Change As and Ms to Os

2020 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Change As and Ms to Os

Post by Matnum PI »

For 2021, maybe we should consider changing our As and Ms to Os.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

I don't necessarily object, but it would make the fantasy game and strategy (both in drafting and before games) different. In some ways, requiring balance between As and Ms is a equalizing factor. I could be wrong, but wouldn't the stats show that As have a higher points average than Ms? If so, the drafting rush would be to As. As it is now, you know you have to try for high point getters in each category. More strategy required.
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

I am against it!!!

I would have drafted nothing but starting attackmen....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

nclaxin wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:51 pm I am against it!!!

I would have drafted nothing but starting attackmen....
For next season, 2021. Not this season.

And, greenie, agreed. Definitely different than the past but... Isn't our parsing As and Ms and relic from the past? With LSMs and SSDMs taking over the D duties, is there really a difference between an A and an M?
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

There is a difference in scoring and a difference in on-field time, for sure. Whether that's enough to justify continuing the way we do it is debatable. But you certainly don't see fantasy football lumping all offensive players together. I think I come down on the side of keeping the distinction (unless someone can persuade me otherwise) because I think the added strategic component (and necessary research by the coach) makes it worth it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

football comparison is a bad one. very different. either way, just a thought. we obviously have a lot of time to think about it.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I think it places later drafters at a disadvantage. Cure try some mids get drafted earlier because you need to have three more or less productive. A change will mean the person drafting last will find 16 or more attackmen drafted before they get a chance to draft. If that move is to be considered I think we woukd need to double the number of teams
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

What I was talking about is current rosters. If we move into 2021 with just an "O" distinction...I would be a bit cranky as I 'reached" on some picks last year and this year to make sure I had middies who would put up points.

I passed over some attackmen who I knew would do so.

I would be at a disadvantage in 2021 because of this.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good point.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good point.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Also dislike this idea, the A/M is fine as is because Middies often play in lines (1st,2nd etc) whereas attackers are there for every play so there is a clear difference and rank, you'd just play 6 attackers every week.

My starting line up this year even with the same squad would be totally different for example.... My 5 attackers from last year would all start over any of my mids.

I think its fine as is

Return to “2020 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”