Post by DeepPocket »

Fall practices up and running

http://youtu.be/9--mgzDPYiI

Nice to see...
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
DeepPocket

Re: York 2021

Post by DeepPocket »

York to start a 2 week “fall break” pause in campus activities to lessen COVID-19 transmission, though the article says cases remain relatively low in number.

https://local21news.com/news/local/york ... -on-campus
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

The “Mustang classic” schedule is starting to take shape, with York taking on Lynchburg March 19, and Lynchburg taking on Stevenson March 20.

I’m very interested to see if any North teams pop up in the mix for this.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

The Spartans return key 5th year players at both ends of the field. Ryan Kennedy (D) and Gunnar Reynolds (M).

Kennedy lead the defense in both caused turnovers, and ground balls for each of the last two seasons.

Reynolds lead the midfield in both goals and shots last year, and was second in goals at midfield the year prior.

Like other conferences, the MAC presidents have met recently and tentative plans for winter sports are in place. This bodes well for a spring season.

My outlook has been upgraded from “whelp, they haven’t cancelled it yet” to “so you’re saying there’s a chance...”
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

9A6B24F3-E094-4433-BDC4-5D6C3BDAFD96.jpeg
9A6B24F3-E094-4433-BDC4-5D6C3BDAFD96.jpeg (78.83 KiB) Viewed 5662 times
kuzandrat

Post by kuzandrat »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:46 pm
Like other conferences, the MAC presidents have met recently and tentative plans for winter sports are in place. This bodes well for a spring season.

My outlook has been upgraded from “whelp, they haven’t cancelled it yet” to “so you’re saying there’s a chance...”
Keep posting this type of promising news! Like you, hoping for some kind of season for my lyco son. Last game we got to see him stand tall live was down at York. Couple days later....poof over. Look forward to seeing some lax this spring. Even if it's some kind of MAC Freedom/Commonwealth crossover season only. Fingers crossed.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

kuzandrat wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:22 pm Keep posting this type of promising news! Like you, hoping for some kind of season for my lyco son. Last game we got to see him stand tall live was down at York. Couple days later....poof over. Look forward to seeing some lax this spring. Even if it's some kind of MAC Freedom/Commonwealth crossover season only. Fingers crossed.
My heart goes out to people like your son (and their parents), where the pinnacle of all of their time and athletic effort has to be approached with such uncertainty.

The MAC provides a unique opportunity, should the powers that be decide on a “conference only” regular season. 18 lacrosse teams fall under the MAC umbrella, and with some pretty good competition in there as well (3 top 20 teams at season’s close last year). I don’t know of any other conference that could give each team 17 different opponents in a conference only scenario.

I’m remaining cautiously optimistic.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

https://www.ycpspartans.com/sports/mlax ... 0120gldd0l

“Every single one of these men were @USILA_Lax SCHOLAR All-Americans. Your success in the classroom has a direct correlation to your success on the field. If you wanna make this list in the next decade... the first place to start is the library!”
-Coach Childs
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:06 pm York pull in any interesting D1 transfers.
Gavin Dembeck - out of Jacksonville, by way of Salisbury - a high percentage shooter who will make an immediate impact at midfield.

Campus re-opens for spring semester Jan 30, fingers crossed all positive trends continue.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

He can certainly finish, but why is this his third stop( Jacksonville, Salisbury , York) and will it be his last.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

:roll:

Any guess I would make about the why or how for his change of scenery will be just that, a guess. But I’ll bite.

An obvious take would be the talent log jam over at Salisbury. Some 10 or so returning fifth year guys, plus transfers and Senoirs, doesn’t leave much meat on the bone. The kid wants to play, and the kid wants to win. Insert York.

As an Ocean City native, returning home to the shore for a strong chance at a title run could easily explain Jax to Gulls (we’ve never questioned why DI talent comes to Berkman in the past -including Dembeck himself when he did it- but I guess we can start now).

Either way, York is better with his talents. And I see his name appearing on a lot of score sheets in the near future.
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:41 am :roll:

Any guess I would make about the why or how for his change of scenery will be just that, a guess. But I’ll bite.

An obvious take would be the talent log jam over at Salisbury. Some 10 or so returning fifth year guys, plus transfers and Senoirs, doesn’t leave much meat on the bone. The kid wants to play, and the kid wants to win. Insert York.

As an Ocean City native, returning home to the shore for a strong chance at a title run could easily explain Jax to Gulls (we’ve never questioned why DI talent comes to Berkman in the past -including Dembeck himself when he did it- but I guess we can start now).

Either way, York is better with his talents. And I see his name appearing on a lot of score sheets in the near future.
Happy to see Dembeck is still playing and wish him the best. Interestingly enough, last year I noticed Dembeck didn't play in the blowout win vs Rhodes (where the gulls cleared the bench) and then was removed from the 2020 roster. Not speculating, just an observation. Gulls typically keep those rosters set, even if a player transfers out (see Van Parker from last year's squad who headed home and is now at UNC - best of luck to Van. Fun fact; the last time I can recall a local kid returning home to play for their hometown D1 program - Eric Law, that seemed to work out for him).

Regardless of his reason for transferring, we all have our reasons and I am hoping this is Gavin's last stop and it works out well for him and York.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Thanks for the well wishes Shore,

Yes, not appearing on the archived 2020 roster is strange. His stats for 2020 were 6 goals and 1 assist over 6 games, so not only was he playing, but he was contributing at a higher rate than he was the year prior.

The game vs Rhodes was on 3/9. The day before, on 3/8, the gulls played OWU and Dembeck scored 2 goals. What a difference a day makes...

14g 2a over 14 games for Jacksonville
13g 2a over 23 games for Salisbury

He definitely brings an air of intrigue. So long as it comes with his proven talent, I’ll take it.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Email today indicates schedule to release in February, with a season start in March. Presumably it will be MAC only for the regular season, as their previously scheduled games w/ Salisbury and Lynchburg were deleted from all respective sites.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:26 pm Email today indicates schedule to release in February, with a season start in March. Presumably it will be MAC only for the regular season, as their previously scheduled games w/ Salisbury and Lynchburg were deleted from all respective sites.
wow. March...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:23 pm wow. March...
I initially thought the same. But then I saw Salisbury starts in March, and Lynchburg has one game before March.

Higher education has made us (athletes/parents/alumni/fans) feel like beggars... and you know what they say about beggars....
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:30 pm and you know what they say about beggars....
it's true. and, for what it's worth, we've been complaining about the season starting to early...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
jrazz44

Post by jrazz44 »

Starting lineup for york?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Just my guess-

M- Reynolds, Kidd (FO), & Wolf

A- O’Sullivan, Schmidt, Ranck

D- Kennedy, Smith, Greene

G- Michael
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Mid. Cole Witman transfers in from Tampa. Originally a Hopkins commit, in 8 games as a Freshman for Tampa he posted 2 goals 4 assists.

Transfers Witman and Dembeck (Salisbury/Jax) should push last year’s returning midfield starters Reynolds and Wolf. Any way it shuffles out, it makes for two very strong middie lines.

Formidable DI, DII and JUCO transfers in the lineup. Strong 5th years returning, and a solid group of true Senoirs. The talent level is high coming into this year.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”