Lake Forest = New Program

D3 Mens Lacrosse
WhiteCarrera

Lake Forest = New Program

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I see that Lake Forest (IL) is resuming a varsity program for 2022. Through 1994 they were the only D3 program between Ohio and Colorado, but dropped after the '94 season. Good Luck Foresters!
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
Matnum PI

Re: Lake Forest = New Program

Post by Matnum PI »

This is great and... It makes zero sense that Lake Forest doesn't have a varsity lacrosse team.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

agreed - given that they were one of the first Midwest programs 1980s-1990s, I'm a little surprised they waited this long to bring it back.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
LordRaider

Post by LordRaider »

I dimly recall my freshman season at Kenyon included a long bus ride from central Ohio to Lake Forest. I didn’t realize the program had lapsed...it was a nice campus, nice field, and seemed like a good place for Midwest lacrosse. This would have been early ‘90’s so i guess they folded it up a few years later.
fitzlax

Post by fitzlax »

Lake Forest is joining the MLC.
This addition of Lake Forest for the 2022 season happens as 7 MLC teams (Aurora University, Benedictine University, Concordia University Chicago, Concordia University Wisconsin, Illinois Tech, Marian University and MSOE) move to their traditional conference (Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference). This move happens at the end of the 2020 season.

This split leaves the following schools in the MLC:
Lake Forest (2022), Beloit College, Cornell College, Fontbonne University, Monmouth College, North Central University and University of Northwestern
Redbirds

Post by Redbirds »

Very exciting and makes sense. St Norbert should add a team next. The other schools that should add teams in that area are all the University of Wisconsin schools like Whitewater, Stevens Points, etc....
midwestlaxdad

Post by midwestlaxdad »

I saw they had a press release about building a new field and a bunch of applicants for the position. Any one have any thought on who is going to land the job?
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I've seen a lot of different stadium designs and shared-field situations, but I've never seen a lacrosse program that has to share a field with a softball team. How exactly is that supposed to work? And that's a lot of lines on that field ...

https://www.goforesters.com/general/201 ... 0513g4i92a
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 am I've seen a lot of different stadium designs and shared-field situations, but I've never seen a lacrosse program that has to share a field with a softball team. How exactly is that supposed to work? And that's a lot of lines on that field ...

https://www.goforesters.com/general/201 ... 0513g4i92a
I've seen a few of these situations.

Wells College
https://www.wells-express.com/athletics ... ties/index

Stevens Tech
https://stevensducks.com/sports/2012/9/ ... aspx?id=40

Wentworth Tech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnlB1xvlhAc

honestly no idea how these teams work that out but apparently it can be done
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I guess you learn something new every day - lol.

It's still hard to understand how this makes sense when you have other options. It sounds like football and soccer will use the same stadium in the fall, while the new facility sits empty. Then in the spring, softball and two lacrosse teams will use the new facility, while the football stadium sits empty?

… and yes, I'm bored at work too -- just haven't changed my name to it.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

You were so preoccupied with whether you could, you didn't stop to think if you should.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Switzerland wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:24 pm You were so preoccupied with whether you could, you didn't stop to think if you should.
Haha. Awesome
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”