W&L vs Denison

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

W&L vs Denison

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

First outing for Denison and a chance for salvation for the Generals. Gennies need this considering they have F&M and Gettysburg as well on deck. Denison returns everything from last year on D, LSM, goalie and shorty.Pitroff returns on attack as well. W&L will have an edge at Fogo and at midfield overall. Hopefully they address the 25 turnovers and poor execution on man down. No excuse for a slow start in this one being at home have to have a full 60 minutes. Like to see more of #17 at least on EMO
Nosey Ned

Re: W&L vs Denison

Post by Nosey Ned »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:52 pm First outing for Denison and a chance for salvation for the Generals. Gennies need this considering they have F&M and Gettysburg as well on deck. Denison returns everything from last year on D, LSM, goalie and shorty.Pitroff returns on attack as well. W&L will have an edge at Fogo and at midfield overall.
Hey Dehunt ... I can't argue with your handicapping. Pretty much my preseason assessment as well. I'm hoping the kids that have been pinned to the sidelines by the likes of Waxter, Butler, Davey, Armstrong and DeCamp are now ready to contribute. It's their time. And I think they will. Afterall, I'm steadied by the memory of wringing my hands, after the 2017 season, over the prospect of having to rebuild the incredible attack unit of Rooney, Donohoe and Butler that had just taken us "this close" to the NC game! Caravana handled the graduation of #23 and #5 pretty well and came back in 2018 with Pittroff, Butler and Davey! Not a bad reload! And #18 is such a great piece to build an offense around! I'm confident this version will surprise to the upside as well. In fact now that I think back on it ... the first game of that 2017 season I remember saying "who?" when Butler was announced as starting on attack. He was an unheralded, unknown sophomore who 60 starts and 185 goals later graduated #2 on the Denison all time goal scoring list! My point? ..... you never know in D3 who's waiting in the wings at these top programs! Here's hoping we get another "who?" this Sunday that winds up with that kind of career!

I'm hoping the Defense which should be stout will provide enough to keep the new Big Red in these early games while the Offense finds its identity.

The face off X will be a challenge... no doubt. W&L has quality there. I'm hoping however that we get an unknown shot in the arm there as well ... just like when DeCamp transferred in his sophomore year as an unknown!

I wish I had more hard scouting to share but I don't so enough chatter and speculation from me ... I'm ready to get a look at the 2020 Big Red.

Good luck ... I expect another hard fought game that comes down to the end yet again!
Last edited by Nosey Ned on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Can’t wait to watch this one in person. Denison always brings everything to this game, and their fans travel well. Sunday game is the only wrinkle. Hope the home fans show up.
NJlxrdad

Post by NJlxrdad »

Lots of people have Monday off so hopefully that helps attendance
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

I have them ranked #s 8 and 9 so a close game may not affect my rankings.

Great rivalry, two terrific coaches and two excellent schools. Expect to see both in May.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”