FanLax Forum Poll

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Let me get this straight, NOZ has ranked Lynchburg at #24 after almost doubling up F&M, but has F&M ranked 8th???
Somebody missed the homework assignment 😂....Salisbury is trading at a big discount in the 6th spot with MrLau’s poll.
Noz

Post by Noz »

OMG!!! I TOTALLY missed the Lynch vs. F&M game. LOL!!! My bad. I promise to do better.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Noz, wait until 2 weeks after the Nescac season kicks in and you try to recall who has upset whom in and out of conference. Laxpower use to have a type of spreadsheet that listed if I’m recalling correctly the top 20 and how they faired against similar competition. It helped reduce the amount of time trying to see how teams did against common opponents. If anyone knows if that’s still around please say so.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

We have this. The D3 Men's Teams in listed in order of Computer Ranking and... GP = # of Games Played, W% = Win Percentage, SOS = Strength of Schedule Rank, BW = Best Win, 2W = Second Best Win, 3W = Third Best Win, W = Win Rank, WL = Worst Loss, 2L = Second Worst Loss, 3L = Third Worst Loss, L = Loss Rank.

BUT... The current rankings are a mess because the teams haven't played enough games. In time, it'll shape up...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
BridgewaterLax

Post by BridgewaterLax »

Newbie here, but count me in.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

BridgewaterLax wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:59 pm Newbie here, but count me in.
Bridge, you're now an official poll-er and... This is the Forum Poll Page. Also, i just emailed you the Forum Poll Password.
Caddy Day
Noz

Post by Noz »

Dehunt, appreciate the insight. I'm showing why I was a 2.0 GPA student!
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Somebody missed the homework assignment 😂....Salisbury is trading at a big discount in the 6th spot with MrLau’s poll.
Booyah Dehunt,
As posted I'm ready to move both Salisbury and Denison up in ranking once NESCAC gets rolling. Odds are they'll both be final four teams.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MrLax2U wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:45 pmAs posted I'm ready to move both Salisbury and Denison up in ranking once NESCAC gets rolling. Odds are they'll both be final four teams.
Denison? They beat a W&L team that also lost to York. Is that such a harbinger?
Caddy Day
Dehuntshigwa’es

MrLax2U wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:45 pm
Booyah Dehunt,
As posted I'm ready to move both Salisbury and Denison up in ranking once NESCAC gets rolling. Odds are they'll both be final four teams.
[/quote
Both would be coming out of the Southern bracket so that’s your semi final game. I’m in on the Gulls but don’t see Denison getting to a semi this year. I watched the Denison/ W&L game. I thought the score was more indicative of W&L being young on D and down a bit than Denison being dominant.
Zonesurgeon

Post by Zonesurgeon »

This weekend is packed full of big game:

Lynchburg v Cabrini: 13-10
Gettysburg v Salisbury: 8-13
York v Stevenson: 14-12
RIT v Bates
Dickinson v Stevens
St. John Fisher v Ithaca

I think the Lynchburg v Cabrini and York v Stevenson will be the two most revealing games of the weekend. The Lynchburg Cabrini game will be important in letting us know how good Lynchburg really is, and also whether or not Cabrini is at the same level as they were last year. I personally do not think they are with the loss of one of the best attackman in the country. A somewhat tough matchup with Stevenson will tell us if York has maintained most of their firepower despite heavy graduations.

The Gettysburg Salisbury matchup is certainly a great game, but I think the outcome will be a decisive victory by Salisbury which wouldnt really do too much to shake up the top 20. Do not know much about the other three games I mentioned and would be curious to hear any insights you guys might have.
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Weekend predictions:

Lynchburg vs. Cabrini: 14-12
Gettysburg vs. Salisbury: 10-16
York vs. Stevenson: 13-9
W&L vs. WAC: 16-9
CNU vs. Hampden Sydney: 15-8
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

First post figured I'd make some predictions:

Lynchburg vs. Cabrini: 16-12 (Big game for both programs)
Gettysburg vs. Salisbury: 8-16 (Salisbury is just too dominant this year)
York vs. Stevenson: 12-9 (York's Defense wins this one)
W&L vs. WAC: 16-7 (WAC has a lot to prove, I just don't see them winning this one)
CNU vs. Hampden Sydney: 18-12 (Have to predict high scoring with this game)
Dickinson vs. Stevens: 13-8 (Dickinson loooked good against an uprising St. Mary's team)
As for some of those cold north games, I just can't make predictions without games played
Maggsedge

Post by Maggsedge »

Weekend predictions:

Lynchburg vs. Cabrini: 17-11 Lynchburg has figured themselves out now.
Gettysburg vs. Salisbury: 6-17 Gulls cruise through for a win
York vs. Stevenson: 14-13 York wins, but closer game then many would think. Stevenson coming off loss to Ursinus
W&L vs. WAC: 18-11 W&L, WAC drops off this year.
CNU vs. Hampden Sydney: 15-8 CNU
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Booyah Dehunt,
[/quote
Both would be coming out of the Southern bracket so that’s your semi final game. I’m in on the Gulls but don’t see Denison getting to a semi this year. I watched the Denison/ W&L game. I thought the score was more indicative of W&L being young on D and down a bit than Denison being dominant.
Hey Dehunt .... as MrLax reminded me earlier, we don’t have just North and South regions any longer, we have 5 regions now. So Denison won’t necessarily have a matchup with Salisbury in the Semis (if both programs are fortunate enough to get that far) as would have been the case most likely in the past .... short of one being shipped up to the North of course.

Can anyone explain how that’s going to play out now ....... i.e. is there going to be seedlings within each of the 5 regions and is it predetermined say that Region 1 will matchup against Region 2? Not sure how they going to work it with odd number of regions.

And as far as what Denison looked like vs W&L .... have a listen to this weeks Inside Lacrosse D3 podcast. They give Denison offensive a lot more props then you’re apparently willing to.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

#1 to 4 (Cabrini, Amherst, Williams & Tufts) stay the same; #5 Salisbury, #6 RIT and #7 Denison move up.

#8 Dickinson, #9 Ursinus and #10 CNU are interchangeable at this stage.

#11 Rhodes, #12 York and # 13 SJF are toss ups; SJF plays Denison Tuesday so something will change. Rhodes has a weak schedule remaining except for the Gulls so expect them to slip but make the Dance in May.

#14 Stevenson earned their place by skipping past York. Didn’t see any bench penalties against their coach.

#15 is WNEU with Coach K and his men.

#16 is LYN (1-2) scrappy, tough, fighters with a puncher’s chance I expect to see in May.

#17 is H-SC (2-1) Coach Rostan always in the ODAC hunt. Even with LYN.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Changes abound in my poll.

Transitive properties starting to move teams when their own results don’t themselves warrant it.

Interested in seeing how it shakes out.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Polls are due (Monday) at Midnight. The results will be posted on Tuesday by noon. If you want to become a Poll-er, just let us know.
Caddy Day
Dehuntshigwa’es

SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:59 am Let’s see how we do
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse- ... la-coaches
I'm pretty sure we won't list Rhodes as RV twice, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”