Washington College 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxfan0165

Re: Washington College 2020

Post by laxfan0165 »

veryoldgoose wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:56 pm Worst start in program history? 0-5.
Interesting how veryoldgoose laid the struggles of the 2018 season on the senior class at the time. Guess it is more than 1 class's fault.
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

laxfan0165 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:07 pm
veryoldgoose wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:56 pm Worst start in program history? 0-5.
Interesting how veryoldgoose laid the struggles of the 2018 season on the senior class at the time. Guess it is more than 1 class's fault.
You know what, you are right. I should be more positive. At least a lot of young guys are getting time! WAC still has the best facility in D3!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Illinois Wesleyan? Are you freaking kidding me?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Not just Illinois Wesleyan. But six unanswered goals by Illinois Wesleyan in the fourth quarter to win the game.
Wall Ball1

Post by Wall Ball1 »

You guys don't understand, Lacrosse is played outside of Maryland. You can find good players everywhere. I live west of the Mississippi and we love the sport as much as you do. A lot of east coast players are settling out here and teaching the kids the right way to play.
droliver

Post by droliver »

IL Wesleyan has been pretty good to very good in recent years, one of the better teams annually in the midwest, them beating Washington College right now isn't really an upset.
605lax

Post by 605lax »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:32 pm Not just Illinois Wesleyan. But six unanswered goals by Illinois Wesleyan in the fourth quarter to win the game.
I was at the game....WAC has solid players and a solid goalie. He was making a lot of saves on solid shot opportunities all throughout the game. IWU as mentioned in another post outside of Denison is probably the team to beat in the Midwest and that's if you consider the NCAC in the midwest...its kind of right on the edge of Midwest and East Coast. With that being said if you really want to go ahead and say losing to IWU is worthy of a "are you freaking kidding me?" then maybe you should realize that teams that don't have they "historical background" are fully capable of coming to your field and winning games because they are simply willing to outwork your team in and not think they're just going to win the game because of the name on the front of your jersey.

From looking at how WAC's previous games have gone this year and including this game, I'd say their inability to stop any kind of run is what kills them. Whether that's a coaching thing or a player thing, I can't really say. Either way in all their games this year it seems like WAC just disappears from a quarter or two of the game. It may seem obvious but especially in their conference...actually any conference unless the opponent can barely field a team YOU HAVE TO PLAY ALL 60 MINUTES. In the IWU game when IWU needed possessions they fought for every caused turnover and ground ball and that sparked the run that eventually decided the game.
laxfan0165

Post by laxfan0165 »

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers...

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”