ODAC 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Pitt12

Re: ODAC 2020

Post by Pitt12 »

FapTitan wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:45 am
FXLax wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:00 pm Faptitan

I’m sure HSC is solid this year like they usually are but Greensboro might make the tournament? They lost to Virginia Wesleyan 13 -5 a couple weeks ago. I think their chances of making the tournament are slim to none
Having actually watched them play, I feel pretty confident they will make the tournament. They play in a weak conference that has an automatic bid, and could definitely take their conference this year given how much better they have gotten. They look much better than last year, and last year they only lost by 3 to the team that eventually made the NCAA tournament. The coaching level is not quite there yet with some of the top programs, but the talent itself is almost there. This makes the HSC win look good, as they dominated a team that will likely win its conference. Going forward, I would be hesitant to knock teams you have not watched play.
[/quote

The team that made the NCAA tournament lost 23-2 to W&L. Not sure how this makes the HSC win look good? Fap I have also seen you comment on teams you have not watched play so going forward take your own advice.
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

You think D2 is better than D3, therefore your opinion is irrelevant.

Looking forward to this weekends games, we get our first weekend of conference play. Big statement game for HSC this Saturday. Expect a dominating win which will put the rest of the ODAC on alert. You know Lynchburg and W&L will be paying close attention to the outcome of that game as they look forward to their respective games against HSC later on in the season. I expect both those teams to easily handle their conference games this weekend.

Roanoke with a big OOC match up vs Dickinson. Starting to believe their first match up vs CNU was a little misleading. They played Denison tight (who is far better than Dickinson). Expect this one to be close as the young players for Roanoke get more comfortable.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

Lol...fan of all lacrosse Fap. Just calling you out for doing exactly what you advise against.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

I think this discussion demonstrates that being a "tournament team" in D3 lacrosse doesn't really have much significance.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

In what has to be a rare occurrence, Guilford had more lost faceoffs today (27) than total shots (26)
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Speaking of face-offs, Lynchburg went 4-27, Guilford 2-29, Ferrum 6-27, and Shenandoah 6-28

Lynchburg is at 27.1% for the season :shock:
Last edited by thescottharris on Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

CNU is getting better,( besting Stevenson) worried about the Generals in this one. Can’t say I have a lot of confidence in the Generals taking the Hornets even with a 70% Fogo. Still betting on 12 wins for W&L this year
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Saturday games went as expected.
Randy Mac moves to 6-0 on the season...Roanoke gave Dickinson a battle. Not sure if the maroons are improving or if the Red Devils rollercoaster season thus far found them off the rail?
W&L will improve and challenge LYN for the crown with HSC a tough out. The next 3 games for these 3 will be telling.

LYN FO woes is cringeworthy. 27.1%...WTH? Wings don’t get much of a chance since the losses are right off the clamp..2 Soph’s, 1 Freshman and 2 poles have rotated. Coach K even tried 3 poles at one point vs. York... Bridgewater won everything.. gave LYN 1 win on violation and stripped 2 after FOGO picked up GB.. Still 9-0 midway thru 2nd before Coach K began cycling in bench. Defense is good but the 3 losses to Sal, Cabrini and York are directly traced back to those extra possessions from FO losses. Defense seems to become overly aggressive to compensate and offense press on FBs often making poor decisions in turn get caught in transition the other way. Better teams have made them pay.. we’ll see if they can clean that up...
BTW, Bridgewater goalie is excellent. 19 saves some ridiculous at doorstep.

Looking forward to the battles between HSC, Roanoke, RMC and Bridgewater and maybe VA Wesleyan..
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

Good win for HSC this past weekend. Time to keep the streak going. They face a tough Cabrini team coming off a loss to Ithaca. No idea how Cabrini will show up today, but excited to see HSC try and make it back to back statement wins. The positional match up to watch will be the strong Cabrini defense vs the three headed monster on HSC attack. Excited to see who Tommy DeLuca matches up with as we have a chance to be in store for an AA versus AA matchup depending on how Cabrinis defense game plans.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Cab hammering HSC-9-1 with 2 left in 2nd Q.
We’ll see how HSC does against their bench in 4th..
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

HSC down 10-4 as we approach the end of the 3rd. Cabrini seems to be clicking while HSC is having one of their weaker games of the season. In typical fashion, the Philly refs are showing their home allegiance. HSC attack needs to take over and have a dominant 4th if they want to win.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

FapTitan wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:26 pm HSC down 10-4 as we approach the end of the 3rd. Cabrini seems to be clicking while HSC is having one of their weaker games of the season. In typical fashion, the Philly refs are showing their home allegiance. HSC attack needs to take over and have a dominant 4th if they want to win.
Penalties were 6-5. :roll:
Dehuntshigwa’es

NESCAC essentially shutting the season down, curious to see how history judges their decision. Talk about heartbreak for the players. Tufts will wonder after 4 games what might have been averaging 25 a game. Congrats to those players, coaches and staff for the hard work they endured to get ready for this season. Hope the ODAC goes slow on this
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:42 am NESCAC essentially shutting the season down, curious to see how history judges their decision. Talk about heartbreak for the players. Tufts will wonder after 4 games what might have been averaging 25 a game. Congrats to those players, coaches and staff for the hard work they endured to get ready for this season. Hope the ODAC goes slow on this
Randolph is extending spring break by a week and will be deciding next week if they will be going online or not.

There is a suspected case in Farmville from a Longwood student self-quarantining and H-SC sent an email today (I still don't know why H-SC emails are being forward to my gmail about but alas they are) saying they are making preparations to be able to go exclusively online should the situation arises where they would consider it.
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

Does H-SC win by default since they are the last of the ODAC schools to close?
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

ODAC season cancelled. Not surprising, over half the league has announced they are going online for the rest of the semester.

As far as I can tell, the ODAC schools that are currently still planning on returning to in-class instruction are Eastern Mennonite, Emory & Henry, Ferrum, and Sweet Briar
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Laxfan69 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:06 pm Does H-SC win by default since they are the last of the ODAC schools to close?
The last of the ODAC Lax schools would actually be Ferrum. They still haven’t announced they are going online for the rest of the semester.
Dehuntshigwa’es

thescottharris wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:14 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:42 am NESCAC essentially shutting the season down, curious to see how history judges their decision. Talk about heartbreak for the players. Tufts will wonder after 4 games what might have been averaging 25 a game. Congrats to those players, coaches and staff for the hard work they endured to get ready for this season. Hope the ODAC goes slow on this
Randolph is extending spring break by a week and will be deciding next week if they will be going online or not.

There is a suspected case in Farmville from a Longwood student self-quarantining and H-SC sent an email today (I still don't know why H-SC emails are being forward to my gmail about but alas they are) saying they are making preparations to be able to go exclusively online should the situation arises where they would consider it.
I couldn’t have been wrong in my life. Administrations did the right thing, never imagined it was going to get this bad.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:42 pm
thescottharris wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:14 pm

I couldn’t have been wrong in my life. Administrations did the right thing, never imagined it was going to get this bad.
It can be hard to visualize how quickly a virus can get out of hand when it’s highly contagious. And then once you realize it, it’s already too late - see Italy, New York.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

The petition to change the name of the city of Lynchburg is getting attention in the press, and momentum: https://www.wric.com/news/virginia-news ... e-renamed/.
Many Americans seem to be in the mood to tear down our history and start fresh. Makes one wonder what might happen to Lynchburg University? Or, even Washington & Lee?
The ODAC might look a lot different in 2021.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”