ODAC 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Re: ODAC 2020

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

HSC loses 4 or 5 poles and a couple attack. They also lost assistant coach Tommy Kesterman, LYN grad, who built their defense...LYN lost by a goal to them in FarmVille in 2018 and know not to underestimate them..
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:39 pm Could W&L and Lynchburg be overlooking HSC this season. They bring back essentially everyone including a great offensive player, an outstanding goalie and one of the top fogo’s in the country. Looking forward to the CNU game with them. They bit W&L in the ass a few years back when I thought W&L was clearly the better team. If my recollection is correct I think W&L’s save pct was about10% that day( not a misprint).HSC opens with Mary Washington, W&L with YORK and Lynchburg takes on what’s probably one of the top 3 teams in the country with Salisbury. Good luck boys !
I imagine this is still a building year for HSC. Their team still seems to be relatively young so hopefully they continue to grow and get back onto the map like they were in 2017. A HSC with wins over their OCC foes like Cabrini, CNU, and Stevens would do worlds for the ODAC in terms of end of the year placements and Pool C. The defense last year seemed very young and was not completely there in respect to communication, timing, etc.. which are all things that grow over the course of playing time together. Dehunt I too remember that game that shall never be spoken of with W&L making a combined 1 or 2 saves the whole game. Was not a fun game to watch.
ergit

Post by ergit »

I've seen LeMoyne first-hand in scrimmages and they are very good. Top D2 teams are as good as top D3 teams, the quality of teams just drops off faster in D2 after top 5 or 10.

Scrimmages are for evaluation. Scrimmage 'wins' are important to supporters of teams hoping to make the NCAA Tournament. For teams looking to win a National Championship, the entire season, bottom line, is about getting better and playing their best lacrosse to win the last three games of the Tournament, when the games are the most difficult and competitive.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:50 pm HSC loses 4 or 5 poles and a couple attack. They also lost assistant coach Tommy Kesterman, LYN grad, who built their defense...LYN lost by a goal to them in FarmVille in 2018 and know not to underestimate them..
Jay Rostan has seemed pretty excited about what he has on the defensive end when I’ve talked with him and is high on what the Tigers will able to do collectively on defense this year. Hitt and Wallace are back as starters and Ackaway was a primary backup that played in 18 of 19 games. He’s spoken pretty highly of two of the freshmen poles as well, has specifically said I would like them which hopefully that means they like getting physical because I’ve mentioned that numerous times haha.
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

thescottharris wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:18 pm
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:50 pm HSC loses 4 or 5 poles and a couple attack. They also lost assistant coach Tommy Kesterman, LYN grad, who built their defense...LYN lost by a goal to them in FarmVille in 2018 and know not to underestimate them..
Jay Rostan has seemed pretty excited about what he has on the defensive end when I’ve talked with him and is high on what the Tigers will able to do collectively on defense this year. Hitt and Wallace are back as starters and Ackaway was a primary backup that played in 18 of 19 games. He’s spoken pretty highly of two of the freshmen poles as well, has specifically said I would like them which hopefully that means they like getting physical because I’ve mentioned that numerous times haha.
I hope Jay has got some new tricks up his sleeve because after watching that attempt of a zone HSC ran last year they could surely use it. Also clearing seemed to be an issue, I remember watching the W&L game where it was 13-1 in the 3rd quarter, and HSC had 25 TOs and was 60% on clears. But hey, they now have one more year of experience so maybe I'll be biting my tongue later on this season but I won't be holding my breath.
smmtiger

Post by smmtiger »

I hope Jay has got some new tricks up his sleeve because after watching that attempt of a zone HSC ran last year they could surely use it. Also clearing seemed to be an issue, I remember watching the W&L game where it was 13-1 in the 3rd quarter, and HSC had 25 TOs and was 60% on clears. But hey, they now have one more year of experience so maybe I'll be biting my tongue later on this season but I won't be holding my breath.
[/quote]

Funny you remember that game because I seem to remember more vividly a game in Lexington the year before where your Generals tried everything but bringing out Traveller's buried corpse and putting it in goal because none of your keepers could stop anything. The common thread between both is they were in the past, so neither have any bearing on the upcoming season.
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

smmtiger wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:11 pm I hope Jay has got some new tricks up his sleeve because after watching that attempt of a zone HSC ran last year they could surely use it. Also clearing seemed to be an issue, I remember watching the W&L game where it was 13-1 in the 3rd quarter, and HSC had 25 TOs and was 60% on clears. But hey, they now have one more year of experience so maybe I'll be biting my tongue later on this season but I won't be holding my breath.
Funny you remember that game because I seem to remember more vividly a game in Lexington the year before where your Generals tried everything but bringing out Traveller's buried corpse and putting it in goal because none of your keepers could stop anything. The common thread between both is they were in the past, so neither have any bearing on the upcoming season.
[/quote]

Funny, the game a year before that the Generals won pretty easily 15-10. You must be thinking of the previous year before that one. But hey once in a while you gotta let the little man have one so that they feel like they can run with the big boys. Good luck to both teams this season but one a little bit more.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

thescottharris wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:18 pm
Correction, Ackaway was actually the starting LSM. Only game he didn’t “start” (since NCAA star rules say started are your GK and top line attack, midfield, and defense) was a game he missed due to illness.
Zonesurgeon

Post by Zonesurgeon »

smmtiger you just got roasted :lol: can't even get your facts straight. You and your program are softer than my stool
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

Hmmm, soft stools? Better have that checked out.
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

All you W&L fan boys are so damn soft it's rediculous. Never learned how to keep your mouth shut and are consistently obnoxious. You guys are going to have a rude awakening for you when Medwar and the rest of the pump you guys for a Tigers win.
Tactful Lax

Post by Tactful Lax »

None of you ODAC boys could win the CAC.
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Tactful Lax wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:12 pm None of you ODAC boys could win the CAC.
Nobody asked.
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

On a different note, ODAC pre-season poll is out, thoughts?
1. University of Lynchburg (8) 98 pts.
2. Washington and Lee University (3) 93 pts.
3. Hampden-Sydney College 79 pts.
4. Roanoke College 71 pts.
5. Randolph-Macon College 69 pts.
6. Bridgewater College 55 pts.
7. Shenandoah University 41 pts.
8. Guilford College 35 pts.
8. Virginia Wesleyan University 35 pts.
10. Ferrum College 15 pts.
11. Randolph College 14 pts.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

dingdongdman wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:16 pm
Tactful Lax wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:12 pm None of you ODAC boys could win the CAC.
Nobody asked.
They could win a scrimmage.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

dingdongdman wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:17 pm On a different note, ODAC pre-season poll is out, thoughts?
1. University of Lynchburg (8) 98 pts.
2. Washington and Lee University (3) 93 pts.
3. Hampden-Sydney College 79 pts.
4. Roanoke College 71 pts.
5. Randolph-Macon College 69 pts.
6. Bridgewater College 55 pts.
7. Shenandoah University 41 pts.
8. Guilford College 35 pts.
8. Virginia Wesleyan University 35 pts.
10. Ferrum College 15 pts.
11. Randolph College 14 pts.
Like the 1 thru 6 rankings, anything after that I think is a pick em. I do think it’s between Lynchburg and W&L for the title. HSC maybe a year away from putting up a real challenge but hope they can get some big OOC wins and top 20 ranking. Both Lynchburg’s and W&L’s strengths lie in their midfield units. I have to tilt towards the Generals once again until Lynchburg can solve the Hodgson problem, he’s been at 60+%. Can Randy Mac take down Noke again this year. Good luck everyone
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smmtiger

Post by smmtiger »

FapTitan wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:09 pm All you W&L fan boys are so damn soft it's rediculous. Never learned how to keep your mouth shut and are consistently obnoxious. You guys are going to have a rude awakening for you when Medwar and the rest of the pump you guys for a Tigers win.
Btw, the game I was referring to was the ODAC semis where HSC did, in fact, open a huge can on your tails. But I can easily understand why you'd want to forget that one.
smmtiger

Post by smmtiger »

FapTitan wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:09 pm All you W&L fan boys are so damn soft it's rediculous. Never learned how to keep your mouth shut and are consistently obnoxious. You guys are going to have a rude awakening for you when Medwar and the rest of the pump you guys for a Tigers win.
It's understandable that they are a little salty. They're not even the best program in Lexington. Hopefully, this season gives you a nice little jumpstart for next year's Lee-Jackson.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

LYN loss at HSC in 2018 still hurts. So does last years ODAC final. Both final second goals..
Good luck tomorrow.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Pitt12 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:41 pm
dingdongdman wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:16 pm
Nobody asked.
They could win a scrimmage.
:lol:

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”