Who would have won it?

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Gorilla Fan

Who would have won it?

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Was only a few weeks in, and barely started for some teams up North.

Based on early season results, was there an obvious choice?
D2fan

Re: Who would have won it?

Post by D2fan »

I felt Mercyhurst and Le Moyne were on a collision course in the North. Both were well coached and finding ways to win.
I didn't see Seton Hill play, but them, Adelphi, and Mercy would have been in play.

South was a little more tricky. Tampa, Belmont Abbey, Lenoir Rhyne and Limestone were the cream of the crop.

With Dickerson at 85% at the F/O X, I felt like this could have been Tampa's year.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I’m not saying who would’ve won it, but I don’t think Tampa would have gotten past Lindenwood. LU has beaten them two of the last three years, and they have a senior pole that ate Dickerson for lunch last year.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
laxfan4all

Post by laxfan4all »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:01 pm I’m not saying who would’ve won it, but I don’t think Tampa would have gotten past Lindenwood. LU has beaten them two of the last three years, and they have a senior pole that ate Dickerson for lunch last year.
Must have been eating lean cuisines. According to box score LU was 4-22 on FO
cowboylax

Post by cowboylax »

Lindenwood barely beat Florida Tech!
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

laxfan4all wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:50 am
WhiteCarrera wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:01 pm I’m not saying who would’ve won it, but I don’t think Tampa would have gotten past Lindenwood. LU has beaten them two of the last three years, and they have a senior pole that ate Dickerson for lunch last year.
Must have been eating lean cuisines. According to box score LU was 4-22 on FO
As soon as I hit "submit" I knew I'd have to defend that stat line, and that's okay. Even though stat sheets can be wildly inaccurate, those faceoff numbers are correct, but I'd invite you to watch the film as well. I'm gonna stand by my statement.

After about 20 minutes, Tampa led 6-2, and faceoffs were 8-1 in their favor. Dickerson was dominating.
LU switched to LSM at faceoffs (you may beat him once; you won't beat him twice).
From that point on, Dickerson continued to win quick possessions (thus the stat line), before being stripped just as quickly. Accurate stats would've given him 6-7 turnovers as well.
The final 40 minutes, Lindenwood outscored Tampa 8-3, and won 10-9.

And if you don't accept that explanation, then you're left arguing that Dickerson won 80+% and Lindenwood still beat them.

Not yet to the season mid-point, a lot of teams were headed for some big games, and no doubt Lindenwood - Tampa could have been a good rematch in the playoffs.

An interesting side note -- Lynn's FOGO is arguably as good as Dickerson, and before last month's Lindenwood game even started, Lynn coaches were working the officials to protect him if LU went to their pole. Lindenwood never made the change, Lynn's FOGO won 75%, and LU won the game 16-8. The most disappointed player in the stadium that day was Lindenwood's pole, because he didn't get to have any fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QblkQ-J6zio
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Torturous to read this thread. I want games...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Agreed - boredom leads to too much time for this. Yesterday I actually watched part of the England v. Wales rugby match!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I say torturous not because it's not an interesting question but because it's March and i want to see these teams play in order to answer the question.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:38 pm I say torturous not because it's not an interesting question but because it's March and i want to see these teams play in order to answer the question.
Yep
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

It was shaping up to be a great D2 season! A lot of parity! Not sure who would have won it.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”