Young Harris lacrosse

D2 Mens Lacrosse
RedFromMI

Re: Young Harris lacrosse

Post by RedFromMI »

dberglax wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:21 pm They did win the GLVC regular season 2 years ago. Not that far fetched to believe they could win the conference. No one said win the NCAA, but they win conference they would get in. Anything could happen at that point...
NO - a conference tourney win comes with no AQ - does not exist in DII Men's Lax. Gotta be one of the top performing teams by the measures the committee uses...
dberglax

Post by dberglax »

thanks RED. I figured if you beat Lindenwood, Rockhurst, and INDY you might have a pretty decent shot. Now one will know now. St Leo made a nice run a couple of years back.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

dberglax wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:48 pm thanks RED. I figured if you beat Lindenwood, Rockhurst, and INDY you might have a pretty decent shot. Now one will know now. St Leo made a nice run a couple of years back.
No question it might put you in the top 20 or even top 10, but unless you build a decent non-conference schedule it may be for naught. But that would get you close for sure.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I'm not going to knock anyone's goals or aspirations, and I can agree with dberg that they probably had their sights set on competing for conference titles and making an impact. I'd even say that you should expect that of a team. After all, they were a combined 19-11 in 2018-19 (though much better in 18 from the games I personally saw).

Anyway, this debacle has set them back lightyears, and the way their admin cast all the blame on the players was pathetic. Even if that's where the blame truly laid (and I don't believe that for a second), the admin should have never presented it the way they did. Why would anyone in the world want to take that job, and put your faith in that AD and administration?
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:47 pm I'm not going to knock anyone's goals or aspirations, and I can agree with dberg that they probably had their sights set on competing for conference titles and making an impact. I'd even say that you should expect that of a team. After all, they were a combined 19-11 in 2018-19 (though much better in 18 from the games I personally saw).

Anyway, this debacle has set them back lightyears, and the way their admin cast all the blame on the players was pathetic. Even if that's where the blame truly laid (and I don't believe that for a second), the admin should have never presented it the way they did. Why would anyone in the world want to take that job, and put your faith in that AD and administration?
As more begins to surface, I’m beginning to agree with d berg. 3 coaches in one year, they all can’t be wrong. Sounds like the AD is in over her head.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

I just learned YHC has turned down 2 candidates with a wealth of experience. 1 with 10 plus years D2 and D3 experience and the other with 15 plus years D1, D2, and D3 experience. I’m told pay was lower then the average and scholarships have been cut significantly for the program. I’m not sure what YHC is looking for but I’m curious to see which direction they take this team.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

River Donkey wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:43 pm I just learned YHC has turned down 2 candidates with a wealth of experience. 1 with 10 plus years D2 and D3 experience and the other with 15 plus years D1, D2, and D3 experience. I’m told pay was lower then the average and scholarships have been cut significantly for the program. I’m not sure what YHC is looking for but I’m curious to see which direction they take this team.
I also know of a D2 First Assistant that was passed on as well. He has 5+ Years of experience, Coaches for a Ranked program, and part of that experience was being building a program from the ground. Scholarships were discussed to be a competitive discount rate model. Seem's that they have a very specific type of Coach in mind for the opportunity. With the current climate of College athletics, on top of the programs reputation, I don't think there expectations are realistic!
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

This coaching search is possibly the most public/well leaked search I have ever seen...

Also saw this today:

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/138922 ... osse-coach

*Posted TODAY*
LaxManiax

Post by LaxManiax »

boredatwork wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:09 pm This coaching search is possibly the most public/well leaked search I have ever seen...

Also saw this today:

*Posted TODAY*
Ill be honest this means they haven't even started interviews. I've posted jobs on NCAA job board, the post has to come from someone within the Department. Its not like LinkedIn where it can show up weeks later from a random job board. This was just posted yesterday which leads me to believe the department isnt trying to find someone fast to field a team for 2022. Clock is ticking. Further you get into the fall your missing out on 100s of recruits each week.

My guess is they are just going to find someone like UAH did. Someone who can come in keep their head down and recruit 20 mid-low level kids each year and hope to retain 1/3 of that each year. Typical D2 mentality in this conference group. ADs have clearly talked to one another and have a game plan here. If I was a coach or a player I wouldn't touch any of these schools with a ten foot pole.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

LaxManiax wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:45 am
boredatwork wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:09 pm This coaching search is possibly the most public/well leaked search I have ever seen...

Also saw this today:

*Posted TODAY*
Ill be honest this means they haven't even started interviews. I've posted jobs on NCAA job board, the post has to come from someone within the Department. Its not like LinkedIn where it can show up weeks later from a random job board. This was just posted yesterday which leads me to believe the department isnt trying to find someone fast to field a team for 2022. Clock is ticking. Further you get into the fall your missing out on 100s of recruits each week.

My guess is they are just going to find someone like UAH did. Someone who can come in keep their head down and recruit 20 mid-low level kids each year and hope to retain 1/3 of that each year. Typical D2 mentality in this conference group. ADs have clearly talked to one another and have a game plan here. If I was a coach or a player I wouldn't touch any of these schools with a ten foot pole.
Another “Heads in beds” school. Unfortunately majority of D2 teams in the south follow this model.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Laxguy22

Post by Laxguy22 »

Rumor has it that they are reaching out to potential candidates for this job and not just waiting on people to apply. Wonder who in D2 could be a good fit they’re talking to..
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Translation -- "No one is applying for, or staying interested in, the job once they know the deal. We better start reaching out to see if we can convince someone to come here!"

...and it's really too bad. I saw that team in 2018 and 2019, and they were solid (not great, but not terrible). It was a decent campus, a little isolated, but plenty to work with.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Laxguy22 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:52 am Rumor has it that they are reaching out to potential candidates for this job and not just waiting on people to apply. Wonder who in D2 could be a good fit they’re talking to..
Any idea the coaches they’re reaching out too?! Without giving up names... I’ve heard they’ve had on campus interviews. Seems like they’re moving quickly. If they can get someone who can recruit YH seems to be a place with potential. They’re other programs are competitive or ranked on campus, and a lot of their coaches were first time Head Coaches who are having success their now!
Laxguy22

Post by Laxguy22 »

No specifics. I do think it was a pretty tenured assistant from the north region. I believe their on campus interviews are done and we should be hearing shortly. From everything I have heard it seems like the University is backing the program pretty well with scholarships & funding. Just need someone to live in GA mountains.
StuckinD2 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:16 pm
Laxguy22 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:52 am Rumor has it that they are reaching out to potential candidates for this job and not just waiting on people to apply. Wonder who in D2 could be a good fit they’re talking to..
Any idea the coaches they’re reaching out too?! Without giving up names... I’ve heard they’ve had on campus interviews. Seems like they’re moving quickly. If they can get someone who can recruit YH seems to be a place with potential. They’re other programs are competitive or ranked on campus, and a lot of their coaches were first time Head Coaches who are having success their now!
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Laxguy22 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:37 pm No specifics. I do think it was a pretty tenured assistant from the north region. I believe their on campus interviews are done and we should be hearing shortly. From everything I have heard it seems like the University is backing the program pretty well with scholarships & funding. Just need someone to live in GA mountains.
Desko? Lopes?
Whoever it is, I hope it works out for the sake of D2 and Georgia lacrosse. Either of these 2 would be a home run for YHC.
Laxguy22

Post by Laxguy22 »

I believe that SHU assistant has turned down the job. Not sure who else is in the running for the HC opportunity.
River Donkey wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:54 pm
Laxguy22 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:37 pm No specifics. I do think it was a pretty tenured assistant from the north region. I believe their on campus interviews are done and we should be hearing shortly. From everything I have heard it seems like the University is backing the program pretty well with scholarships & funding. Just need someone to live in GA mountains.
Desko? Lopes?
Whoever it is, I hope it works out for the sake of D2 and Georgia lacrosse. Either of these 2 would be a home run for YHC.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Laxguy22 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:03 am I believe that SHU assistant has turned down the job. Not sure who else is in the running for the HC opportunity.
Desko? Lopes?
As is in Seton Hill?
Laxguy22

Post by Laxguy22 »

yes
StuckinD2 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:16 am
Laxguy22 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:03 am I believe that SHU assistant has turned down the job. Not sure who else is in the running for the HC opportunity.
Desko? Lopes?
As is in Seton Hill?
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Interesting, I wonder why he passed. I know that YHC has passed on a tenured Assistant Coach from an ECC school. I hope they get this hire right, to get YHC back on track in some fashion.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”