Hartsville Shooting

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Hartsville Shooting

Post by Matnum PI »

A third person has died as a result of the shooting at a Hartsville (SC) nightclub on Sunday.

Garrett Bakhsh, 18, a student at Coker University from Maryland (Hereford HS), died at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, according to Darlington County Coroner J Todd Hardee.

Garrett was a member of the Lacrosse Team at Coker and a criminal justice major, according to the school’s website. The lacrosse team’s first game is scheduled for Sunday in Hartsville.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
RedFromMI

Re: Hartsville Shooting

Post by RedFromMI »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:52 pm A third person has died as a result of the shooting at a Hartsville (SC) nightclub on Sunday.

Garrett Bakhsh, 18, a student at Coker University from Maryland (Hereford HS), died at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, according to Darlington County Coroner J Todd Hardee.

Garrett was a member of the Lacrosse Team at Coker and a criminal justice major, according to the school’s website. The lacrosse team’s first game is scheduled for Sunday in Hartsville.
Sad. And only two blocks from the Applebees that my wife and I would occasionally take my daughter to when we visited her in school (she went to the residential SC Governor's School for Math and Science which is next to the Coker Campus).
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

awful...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

So Sad.

At 18 years old he was likely a freshman. These were the things I worried about when my son went away. Wrong place, wrong time.
bmorelax

Post by bmorelax »

He was a freshman and a 2019 grad of Hereford High School in Maryland.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

bmorelax wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:52 pm He was a freshman and a 2019 grad of Hereford High School in Maryland.
According to one article I read, he was in his first semester at Coker.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Due to the death, Limestone announced that the season opener (for the Saints) between the two teams will be cancelled. This games was scheduled for Saturday February 8. The game will not be made up.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:55 pm Due to the death, Limestone announced that the season opener (for the Saints) between the two teams will be cancelled. This games was scheduled for Saturday February 8. The game will not be made up.
Reason given to me later was that the funeral is scheduled just before that Saturday, and I am sure several team members/coaching staff may wish to attend that.
bmorelax

Post by bmorelax »

The funeral is Friday.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”