West Coast D2 future powerhouse

D2 Mens Lacrosse
River Donkey

West Coast D2 future powerhouse

Post by River Donkey »

Brian Silcott hired as HC of NDNU is huge for D2 out west. Keep an eye on that program.
seventy7

Re: West Coast D2 future powerhouse

Post by seventy7 »

While I'm sure we are all for the growth of collegiate lacrosse and Div II as a whole, I would pump the breaks on this being "huge" and needing to watch them rise...

NDNU has never had a season with a record higher than .500 winning percentage and they have a combined record of 15-49 in the past 5 years.

I will hold my breathe on this so called future powerhouse.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

seventy7 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 am While I'm sure we are all for the growth of collegiate lacrosse and Div II as a whole, I would pump the breaks on this being "huge" and needing to watch them rise...

NDNU has never had a season with a record higher than .500 winning percentage and they have a combined record of 15-49 in the past 5 years.

I will hold my breathe on this so called future powerhouse.
Just remember where you heard it first.
seventy7

Post by seventy7 »

NDNU Cancels 2020 Season
https://ndnuargos.com/news/2020/1/30/nd ... -2021.aspx

..... *crickets*
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Disappointing but understandable. The roster was down to 15 players and had been declining for the last three seasons. Maybe knowing they will have a conference home will help in recruiting for next year. Although it's very rare, other schools have done this in various sports. Just last year Upper Iowa was supposed to have their first season of women's lax but postponed to this year due to the small roster.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

leeatu wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:16 pm Disappointing but understandable. The roster was down to 15 players and had been declining for the last three seasons. Maybe knowing they will have a conference home will help in recruiting for next year. Although it's very rare, other schools have done this in various sports. Just last year Upper Iowa was supposed to have their first season of women's lax but postponed to this year due to the small roster.
Everyone that is eligible gets a redshirt year, and if they can get that roster to 25-30 they have a chance. Chances would improve if more of the West Coast DII programs would actually have lax...
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:24 pm
leeatu wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:16 pm Disappointing but understandable. The roster was down to 15 players and had been declining for the last three seasons. Maybe knowing they will have a conference home will help in recruiting for next year. Although it's very rare, other schools have done this in various sports. Just last year Upper Iowa was supposed to have their first season of women's lax but postponed to this year due to the small roster.
Everyone that is eligible gets a redshirt year, and if they can get that roster to 25-30 they have a chance. Chances would improve if more of the West Coast DII programs would actually have lax...
Definitely agree. Dominican (CA) was varsity through the 2014 season. It would be nice if they can bring it back and join NDNU in the RMAC; that would mostly re-form the old WILA.
LaxManiax

Post by LaxManiax »

Heard from a former player that the school is about to announce its closing due to low enrollment. If athletes got wind of that prior to the season I can see why they would can the year. I don't except a new west coast D2 powerhouse rising up anytime soon.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

According to the NCAA Transfer Portal NDNU is discontinuing all athletics

https://ndnuargos.com/news/2020/3/23/ge ... -2020.aspx

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”