CAA 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Colonial Athletic Association 2020

Post by 10stone5 »

So its over.
I’m guessing CAA fulfills their obligations this week,
and then closes shop.
Can’t see a scenario where everyone else continues on where the Ivies are totally shut down.
A shame that a few a wholes have to decide things for everyone else.
Too bad seniors.
Tough luck :oops:
10stone5

Re: Colonial Athletic Association 2021

Post by 10stone5 »

A lot of great seniors.
Hope some make it back.
-Charlie Kitchen
-Matt DeLuca
-Ryan Tierney
-Dylan Beckwith
-Jeff Trainor
-Matt Varian
-Reid Bowering
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

Anyone want to compile a short-season All-CAA Team? I realize the relative strength/weakness of OOC schedules makes a big difference with the stats, but let's have some fun. Here are some names from Hofstra to consider:

A Ryan Tierney (5.0 ppg, second to Fairfield's Dylan Beckworth with 6.0)

FO Brian Herber (.626, 13th best in D1)

LSM Michael Altmann (probably more points than any other defensive player in the CAA)

D Eric Wenz (1.71 CT per game, behind Owen Grant of Delaware with 2.00 and Sean Quinn of Drexel with 2.17)

G Bobby Casey (.580 SP & 9.49 GAA, second to Delaware's Ben Deluca with .580 & 8.78)

Some FR to watch: A Colton Rudd, M Brian Sheridan, M Justin Sykes
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I like Tierney - Beckwith at attack.
Not sure about the third but I’ll go with Kitchen.
Projecting a bit, but would project that Kitchen’s more physical style from playing box, he would have picked it up in CAA play.
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

giving extra year for seniors will get convoluted - will the ncaa allow the rosters to expand ? if not how many seniors do you extend considering there must be spots for incoming freshman? be interesting to see how this plays out
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

Will this situation lead to a rush in PG's, even at this late date?
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Nassaufan wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:23 pm Anyone want to compile a short-season All-CAA Team? I realize the relative strength/weakness of OOC schedules makes a big difference with the stats, but let's have some fun. Here are some names from Hofstra to consider:

A Ryan Tierney (5.0 ppg, second to Fairfield's Dylan Beckworth with 6.0)

FO Brian Herber (.626, 13th best in D1)

LSM Michael Altmann (probably more points than any other defensive player in the CAA)

D Eric Wenz (1.71 CT per game, behind Owen Grant of Delaware with 2.00 and Sean Quinn of Drexel with 2.17)

G Bobby Casey (.580 SP & 9.49 GAA, second to Delaware's Ben Deluca with .580 & 8.78)

Some FR to watch: A Colton Rudd, M Brian Sheridan, M Justin Sykes

A lot of top freshmen.
Mike Robinson, Bryce Ford, Justin Sykes,
the freshmen goalie and face off man from UMass.

Many more top frosh coming next year.
Unfortunate for some, there will be a back up, a lot of returning seniors.
But, UMass looks like they have a top class, Drexel believe it or not, the Tucker Durkin influence on getting top defensemen, with a good class.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:41 pm A lot of great seniors.
Hope some make it back.
-Charlie Kitchen
-Matt DeLuca
-Ryan Tierney
-Dylan Beckwith
-Jeff Trainor
-Matt Varian
-Reid Bowering
Who comes back ?

I can’t see why DeLuca, Kitchen and Tierney don’t make it back. Delaware has great graduate programs, another year could help Kitchen if he wants to go the pro box route. Tierney is the coaches son and could take advantage before going pro field, where Tierney looks like he could excel.

Varian already is in 5th year, he redshirted, so he could be done, Bowering is going to be a top 10 transition/D NLL pick, so looks like he moves on.

Beckwith, Trainor, they come back, I can’t see why not all else being equal.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:41 pm
A lot of great seniors.
Hope some make it back.

-Charlie Kitchen
-Matt DeLuca

-Ryan Tierney

-Dylan Beckwith
-Jeff Trainor
-Matt Varian
-Reid Bowering
Ryan Tierney is returning.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:44 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:41 pm
A lot of great seniors.
Hope some make it back.

-Charlie Kitchen
-Matt DeLuca

-Ryan Tierney

-Dylan Beckwith
-Jeff Trainor
-Matt Varian
-Reid Bowering
Ryan Tierney is returning.
Can’t find the blurb, but it looks as if promising soph Whit Stopak is out, transferring.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I need a caa opponent on my hobart schedule next spring. Would prefer not Hofstra or Towson for no reason in specific, but who’s got some flexibility in sched next year? UMass, Del, Drexel? We have played Fairfield a lot this Millenium so throw them with Tow/Hof, but any would be fine.

I gots to get my boys back out of state beyond Cornell/Syracuse fixtures. We’ve had so many conf and non conf opponents over the years (been in PL, ECAC from 98-2013 and have had MD, UVA, PTon, Brown, GTown, Harvard, OSU, PSU, Mich, RU, And many others as both conference and non conference opponents most years until very recently) and miss the mix.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 pm I need a caa opponent on my hobart schedule next spring. Would prefer not Hofstra or Towson for no reason in specific, but who’s got some flexibility in sched next year? UMass, Del, Drexel? We have played Fairfield a lot this Millenium so throw them with Tow/Hof, but any would be fine.

I gots to get my boys back out of state beyond Cornell/Syracuse fixtures. We’ve had so many conf and non conf opponents over the years (been in PL, ECAC from 98-2013 and have had MD, UVA, PTon, Brown, GTown, Harvard, OSU, PSU, Mich, RU, And many others as both conference and non conference opponents most years until very recently) and miss the mix.
Fairfield, Delaware, Drexel, but they each have two NEC teams already so they’d have to probably swap out one — they each have openings in the schedule, I’d go with Fairfield, Drexel as most likely.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I mean don’t you want a trip up to bucolic Geneva in Seneca Lake in March for a home and away?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Dylan Pallonetti looks to be transferring.
I wonder if UMass will give him another look,
4 full years left for Pallonetti.
Henpecked

Re: Colonial Athletic Association 2020

Post by Henpecked »

Henpecked wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:10 pm 10 Stone5

This is going to sound terrible but UMass didn't need Pallonetti this year. Maybe next year but not now. And when exactly is Pallonetti going to get on the field for the Terps? There are like 10 guys in front of him on the depth chart at middie and attack, and most are going to be around for two more seasons. On top of that, Tillman will bring in at least three transfers and six top 100 offensive recruits each year that Dylan stays in College Park.

35 guys got in the game for Maryland in the 23 to 12 opening bludgeoning of High Point. THIRTY FIVE, He was not one of them. Maybe he’s injured? I don’t know.

Pallonetti is a very good player. Saw him play a couple games last year. But there are hundreds of very good players coming into the league every year. And UMass gets its fair share of them. My $.02
It is bad form to @yourself or quote yourself, but here I go anyway. This was my take on Pallonetti back on February 5th. I stand by my assertion that he could not get on the field in College Park. I do believe that he could help UMass though. Not sure if Trainor is coming back but he could provide the Minutemen with another very good offensive threat.
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

UMASS? why not the pride???
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

hofpride wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:47 pm UMASS? why not the pride???
Yup,
why not ?

Pallonetti added to some already talented freshmen and sophomores would certainly benefit from Tierney’s leadership.
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

Delaware getting two big pieces back with Kitchen and Shaw both announcing they are returning in 2021.
https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/04/14/d ... xtra-year/
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Kitchen will be back.

Some potential changes on the coaching side, a lot of Hopkins alumni among the CAA coaches, Voelker, Tucker Durkin, Steven Boyle, Tierney, Nadelen — I’d sure expect some fallout among the coaching ranks.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”