Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: Navy 2020

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Someone should ask Amplo if he found a copy of Reef Points.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

A non-lacrosse USNA question: a family friend's son is in the Navy Athletics hall of fame. They'll be in the Annapolis area and were wondering if it's worth a short foray, since they will be in town, to visit the Hall of Fame. They are easygoing people who like sports and they won't be expecting any sort of major exhibit for their son or his sport or overall (they were happy just to see his name in a list online), but they were tickled to learn he'd been inducted and always enjoy their time in Annapolis and on the Yard. I see that the Hall of Fame is listed as being in Lejeune Hall. I'm assuming it's probably open during normal visiting hours on the Yard but I will call to confirm. As is obvious, I've never been myself but would probably accompany them. Any tips? Is it worth it (given that they are not expecting anything fancy)?

Thanks!
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

That leads to:

https://www.usnabsd.com/for-visitors/

I highly recommend the guided tours too. I haven’t taken one, but I had a lot of fun with an LP member on a behind the scenes tour. Finally got to see that xx foot platform in the rafters that you had to jump off of. JFC.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Orfling,
FWTW, was inducted into high school and different Academy HOF's. Missed both probably over stupidity. It is an honor and achievement and if I had a do over I would. Good luck to the young man.....it is an achievement.
NoLeft

Post by NoLeft »

The Orfling wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:35 pm A non-lacrosse USNA question: a family friend's son is in the Navy Athletics hall of fame. They'll be in the Annapolis area and were wondering if it's worth a short foray, since they will be in town, to visit the Hall of Fame. They are easygoing people who like sports and they won't be expecting any sort of major exhibit for their son or his sport or overall (they were happy just to see his name in a list online), but they were tickled to learn he'd been inducted and always enjoy their time in Annapolis and on the Yard. I see that the Hall of Fame is listed as being in Lejeune Hall. I'm assuming it's probably open during normal visiting hours on the Yard but I will call to confirm. As is obvious, I've never been myself but would probably accompany them. Any tips? Is it worth it (given that they are not expecting anything fancy)?

Thanks!
The HoF is in Lejeune Hall which is right across the street from the Visitor's entrance off Randall Street. I recommend parking at the Noah Hillman parking garage then walking past the harbor to the entrance. Security checks are TSA-like. No weapons. In a post a few above, the link said a RealID was required (???) So a Passport may be required if you don't have one yet. Once leaving the visitors security check, go across the street, past Bill the Goat and up the ramp to 2nd floor of Lejeune. Turn left and follow the hallway; the HoF photos soon follow....They are now collected by sport, not year......
Go Navy!
old salt

Post by old salt »

Real ID is a drivers license that his TSA compliant.
If you're not sure, most have a star on the front.
If your state isn't yet, whatever picture ID you use with TSA should get you in.
https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Thanks, all -- I really appreciate all the tips/info. I've got a REAL ID compliant license but will check with my friends so that they can bring a passport if need be.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

No posts in a week, so here’s one for Navy humor.

This happened in the past few days, and I’m still howling.

We’re standing in a p-way, waiting for a helo, and two guys decide they better hit the head. One is in a stall, the other at a urinal. I didn’t directly witness what happened, but I witnessed the aftermath.

Apparently, one guy does a courtesy flush, and the guy standing at the urinal suddenly hears CHT gurgle and then a volcanic eruption from the urinal blows away the cake and he gets hit from the chest down to his hand and member.

He starts yelling “I’ve been pooed! I’ve been hit by the poo!”

He washes up, off, and makes his way down the p-way bitching about being hit by the poo. Was probably just his own urine, but still, this isn’t good.

So, he’s ranting about CHT. “I just got hit with 40 years of sailor urine!”

Then he said something about being glad that it wasn’t Monday because of what else might have been in there... think about that for a few minutes. He’s probably right. Disgusting but right.

People are asking him if he’s okay, did he get hit in the face (no).

And then the all time quote:

“I just caught the clap from nine foreign countries!”

True story. LMAO.

Holy cow, I effing love the Navy.

And the Navy loves effing me.

Happy holidays from Planet Wombat!
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:09 pm No posts in a week, so here’s one for Navy humor.

We’re standing in a p-way, waiting for a helo, and two guys decide they better hit the head. One is in a stall, the other at a urinal. I didn’t directly witness what happened, but I witnessed the aftermath.

Apparently, one guy does a courtesy flush, and the guy standing at the urinal suddenly hears CHT gurgle and then a volcanic eruption from the urinal blows away the cake and he gets hit from the chest down to his hand and member.

He washes up, off, and makes his way down the p-way bitching about being hit by the poo. Was probably just his own urine, but still, this isn’t good.

Then he said something about being glad that it wasn’t Monday because of what else might have been in there... think about that for a few minutes. He’s probably right. Disgusting but right.

True story. LMAO.

Pretty funny story.

Cruiser or LCS?

Happy Holidays Old Friend.

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:29 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:09 pm No posts in a week, so here’s one for Navy humor.

True story. LMAO.

Pretty funny story.

Cruiser or LCS?

Happy Holidays Old Friend.

DocBarrister ;)
I can’t reveal much more than I said.

I did see him today and asked him if he had seen a doctor.

I have the GPS coordinates of your lemon stumps.

Happy holidays to you too. Hope all is well.

W
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Go Navy
Beat Army :!:

today
DMac

Post by DMac »

....and they did. Convincingly!!
Gotta love the Army-Navy game.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Best game day uni's, ever. Both teams.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Order is restored.
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:12 pm Best game day uni's, ever. Both teams.
Agree...very cool unis!
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

old salt wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:12 pm Best game day uni's, ever. Both teams.
Indeed , Navy Equipment is simply the best Equipment group in all of college sports ( and also the Pro’s ) Navy is blessed to have the best in the Business

GO NAVY , BEAT EVERYONE .

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Mids will be wearing those same uni's vs K State in the Liberty Bowl,
Tue, Dec 31, 3:45 PM EST.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:53 am Looks like Navy might have another Dreadnought attackman this spring.
Navy Fball's best O-lineman, #72, Center, Ford Higgins, 6' 2", 260 lbs, Sr.
ESPN2 played part of this clip In tonight's Navy-UConn game.
Carc reported that Coach Amplo's going to give him a look this spring.

https://navysports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=15524

A 2016 graduate of Greater Atlanta Christian School, Higgins was a three-sport athlete who earned letters in football (3), lacrosse (4) and wrestling (1) ... earned All-State (Ga.) and all-county honors in football his senior year ... Touchdown Club of Atlanta award winner as a senior ... a two-time all-county attackman for the lacrosse team, he was also named All-State his senior season ... set school records for most goals scored in a season, most goals scored in a game and most points in a season ... served as captain of the football and lacrosse teams his senior year ...majoring in applied mathematics.
+1
So, now that Navy has dispatched Army and taken back the CIC Trophy, it's on to the AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State to whoop the Wildcats in Memphis. After that, Ford Higgins can take a few well deserved days off and then ready himself for his "lax attack look"...maybe he can bring along Malcom Perry for a look at M or DM too! :idea: :)

A most memorable 2020 season is just around the corner for the MLax Mids. GO NAVY!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Here’s a good prospect for the Mids.
Two sports, option QB and attack,
de-committed from UNC.

Recruiting: Eyeing Two Sports, IL's No. 5 Senior Xavier Arline Decommits from UNC

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”