Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FactChecker

Re: Navy 2020

Post by FactChecker »

old salt

Post by old salt »

BZ to NAAA for trying to get the game in & revive the Hopkins series.
It was a resourceful plan to forgo revenues from admission, concessions & parking,
for the good of the series & to honor Steve Belichick's kid.
The Hopkins band is a bio-hazard. Hope the series can be renewed next year at NMCMS.

At least Navy did not give up the ship.
Abbreviated but encouraging start to the Amplo era.
We have not yet begun to fight.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Certainly a weird feeling.

As my son just told me.....this will certainly be a NavyMlax memory that this team will remember forever....a uniqueness unless any other thus far.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:59 pm Certainly a weird feeling.

As my son just told me.....this will certainly be a NavyMlax memory that this team will remember forever....a uniqueness unless any other thus far.
Coach Amplo said he was looking forward to holding Advanced Lax Camp this week. Did they get it in ?
Is the Naps - JV game cx'd too ?

What does the rest of the year hold for the Brigade in general & the MLax team specifically ?
Will the Brigade remain in residence in Bancroft & hold classes the rest of the ac yr ?
Limit liberty off the Yard ?
Does the PL cx forbid lax team practice ? Captain's workouts ? Working with strength & conditioning coach ?
Divide up the varsity & club rosters by battalion & bring back intramural Batt Lax, or hold a draft for 4-8 intramural lax teams.
At least make it fun on the Yard.

Imagine the planning for summer training.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:08 pm

Coach Amplo said he was looking forward to holding Advanced Lax Camp this week. Did they get it in ? YES
Is the Naps - JV game cx'd too ? YES

What does the rest of the year hold for the Brigade in general & the MLax team specifically ? JURY IS STILL OUT, DELAYED SPRING BREAK RETURN
Will the Brigade remain in residence in Bancroft & hold classes the rest of the ac yr ?
Does the PL cx forbid lax team practice ? Captain's workouts ? Working with strength & conditioning coach ? STILL UNSURE AT THIS POINT
Divide up the varsity & club rosters by battalion & bring back intramural Batt Lax, or hold a draft for 4-8 intramural lax teams.
At least make it fun on the Yard. GREAT IDEA

Imagine the planning for summer training. CAN'T IMAGINE IF IT GETS KICKED DOWN THE ROAD THAT FAR. SOME LREC SUMMER BLOCKS HAVE ALREADY BEEN CANCELED AND REASSIGNED
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:19 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:08 pm

Coach Amplo said he was looking forward to holding Advanced Lax Camp this week. Did they get it in ? YES
Is the Naps - JV game cx'd too ? YES

What does the rest of the year hold for the Brigade in general & the MLax team specifically ? JURY IS STILL OUT, DELAYED SPRING BREAK RETURN
Does the PL cx forbid lax team practice ? Captain's workouts ? Working with strength & conditioning coach ? STILL UNSURE AT THIS POINT
At least make it fun on the Yard. GREAT IDEA

Imagine the planning for summer training. CAN'T IMAGINE IF IT GETS KICKED DOWN THE ROAD THAT FAR. SOME LREC SUMMER BLOCKS HAVE ALREADY BEEN CANCELED AND REASSIGNED
Thanks. Plz keep us updated as the situation evolves.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

Just saw a USNA leadership message confirming decision to "delay reform of the Brigade for approximately 14 days to the weekend of 28 March."
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

laxxygilmore wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:24 pm Just saw a USNA leadership message confirming decision to "delay reform of the Brigade for approximately 14 days to the weekend of 28 March."

The Mids aren’t coming back on the 28th :

https://www.usna.edu/COVID-19/_files/20 ... o_MIDN.pdf

Yikes

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Tecumseh wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:02 pm
laxxygilmore wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:24 pm Just saw a USNA leadership message confirming decision to "delay reform of the Brigade for approximately 14 days to the weekend of 28 March."

Yikes

“T”
If Bancroft Hall is to remain unoccupied for the rest of the ac year, it would make an ideal quarantine / isolation residence hall, with wing(s) staffed as field hospitals.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:45 am
Tecumseh wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:02 pm

Yikes

“T”
If Bancroft Hall is to remain unoccupied for the rest of the ac year, it would make an ideal quarantine / isolation residence hall, with wing(s) staffed as field hospitals.
Good thought. Or alternative location for non-infected patients with issues not needing acute care.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Jimmy Lewis led Uniondale to the Nassau Championship, then led @navymlax to three consecutive @USILA_Lax champs in 1964,65, and 66 while earning 1st team AA honors on attack all three years.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

Woot! indeed!...especially after the "1g L" vs. BU. Nice to see the Navy team O @ 75% assisted goals of their 12 scored and stingy team D shutting out #15 Hounds in Q4.
Looking forward to the Army v. Navy sim!...Navy 10 - Army 8.
Sim Amplo and his Sim Mids are getting it done.
:)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

laxxygilmore wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:03 am
Woot! indeed!...especially after the "1g L" vs. BU. Nice to see the Navy team O @ 75% assisted goals of their 12 scored and stingy team D shutting out #15 Hounds in Q4.
Looking forward to the Army v. Navy sim!...Navy 10 - Army 8.
Sim Amplo and his Sim Mids are getting it done.
:)
Maybe CBS can air last years game to scratch the lax itch for everyone.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:55 am
laxxygilmore wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:14 pm :) Nice “W” by Navy over ND!
laxxygilmore wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:05 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:02 pm Here’s a good prospect for the Mids.
Two sports, option QB and attack,
de-committed from UNC.

Recruiting: Eyeing Two Sports, IL's No. 5 Senior Xavier Arline Decommits from UNC
Agreed. Quite the gifted athlete indeed...could be an interesting Navy vs. ND contest to land him...
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... -unc/55712
(12/20/19)

Twice named to Newsday's All-Long Island First Team, Arline finished his career with 8,621 all-purpose yards with 124 touchdowns, helping lead the Wildcats to Long Island Championships in 2016 and 2019.

He most recently received an offer from Navy after a wildly successful senior season, also holding offers from Army, Stony Brook, Rice and New Hampshire. In August, Arline was extended a preferred walk-on offer by Notre Dame, where he would also play lacrosse for the Fighting Irish.

Though some have recruited him as a quarterback (service academies employ offenses that are led by dynamic, run-heavy QBs), Arline has been getting looked at as a H-back, slot and defensive back.

On the lacrosse field, Arline led Long Island with 137 points on 70 goals and 67 assists as a junior, picking up a New York Class 'C' state title along with All-American honors. He's been an electric playmaker for Team 91 Crush as well, teaming up with No. 1 recruit Brennan O'Neill '20 and Joey Spallina '22 on the attack.

There's no timeline for his final college decision, as football just had its Early Signing Period this past week. The regular National Signing Day is on Feb. 5 — stay up to date on developments in Arline's recruiting by following Xavier on Twitter, as well as @tyxanders and @ILPreps.
...especially after the #23 ranked Mids beat Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl on 12/31/19! GO NAVY!
Made the correct choice :!:
https://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/n ... story.html

The correct choice all the way around! Kudos to Xavier Arline...
https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-sch ... 1.44020230

SPORTS / HIGH SCHOOL
Lost season: What cancellation of spring sports means in athletes' own words

“It’s tough. I don’t think it’s really hit me 100% yet . . . Both of my parents are in the medical field, and they kind of keep me updated on the whole situation . . . I can sit at ease and be comfortable with the way I ended my career in both sports [lacrosse and football] with two championships with the guys that I love. I feel bad for all the seniors and players all across the country, but I’m handling it pretty well. I’m just going to use this time to be there for others now."
"I'm just going to use this time to be there for others now." Well said, Xavier. Best wishes for a memorable USNA student-athlete career in football AND MLax. GO NAVY!
youthathletics

Re: Navy 2020/2021

Post by youthathletics »

Norovirus then coronavirus: Navy men’s lacrosse faced challenges from start to finish

Amplo said the fall season will be important for Navy men’s lacrosse and has already decided on a dramatic change on that front. He will not schedule any fall scrimmages, choosing to save those competitive opportunities for the spring semester.

NCAA regulations allow for 17 competitions during a calendar year. Amplo believes it is more valuable to use all of them during the 2021 preseason and regular season. He also plans to push back fall ball to five weeks of player development.

"We are going to take that time to really focus on ourselves,” he said.

Amplo has almost completed the Navy 2021 schedule and revealed to The Capital that Duke, Georgetown, Richmond and Johns Hopkins are locked in as non-conference opponents. He is still in discussions with Maryland head coach John Tillman to maintain that rivalry game. This season marked the first time since 1945 the Midshipmen and Terrapins did not play.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

laxxygilmore wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:57 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:55 am
laxxygilmore wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:14 pm :) Nice “W” by Navy over ND!
laxxygilmore wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:05 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:02 pm Here’s a good prospect for the Mids.
Two sports, option QB and attack,
de-committed from UNC.

Recruiting: Eyeing Two Sports, IL's No. 5 Senior Xavier Arline Decommits from UNC
Agreed. Quite the gifted athlete indeed...could be an interesting Navy vs. ND contest to land him...
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... -unc/55712
(12/20/19)

Twice named to Newsday's All-Long Island First Team, Arline finished his career with 8,621 all-purpose yards with 124 touchdowns, helping lead the Wildcats to Long Island Championships in 2016 and 2019.

He most recently received an offer from Navy after a wildly successful senior season, also holding offers from Army, Stony Brook, Rice and New Hampshire. In August, Arline was extended a preferred walk-on offer by Notre Dame, where he would also play lacrosse for the Fighting Irish.

Though some have recruited him as a quarterback (service academies employ offenses that are led by dynamic, run-heavy QBs), Arline has been getting looked at as a H-back, slot and defensive back.

On the lacrosse field, Arline led Long Island with 137 points on 70 goals and 67 assists as a junior, picking up a New York Class 'C' state title along with All-American honors. He's been an electric playmaker for Team 91 Crush as well, teaming up with No. 1 recruit Brennan O'Neill '20 and Joey Spallina '22 on the attack.

There's no timeline for his final college decision, as football just had its Early Signing Period this past week. The regular National Signing Day is on Feb. 5 — stay up to date on developments in Arline's recruiting by following Xavier on Twitter, as well as @tyxanders and @ILPreps.
...especially after the #23 ranked Mids beat Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl on 12/31/19! GO NAVY!
Made the correct choice :!:
https://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/n ... story.html

The correct choice all the way around! Kudos to Xavier Arline...
https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-sch ... 1.44020230

SPORTS / HIGH SCHOOL
Lost season: What cancellation of spring sports means in athletes' own words

“It’s tough. I don’t think it’s really hit me 100% yet . . . Both of my parents are in the medical field, and they kind of keep me updated on the whole situation . . . I can sit at ease and be comfortable with the way I ended my career in both sports [lacrosse and football] with two championships with the guys that I love. I feel bad for all the seniors and players all across the country, but I’m handling it pretty well. I’m just going to use this time to be there for others now."
"I'm just going to use this time to be there for others now." Well said, Xavier. Best wishes for a memorable USNA student-athlete career in football AND MLax. GO NAVY!
Best of luck. Very good player. He will do well in Annapolis.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”