Mount St. Mary's

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

Mount St. Mary's

Post by gymman1031 »

The next step is to win the NEC Tournament and appear in the postseason for the first time as a member of that conference.
Matnum PI

Re: Mount St. Mary's 2021

Post by Matnum PI »

5 PM, Mt. St. Mary's vs. Towson: http://necfrontrow.com/game/7745
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

I've really enjoyed watching the NEC Front Row broadcasts in Emmitsburg, I'd just like to see the Mount start winning! They pass the eye test this year in ways that they have not in the past. It's an athletic team with good size, and I'm just waiting to see them string some wins together.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MSM up 5-2 on UNBC at half
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Tough loss for MT !
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Tough loss for MT !
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Offense isn’t getting it done. 10 goals on a depleted Del then 5, 5 & 7 (2 in second half today). That’s a avg of 6.75g/gm through four games. Going to have to pick that up when playing Hobart, St Joes & Bryant where at least two out of three of those will require double digit scoring.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

They've lost some solid horsepower to graduation the past two years.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

This loss was truly a team effort. I have never been a fan of a coach taking the air out of the ball and trying to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. The Mount lost to Hopkins last season when the coach tried to protect the team’s lead late in the 4th quarter and did the same thing in losing to UMBC today. The Mount had just scored 3 goals in a row to take a 7-4 lead and momentum was clearly leaning its way. Why the coach then chose to run out the clock by slowing down the offense made no sense to me. The Mount’s offense contributed to the loss by committing numerous unforced turnovers, especially the two times that they turned the ball with less than 1 min and 30 seconds left in the game. The Mount’s SSDM’s continued their season long struggle and on several occasions, including play leading up to UMBC’s game-tying goal with 17 seconds left in the game, they were reduced to chasing the ball carrier from behind. The late slide from the long pole defender in UMBC’s game-tying goal simply completed the disaster.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:14 pm They've lost some solid horsepower to graduation the past two years.
True. But after seeing the last two games, I think I’d still shuffle the deck a little. I’d be looking for some more creators. Gotta start drawing slides and moving to the ball. Too much standing still. The roster looks promising, just not sure if some of those young guns are ready for prime time. I’d be shaking the tree.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:14 pm They've lost some solid horsepower to graduation the past two years.
True. But after seeing the last two games, I think I’d still shuffle the deck a little. I’d be looking for some more creators. Gotta start drawing slides and moving to the ball. Too much standing still. The roster looks promising, just not sure if some of those young guns are ready for prime time. I’d be shaking the tree.
I agree. When I watched their games vs UD & Towson, I was thinking...there is not a shot these guys do not like. To your point, they seem to be stuck not knowing what to do when once they can't get to the rack solo. Maybe during practices they are beating their defensive guys 1v1, but come game time they can not. I've seen this very thing play out many times.

Instead of shaking the tree, I'd put this on the staff. Not implying the staff is doing anything wrong, I'd recommend they change they way the defense practices vs the offense. I'd extend out apply a ton of pressure on ball and lock adjacents ...really put the O players in a tough spot so their only options are beat your damned man or look for skip passes and off ball players moving. At some point the tensions will flare up, and that is when you know you are making progress.

Enjoy your Sunday!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Looking at their roster, I see a few young kids who can create. I’d love to see them move some pieces around and see what happens. This season is young and I’m impressed with their roster. This team can compete. The coaching staff is quality. They will figure it out.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Mt. St. Mary's D is seemingly legit...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Re: Mount St. Mary's

Post by Matnum PI »

Pretty good game. MSM up by 1 with under 7 minutes left. http://necfrontrow.com/game/9299
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

msm wins...
Caddy Day
molo

Post by molo »

Mount 9-8