Dr. Nepper declares war against lacrosse

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ABV 8.3%

Dr. Nepper declares war against lacrosse

Post by ABV 8.3% »

While doing a rarity (watching TV), a commercial came on that was quite entertaining. It was focusing on how you could still enjoy the college football season by drinking sugarry soda. Anyone viewed this commercial. Cherry tasting drink. BUT.......then they threw in a white dude with a lacrosse stick, watching a lacrosse game.....making fun of it.

It was strange......and made me mad.

Why declare war on lacrosse, advertizing people? (Have friends in the industry and will find out who is responsible )
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Re: Dr. Nepper declares war against lacrosse

Post by ABV 8.3% »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:43 am While doing a rarity (watching TV), a commercial came on that was quite entertaining. It was focusing on how you could still enjoy the college football season by drinking sugarry soda. Anyone viewed this commercial. Cherry tasting drink. BUT.......then they threw in a white dude with a lacrosse stick, watching a lacrosse game.....making fun of it.

Why declare war on lacrosse, advertizing people? (Have friends in the industry and will find out who is responsible )
Apparently, this is not new. Such hate.

https://quickstickblog.com/2019/08/25/d ... o-boycott/
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Not sure what their marketing angle on that. Dont see it as helpful. Sports seasons with football dont conflict and many play both. Poor attempt at humor I suppose
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Maybe b/c lacrosse is causing conflict for football coaches, especially during this era of known head trauma from a collision sport like football??
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:06 am Maybe b/c lacrosse is causing conflict for football coaches, especially during this era of known head trauma from a collision sport like football??
Good point. Participation numbers in jr football are way down from a decade ago while lax is growing .

Wouldn't shock if the NFL in some way suggests that mock in their commercials for that reason.

Maybe younthful laxers can cancel Dr Pepper
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:43 am While doing a rarity (watching TV), a commercial came on that was quite entertaining. It was focusing on how you could still enjoy the college football season by drinking sugarry soda. Anyone viewed this commercial. Cherry tasting drink. BUT.......then they threw in a white dude with a lacrosse stick, watching a lacrosse game.....making fun of it.

That’s an old commercial. I liked that series of commercials. They were funny. The producer’s kid probably plays lacrosse.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

Football has become a dying sport and lacrosse has continued to grow in popularity year after year. I would guess They clearly don’t sponsor lacrosse. Funny thing is the MLL and PLL were the first leagues to find success during Covid.
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

I can't believe there's people upset about the Dr. Pepper commercials. It's a joke. I find it funny. Have a laugh and lighten up.
118:24 #HHH
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cuseman4133 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:42 pm I can't believe there's people upset about the Dr. Pepper commercials. It's a joke. I find it funny. Have a laugh and lighten up.
Or rather.........those that need to lighten up are the ones that take it as someone "really" being upset :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

bauer4429 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:08 pm Football has become a dying sport and lacrosse has continued to grow in popularity year after year. I would guess They clearly don’t sponsor lacrosse. Funny thing is the MLL and PLL were the first leagues to find success during Covid.
Didn't the MLL have an outbreak that led to one of the teams literally dropping out?
old salt

Post by old salt »

stupefied wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:51 am Not sure what their marketing angle on that. Dont see it as helpful.
Trying to capitalize on the national discussion about class division.

Watching the development of lax over the past 55 years, it's remarkable how insular it has remained, despite the growth.

That perception is " the hook ".
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

That's a good point. It's hard to understand exactly who they're poking fun at.

Funny commercial.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Its like a mini comedy series and they are trying to be funny. Not doing a good job at it bu that is what they are going for. Dr Pepper has also put out bottles in my area with lacrosse on it.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Hey, "I'm A Pepper," so watch your words here! :mrgreen:
The parent, not the coach.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Who is Dr Nepper?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

hooligan88 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:17 pm Image
Nice
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:13 pm Who is Dr Nepper?
A typo for Dr. Pepper.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”