Syracuse 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by 10stone5 »

Mr3Putt wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:37 am Size ? Not the biggest kid. Please don’t bring up Ament ... just asking. As far SU as a team in 20, my question was can they defend? IMO w the schedule so far that question was not answered. Just like GT looked great early, but the test was @ Chapel Hill v UNC but that didn’t happen .
I don’t think people from SE PA, who actually followed Ament had any clue at all what he would do at PSU.
I follow SE PA of course, I thought Ament was small
and worried with B1G competition he might
suffer the same fate as fellow ‘Ford Supinski.
IL had Drew Supinski pegged as much better than
Grant Ament.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Mr3Putt wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:37 am Size ? Not the biggest kid. Please don’t bring up Ament ... just asking. As far SU as a team in 20, my question was can they defend? IMO w the schedule so far that question was not answered. Just like GT looked great early, but the test was @ Chapel Hill v UNC but that didn’t happen .
Hobart was a top 10-15 offense you guys sort of handled. The tram was built around midfield depth (which is similar to the teams from the second half of the 2000s) and not designed to hold teams to 5-7 goals so much as to pull away in Q3-4.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

what are they gonna do on the cuse boards with all the top recruits they're grabbing?
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Size has to be put into context of how one plays and overall skillset. If you are physical but not particularly large or fast then you best have superb lax skills which Spallina possesses. Top 2022's are the discussion right now but still two years out. Fans be refocusing soon on the 2020's that will hopefully be seen this year. Cuse has a good one in a/m Hiltz
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 am what are they gonna do on the cuse boards with all the top recruits they're grabbing?
Orange Creamsickle?
See Martin, Malcolm
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 am what are they gonna do on the cuse boards with all the top recruits they're grabbing?
Maybe they'll stop stalking a 16-year-old's Instagram account now, though probably not.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:36 am
Maybe they'll stop stalking a 16-year-old's Instagram account now, though probably not.
LOL, Insert people in glass houses line here.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

The Syracuse fan board is much more like the normal college sports message board than Fanlax/Laxpower. It's filled with recruiting degenerates, like me. We will certainly enjoy these successes, until we lose out on a big target.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:37 am
The Syracuse fan board is much more like the normal college sports message board than Fanlax/Laxpower. It's filled with recruiting degenerates, like me. We will certainly enjoy these successes, until we lose out on a big target.
The lax board over at Syracusefan is also by far the biggest and most active (college) lax board so you get a lot of different takes and opinions. As you noted its much more like a regular D1 football or basketball message board. Certainly we have also lost out on many targets the last 5-10 years more so then we were used to. This year feels an awful lot like the late 90's to mid 2000's when SU was killing it recruiting wise, March is clearly playing a huge role.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 am This year feels an awful lot like the late 90's to mid 2000's when SU was killing it recruiting wise, March is clearly playing a huge role.
I must be missing something. SU is killing it recruiting-wise?...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 am
Are Hopkins fans also creepily sliding into teenagers' Instagram DMs and scouring hundreds of comments from their friends and family members for potential recruiting clues? Let me know, and I'll make fun of them too.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:48 am
JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 am This year feels an awful lot like the late 90's to mid 2000's when SU was killing it recruiting wise, March is clearly playing a huge role.
Not sure if your being facetious or not but I think its pretty clear for 2022 they have.

-- Carter Kempney M Carthage Senior High School - 5 Star
-- Joey Spallina A Mount Sinai High School - 5 Star #1 Recruit
-- Michael Leo A St Anthony's High School - 4 Star
-- Jimmy McCool G The New Hampton School - High 4 Star
-- Zach Mercado M Austin High School
-- Vincent Trujillo M St Johns College High School - 4 Star

Clearly other schools are as well UVA, UNC and ND pretty much the entire ACC.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The fact that you are utilizing the term "sliding into their DMs" suggests some projection?
See Martin, Malcolm
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:52 am
JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 am
Are Hopkins fans also creepily sliding into teenagers' Instagram DMs and scouring hundreds of comments from their friends and family members for potential recruiting clues? Let me know, and I'll make fun of them too.
I don't support any adult sending a teenager a private message but people scouting comments for recruiting news or tidbits is common place in D1 recruiting. Hop fans probably don't see it much with Lax being the only D1 sport but take a gander over to any P5 board for bball or fball and see the crazy stuff that goes on. I also see plenty of Hop fans tweeting at recruits as well not to mention the posts about Grimes and Dom Petro the last few years on your own thread.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 am
The lax board over at Syracusefan is also by far the biggest and most active (college) lax board so you get a lot of different takes and opinions. As you noted its much more like a regular D1 football or basketball message board. Certainly we have also lost out on many targets the last 5-10 years more so then we were used to. This year feels an awful lot like the late 90's to mid 2000's when SU was killing it recruiting wise, March is clearly playing a huge role.
Pat March is an excellent coach. Really good with players and player development.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm
Not sure if your being facetious or not but I think its pretty clear for 2022 they have.

Bad assumption, that people here follow Syracuse
as closely as they do on Syracuse’s board.

Owen Hiltz is another, I thought Tierney had that
guy locked down at Denver, but no, a real good
pick up for this season.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Pat March is an excellent coach. Really good with players and player development.
Agreed, everything I have heard about him has been a positive since he came to SU. He's added that youth and ability to connect with recruits that was desperately needed on the Hill. He was the reason Hiltz flipped from Denver. I have heard he is the front runner to replace Desko.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

10stone5 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm
JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Bad assumption, that people here follow Syracuse
as closely as they do on Syracuse’s board.

Owen Hiltz is another, I thought Tierney had that
guy locked down at Denver, but no, a real good
pick up for this season.
Well I wouldn't normally assume that but Matnum has been posting the Syracuse's commit articles to this thread since 9/1/2020, so I figured if any non SU fan would know it might be him. Still good point.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Agreed, everything I have heard about him has been a positive since he came to SU. He's added that youth and ability to connect with recruits that was desperately needed on the Hill. He was the reason Hiltz flipped from Denver. I have heard he is the front runner to replace Desko.
I loved the hire at the time. Wishing Syracuse fans all the best. He’s very good.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”