UNC 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FMUBart

Re: Dom Pietramala

Post by FMUBart »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:54 pm
Congratulations to young Dom. Three quality academic institutions on that list!

DocBarrister ;)
PSU is my guess
UNC 2
Denver 3 too far
SU no way, especially with Spallina choosing SU
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Now individual juniors in HS are getting their own threads under the D1 Mens Lacrosse heading, exciting times...can't wait for preseason AA
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Off-season. It's either this or Trump...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

He has spent his entire life in Baltimore and with his Dad the coach at Hop. I just don’t see Syracuse because of that and already having verballed Spallina. And I don’t see Denver either (Too far) although Dad is a big admirer of Tierney. My guess is either PSU because of the Tambroni Petro connection or UNC because they have an established pipeline of MIAA players. Despite the 2016 anomaly, however, UNC is where really good players go and underachieve as a program. With all that in mind. I think it is PSU. Close enough to Baltimore, far enough and big enough to feel independent, and clearly a top program with an elite staff and facilities.

1. PSU
2. UNC
3. Denver
4. Syracuse
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

Evan Connell, Bones Kelly, Jake Matthai, Brett Bedard and Patrick Kelly sure all underperformed in 2016! Exactly how many national championships have the other programs won in the last 5 years?

Papa Petro and Coach Breschi are on pretty friendly terms as well.

I think UNC is the obvious choice for young Petro.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:08 pm Off-season. It's either this or Trump...
You’d think the non lacrosse non politics threads would get more play
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

I hope Dom is not reading this thread to decide where he going to college. I am sure he is not :D

All his choices are good. It really comes down to what school is a good fit, and what head coach and offensive coach he wants to play for. He will get good scholarship opportunities from them all.
Last edited by DU-fan on Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viper

Post by viper »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:37 pm He has spent his entire life in Baltimore and with his Dad the coach at Hop. I just don’t see Syracuse because of that and already having verballed Spallina. And I don’t see Denver either (Too far) although Dad is a big admirer of Tierney. My guess is either PSU because of the Tambroni Petro connection or UNC because they have an established pipeline of MIAA players. Despite the 2016 anomaly, however, UNC is where really good players go and underachieve as a program. With all that in mind. I think it is PSU. Close enough to Baltimore, far enough and big enough to feel independent, and clearly a top program with an elite staff and facilities.

1. PSU
2. UNC
3. Denver
4. Syracuse
Good speculation, thought don't forget that Dad is more than an admirer of Tierney, Tierney was a coach for 1/2 of Petros time at Hopkins.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

viper wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:49 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:37 pm He has spent his entire life in Baltimore and with his Dad the coach at Hop. I just don’t see Syracuse because of that and already having verballed Spallina. And I don’t see Denver either (Too far) although Dad is a big admirer of Tierney. My guess is either PSU because of the Tambroni Petro connection or UNC because they have an established pipeline of MIAA players. Despite the 2016 anomaly, however, UNC is where really good players go and underachieve as a program. With all that in mind. I think it is PSU. Close enough to Baltimore, far enough and big enough to feel independent, and clearly a top program with an elite staff and facilities.

1. PSU
2. UNC
3. Denver
4. Syracuse
Good speculation, thought don't forget that Dad is more than an admirer of Tierney, Tierney was a coach for 1/2 of Petros time at Hopkins.
Dave was also a great friend with Meade and spoke highly of Navy. :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
swf

Post by swf »

First of all best wishes to Dom P wherever he attends. We hope his decision is just as centered on things like academics, his road forward in life and enjoying his formative years as it is on lacrosse minutia.

As was mentioned above USNA provides a first rate education; a close knit alumni group; the opportunity to serve his country and a venue close enough where Dad (and Mom?) can easily see most of his games.

There is also the opportunity to play for one of the (two) greatest living coaches; win one or more NCs and break one of the almost unbreakable lax records; 451 points in 62 games. Jason Coffman @Salisbury. Dave P and Berkman are friends; Dave ran a camp at SU when he started coaching. SU tuition is reasonable and many majors are on a par with those @several of the D I options listed above.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Nice effort but don’t get your hopes up. Give it the college try though.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
DocBarrister

Re: UNC 2021

Post by DocBarrister »

Nicholas Pietramala is reportedly heading your way.

Congratulations.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Ty Xanders@tyxanders
Nick Pietramala '22, LSM/D, Boys' Latin (Md.) has committed to
@UNCMensLacrosse
. Playing for Kooper's & Slainte over the years, the savvy 6'3 defender has been sidelined since the winter, but will join
@Hawks2022
: http://insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/profile/41891
I would think that UNC is probably not at the top of Dom's list based his brother announcing his commitment there.

If they were both going to UNC together, would they not announce it at the same time?

Playing attack for Matt Brown could be a lot of fun. Plus Ethan Walker and Jackson Morrill both leave Denver after this year.
Last edited by DU-fan on Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Yes, I believe that makes it now three schools.
molo

Re: UNC 2021

Post by molo »

It's a superb school with an outstanding lax tradition. Does this mean the brother is not coming to UNC?
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

I doubt Dom would have listed UNC in the first place if he wasn't seriously considering playing at the same school as his twin brother. Perhaps he doesn't care very much about the media circus and Nick announcing his verbal commitment before his own (to UNC).
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

at the end of the day it should only be about academics, fools gold if u think otherwise and grad school is on the must list in my opinion
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

10 10 2 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:02 pm I doubt Dom would have listed UNC in the first place if he wasn't seriously considering playing at the same school as his twin brother. Perhaps he doesn't care very much about the media circus and Nick announcing his verbal commitment before his own (to UNC).
Lots to like about UNC.

Coach has proven he can win a national title.

Get to play with his brother.

Nice campus.

Better weather than Syracuse or Denver.

Plus, class attendance is optional!

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
Laxter

Post by Laxter »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:26 pm
10 10 2 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:02 pm I doubt Dom would have listed UNC in the first place if he wasn't seriously considering playing at the same school as his twin brother. Perhaps he doesn't care very much about the media circus and Nick announcing his verbal commitment before his own (to UNC).
Lots to like about UNC.

Coach has proven he can win a national title.

Get to play with his brother.

Nice campus.

Better weather than Syracuse or Denver.

Plus, class attendance is optional!

DocBarrister ;)
:o ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

hofpride wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:22 pm at the end of the day it should only be about academics, fools gold if u think otherwise and grad school is on the must list in my opinion
Academics matter but many other factors are just as important. Some of the happiest and most successful people I know went to what many elitists consider inferior schools. The academics at all four schools listed are just fine. Carolina with your twin brother sounds like a good plan to me. Good luck and best wishes to them both.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”