UVA LACROSSE 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
molo

Re: UVA LACROSSE 2021

Post by molo »

According to today's Sun, Doug Hilbert, AA defenseman who graduated in 70, has died. He was a three sport star at Baltimore's Boys Latin, before UVA.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Virginia Adds In-State Defenseman to 2022 Class

Head coach Lars Tiffany and the Virginia Cavaliers picked up a commitment in the 2022 class on Friday, as Riverside, Va. defenseman John Schroter announced his commitment to the 2019 NCAA champs. The in-state product is the third commitment in the class for the Cavaliers, joining Georgetown Prep., DC, faceoff man Mac Eldridge and Gilman, Md., goalie Kyle Morris.

Schroter announced his commitment via Instagram.

“Virginia was my No. 1 from the start. It’s academics, athletics, and proximity are unbeatable,” Schroter said. “For me it means the world having the privilege and opportunity to play for such a talented and coachable team.”

The Cavaliers staff initially reached out to the in-state product on September 1st, which was the first day that college coaches could contact 2022 recruits. Schroter stated that he has been having consistent conversations with head coach Lars Tiffany and defensive assistant Kip Turner since, and that he has also talked to multiple players.

While no official visits are being had at the moment due to the Coronavirus, Schroter, who has an older sibling that attends UVA, said that he has been to Virginia multiple times and has done a virtual tour of campus. “I am lucky enough to be familiar with school because my sister attends it and I have been in and out of the Charlottesville area consistently,” said Schroter.

At 6-foot-4, 200 pounds, the lefty is a big, physical defenseman who knows how to put the ball on the carpet and has a nose for the ball. As a freshman during the 2019 season, Schroter scooped up 38 ground balls and dished out two assist while helping the Rams to a 18-2 record and VHSL 4A State Championship. Named a First Team All-State defensive selection following that season, he was the only freshman to receive All-State honors.

Schroter was not able to play at al this spring, due to the VHSL cancelling spring sports before they even got started due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

While summer lacrosse was played this year, Schroter stated that things did certainly feel different than normal, but at the end of the day it was still lacrosse being played. “Going to practice and leaving with masks on. Having limited number of spectators on the sidelines. Also not doing fist bumps at the end of games definitely felt weird,” Schroter said. “However, once games started everyone was locked in and nothing was different.”

Coming into his junior season, the defenseman said that his main goal is to just be as coachable as possible so that he can improve and reach his potential as a player. “For me, I truly have just started and will need all the help from my teammates and Coaches to become the best player I can be, and to always compete at the highest level.”
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Truitt Sunderland, Ty Xanders #4 player.
Live Free or Die!
Laxter

Post by Laxter »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:56 pm https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/13 ... 22400?s=09

Calvert Hall attackman
A Calvert Hall player has committed to UVA... This does nothing to dispel the rumors that 2020 is one giant paradoxical computer simulation. :o :o

Congrats to the young man!
Last edited by Laxter on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

RT @tyxanders: No. 3 junior Joey Terenzi, M, Manhasset (N.Y.) / @ExpressLacrosse has committed to @UVAMensLax. An incredibly polished playmaker from Long Island, Terenzi was named IL's top middie in the '22 class despite missing the summer with injury: https://t.co/vQtTnzX5hj https://t.co/hQWIoVhAtf
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/13 ... 73/photo/1

4 ⭐️ Ryan Colsey ‘22, A, Ridgefield (Conn.) / @EclipseLacrosse has committed to @UVAMensLax. Tallying 91 points as a freshman, the slick & high IQ lefty also excels in box with Team @SuperstarLax and plays for his father, 4x Cuse AA Roy Colsey.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

RumorMill wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:09 pm https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/13 ... 73/photo/1

4 ⭐️ Ryan Colsey ‘22, A, Ridgefield (Conn.) / @EclipseLacrosse has committed to @UVAMensLax. Tallying 91 points as a freshman, the slick & high IQ lefty also excels in box with Team @SuperstarLax and plays for his father, 4x Cuse AA Roy Colsey.
I’m sure they hope he turns out as well as the last attackman they got out of Ridgefield!
bananas

Post by bananas »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:15 pm
RumorMill wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:09 pm https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/13 ... 73/photo/1

I’m sure they hope he turns out as well as the last attackman they got out of Ridgefield!
Matt White?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I am old. I remember him on the sidelines when he was just a little guy. Best of luck.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

bananas wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:33 am

Matt White?
Yes
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
molo

Post by molo »

Other threads on this board along with the UVA board report that Peyton Cormier has entered the portal. He played about as much as an offensive middie could play last year and seemed the heir apparent to Kraus' lefty attack spot until the Merrimack transfer looked likely to star at attack with Cormier remaining at middie for another season. Still, he figured to be a key component of the offense. There is a school not far from where I live that just hired a big Canadian lefty offensive coordinator. This guy wasn't coaching college when Cormier was recruited. Maybe he wants to play for him although that team already has a big lefty attackman and a major recruit who may be a middie until there is a vacancy at attack. One of their most promising returning underclassman is also a lefty who can play either attack or middie.
stonewall

Post by stonewall »

Anyone know if Taylor Musa from Riverside is at UVA and planning to play? He was supposed to go to Colgate and decommitted. He was the VA 4A player of the year as a senior (probably the best division that year) - would add some depth to the attack as he seemed to score 80 goals per year in high school .
colbulmad

Post by colbulmad »

He is a 2nd year at UVA but is not playing lacrosse.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Payton Cormier transferring out would be a pretty big loss for UVA, particularly in a year when the ACC is so stacked.
UVA. Is not loaded with lefties so adding Bertrand is looking pretty wise. I believe that the incoming freshmen, Maher and McIntosh are both lefties.

Hopkins with Grant as an assistant could be a choice, but there are also several top non-ACC programs like Cornell Denver, or OSU that seem to be attractive to Canadians.
Live Free or Die!
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Cooter wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:14 pm Payton Cormier transferring out would be a pretty big loss for UVA, particularly in a year when the ACC is so stacked.
UVA. Is not loaded with lefties so adding Bertrand is looking pretty wise. I believe that the incoming freshmen, Maher and McIntosh are both lefties.

Hopkins with Grant as an assistant could be a choice, but there are also several top non-ACC programs like Cornell Denver, or OSU that seem to be attractive to Canadians.
Doubt anyone is gonna transfer into the Ivy League the next 3-4 years
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jrn19 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:04 pm
Cooter wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:14 pm Payton Cormier transferring out would be a pretty big loss for UVA, particularly in a year when the ACC is so stacked.

Why would that be?
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:03 pm
jrn19 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:04 pm

Why would that be?
Could be the example they set in showing they don't care about their players. And I'm not talking about being the first to cancel. That ended up being the right call. But when every other league has teams allowing players to come back and only a few Ivys are able to do so, it makes for a bad look. Obviously still great schools and programs, but sticking with their "traditional rules" in an unpredictable time like this can turn some off. Maybe it will impact them, maybe it won't. We'll see.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”