Having fun with make believe AA's for 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
stupefied

Re: Having fun with make believe AA's for 2020

Post by stupefied »

faircornell wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:44 pm I was surprised Tre LeClaire was not at least HM. He had 34 points in a tough 5-2 OSU schedule with at least one quality win and no bad losses. I wonder if the USILA will post a team. I assume that he would bet included.
Attack is just so deep. LeClaie is tough matchup, manhandled Big Red defender for 6 goals. Why he didn't get the rock at game end perplexes
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

calourie wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:18 pm Matt Gaudet was going to score 75+ goals this year. One of the best inside finishers the college sport has ever had. Steve Mock of Cornell with the same skillset was a 3rd team USILA AA in 2013 with 50 or so. A compilation of Gaudet's highlights would be invaluable in showing future attackmen how the game should be played around the crease.
Gaudet: great stick skills, a big strong physique (tree trunks for legs) and a scorer's instincts. His competitive attitude could also be abrasive, which I suspect some Ivy coaches took into negative account when casting all-conference votes. Reeves, Morrill and Gaudet, that was some attack line!
laxpert

Post by laxpert »

It doesn’t matter if the list is make believe or Maverick’s, if I have a player on this list I want to know if he plans to use the extra year. If yes, I’m going to find a strategy to accommodate him academically and financially.

Its difficult to make selections with such a small sample size. That said, they’re all good choices. I always felt points shouldn’t be a deciding factor. Yes, they all count one but they are not all created equally. That layup goal when a team is doubling at the end of a game is not the same as a great iso move to tie a game. The adjacent pass to a great man up shooter is not the same as a back side look when all even. Other than Ament v Fake did we have that many great match ups?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”