Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
flalax22

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by flalax22 »

jhu06 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:45 pm this was a 2-4 program last year. If the current kids want anything out of their 4 years besides the distinction of that season on their resume, time to get appartments, get organized and get building. find a way or make one.
To prepare for what exactly? I’m self aware enough to realize i run closer to the pessimistic side but with an at best timeline of a vaccine at the end of the year and a roll out which won’t include young healthy athletes as a priority it’s probably time for cat pictures.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

There's no reason they can't still train—it doesn't have to be on Homewood Field. Hopkins is not going to be the only men's lacrosse program without campus activities this fall, if that is indeed what is happening. Milliman will have a plan. I hate to say "trust the process" but we are in year one of a new staff taking over after two decades of the same regime...the focus is and should be on longterm success. IF there is any kind of season in the spring, it's going to be bizarre for everybody. Let's just hope this time around, everyone makes it through the winter healthy and stays in shape.
cc2519

Post by cc2519 »

In light of pending football season cancellations, I wonder how many 5th-year lacrosse seniors are now thinking, maybe it doesn't make sense to pay for an extra year, take online classes, get no on-campus experience, etc....and run the risk that the 2021 lacrosse season may not be played...
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

cc2519 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:01 pm In light of pending football season cancellations, I wonder how many 5th-year lacrosse seniors are now thinking, maybe it doesn't make sense to pay for an extra year, take online classes, get no on-campus experience, etc....and run the risk that the 2021 lacrosse season may not be played...
If that's the case then it will impact Hopkins a lot less than several other major D1 programs.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

I don't care what some homewood beuracrat says, this was a 2-4 lockerroom last year. Kids playing wall ball by themselves or working out at some hs field alone isn't going to make them better than syracuse next spring or in 2022. there should be 60 kids or whatever we're at now moving into charles village appartments this fall, studying from home and on homewood field or the bias gasp doing what they need to do.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

flalax22 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:59 pm
jhu06 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:45 pm this was a 2-4 program last year. If the current kids want anything out of their 4 years besides the distinction of that season on their resume, time to get appartments, get organized and get building. find a way or make one.
To prepare for what exactly? I’m self aware enough to realize i run closer to the pessimistic side but with an at best timeline of a vaccine at the end of the year and a roll out which won’t include young healthy athletes as a priority it’s probably time for cat pictures.
Epsteins on the vaccine too.........if only DOC barrister and JHU72 had his work ethic, we would be enjoying the full on body contact in the "bubble ' room in P-town. Bear week is cancelled, otherwise.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cc2519 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:01 pm In light of pending football season cancellations, I wonder how many 5th-year lacrosse seniors are now thinking, maybe it doesn't make sense to pay for an extra year, take online classes, get no on-campus experience, etc....and run the risk that the 2021 lacrosse season may not be played...
on campus experience? :lol: How many Hopkins lax players are married to classmates, or even have ever "hooked" up with one? Nope, online "experiences" are the norm for these Charles street playboys. ;)

just hope it's not newsbunny.com
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:30 pm
on campus experience? :lol: How many Hopkins lax players are married to classmates, or even have ever "hooked" up with one? Nope, online "experiences" are the norm for these Charles street playboys. ;)

our rivals have football programs still prepared to play. If virginia football is on campus next springs hopkins lacrosse program should be too. You're getting money and admissions help to be at school, time show loyalty and be there.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

jhu06 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:35 pm

our rivals have football programs still prepared to play. If virginia football is on campus next springs hopkins lacrosse program should be too. You're getting money and admissions help to be at school, time show loyalty and be there.
Stupid post.

The Hopkins lacrosse team should be on campus and playing lacrosse only if it is safe for them to do so. No other factor should be given serious consideration.

If players want to opt out because of concerns over coronavirus, they should be allowed to opt out without any penalties. If Coach Milliman doesn’t want to allow that, he should be tossed from campus.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Thor1

Post by Thor1 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:02 pm

Stupid post.

The Hopkins lacrosse team should be on campus and playing lacrosse only if it is safe for them to do so. No other factor should be given serious consideration.

If players want to opt out because of concerns over coronavirus, they should be allowed to opt out without any penalties. If Coach Milliman doesn’t want to allow that, he should be tossed from campus.

DocBarrister
They are located in Baltimore...Hopkins players are never safe when on campus!!!!!
Thor1

Post by Thor1 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:02 pm

Stupid post.

DocBarrister
They are located in Baltimore...Hopkins players are never safe when on campus!!!!!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Well I guess it's right around that time of the year this thread takes a turn for the worse—even worse than normal.

'06 getting restless and backseat administrating (the team did exactly what he wanted—three recent alums watching game tape with Mark Dixon on YouTube—unfortunately someone was too busy ordering the school hire Kyle Harrison as Ron Daniels' "special assistant" or whatever the demand du jour was); fatty awakening from a drunken stupor to spew nonsense; randoms parachuting in to scream about crime in Baltimore. It's like clockwork. Happens with or without a pandemic.

If this is what the thread is going to be like until lacrosse returns (and who knows when that will be) then it's probably best to just take a step back and let them blather endlessly into the ether. DMs are open if anyone is still interested in lacrosse/recruiting/roster management etc.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

But then we won’t be able to see the posts about how cool the large post count and page number is...
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
nrthcrosslax

Post by nrthcrosslax »

Any word on a DOLO?
viper

Post by viper »

jhu06 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:38 pm
flalax22 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:00 pm
jhu06 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:49 am -going to be fascinating to see what happens to our rivals who rely on the trickle down lucre of the d1 football programs now that the seasons are likely off.
-The mens lacrosse program is a valuable part of the school, I have no problem with milliman getting whomever he needs, just like dukies have no problem with zion's stunt or that article on the battier era where the wsj found the teams average sat score was 900. the rest of the athletics programs at hopkins including football and womens lacrosse should not get exemptions as they provide no external or internal value to the school.
-kudos to rabil on the pll.
-if Hopkins is remote, that means the mens team is still showing up in baltimore and able to use facilities to train for spring no?
Not from what a I’ve heard. No on campus activities. Mens lacrosse is shuttered until January at the earliest
then it is on epstein to tell the kids to get charles village appartments, bring their gear and run practices at homewood.
Can't speak for Hopkins, but I know of other campuses where the facilities (locker rooms, fields, etc) have been locked up to prevent use during the period of restriction and remote learning. Look for players to find other locations (parks, etc) to get their community work in.
viper

Post by viper »

viper wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:39 pm
jhu06 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:38 pm
flalax22 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:00 pm
jhu06 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:49 am -going to be fascinating to see what happens to our rivals who rely on the trickle down lucre of the d1 football programs now that the seasons are likely off.
-The mens lacrosse program is a valuable part of the school, I have no problem with milliman getting whomever he needs, just like dukies have no problem with zion's stunt or that article on the battier era where the wsj found the teams average sat score was 900. the rest of the athletics programs at hopkins including football and womens lacrosse should not get exemptions as they provide no external or internal value to the school.
-kudos to rabil on the pll.
-if Hopkins is remote, that means the mens team is still showing up in baltimore and able to use facilities to train for spring no?
Not from what a I’ve heard. No on campus activities. Mens lacrosse is shuttered until January at the earliest
then it is on epstein to tell the kids to get charles village appartments, bring their gear and run practices at homewood.
Can't speak for Hopkins, but I know of other campuses where the facilities (locker rooms, fields, etc) have been locked up to prevent use during the period of restriction and remote learning. Look for players to find other locations (parks, etc) to get their community work in.
I will add that there are adult leagues all over, and in the Baltimore area. Many college players from all over are participating in those and I have seen a few Jays among the mix.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

flalax22 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:59 pm
Eh?
Jhu99

Post by Jhu99 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:39 am Well I guess it's right around that time of the year this thread takes a turn for the worse—even worse than normal.

'06 getting restless and backseat administrating (the team did exactly what he wanted—three recent alums watching game tape with Mark Dixon on YouTube—unfortunately someone was too busy ordering the school hire Kyle Harrison as Ron Daniels' "special assistant" or whatever the demand du jour was); fatty awakening from a drunken stupor to spew nonsense; randoms parachuting in to scream about crime in Baltimore. It's like clockwork. Happens with or without a pandemic.

If this is what the thread is going to be like until lacrosse returns (and who knows when that will be) then it's probably best to just take a step back and let them blather endlessly into the ether. DMs are open if anyone is still interested in lacrosse/recruiting/roster management etc.
Thank God for you 16. What would we do without you?
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

-baltimore is 63 percent black, the school is the largest employer in the state, we're in a time of racial unrest and the school has a homegrown charismatic african american student athlete with a great story in harrison. He's a better messenger for the school than the $25 million they spend on diversity directors and public image work every year.

-the kids were 2-4 last year, the freshmen were recruited by some other coach, there's no reason not to show up and for the captains and veteran leaders to run their own workouts and practices. Baltimore isn't new york, it's affordable. The acc is preparing to play football, other rivals I'm sure are moving forward with spring sports. If daniels doesn't want to let the kids use the lockerrooms it's on them to use the bias or whatever field to get it going. This is Hopkins lacrosse, work is supposed to be wanted. I used to watch harrison all the time during intersessions use the gyms to do extra shooting.

-Rosemont shut down football this afternoon for our b1g rivals. There's no way those athletic departments miss 9 figures of revenue this year and don't see cuts to some of our big rivals. we want to beat them fair and square, but I'm not sad that a penn state lacrosse that benefits mightily from the powerhouse football program joe pa and co built might now see some cuts because of this.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I said dance for me b**ch! I’m an alum and I expect performance, no less will satisfy me!
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”