Hobart 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
kmartin

Re: Hobart 2020

Post by kmartin »

With the NESCAC, Ivy and now Patriot leagues cancelling competition, and March Madness going with no spectators, it also appears to me to be just a matter of time before the season is cancelled.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

kmartin wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:51 am With the NESCAC, Ivy and now Patriot leagues cancelling competition, and March Madness going with no spectators, it also appears to me to be just a matter of time before the season is cancelled.
If Big 10 and ACC follow, I'm afraid you're right. Or , we have a great opportunity to win the Championship...
Hobart Basketball and Hobart Hockey have a chance to make noise in the NCAAs on the road in Virginia and Michigan....hope they can finish the tourney, but thinking NCAA is going to shut every tournament down this weekend
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

NEC suspending spring sports till at least March 29. No info on whether this weekends games will be played. Waiting for clarifications...
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

The swine flu back in 2009/2010 infected around 61 million Americans and caused 12,469 deaths.... does anybody remember that? What is the difference between 2009/2010 an 2020? Well, Obama was in office back then and of course we know who's in office now. Do you think this might be political? The problem we have in this country is the bias media and the Dems who see an opportunity....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Man and I had someone pissed at me for bringing up factual stuff about the college that titles this thread. Or one person going off bc I shared a clip of a cartoon show that happens to be of the presidents kids but also a shout out to Slurb, the midfielder from the Hobart lacrosse team.

Where’s Lroggy screaming that any such comments or posts should only be on the political board? Happened this quick with me sharing the cartoon clip.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:53 pm Man and I had someone ticked at me for bringing up factual stuff about the college that titles this thread. Or one person going off bc I shared a clip of a cartoon show that happens to be of the presidents kids but also a shout out to Slurb, the midfielder from the Hobart lacrosse team.

Where’s Lroggy screaming that any such comments or posts should only be on the political board? Happened this quick with me sharing the cartoon clip.
I'm here!!!!!

I had my own tweet issue with FLN (my lacrosse website in Florida) when I was the first to tweet Harvard would be the 1st Ivy to cancel season - that was ALL THE WAY BACK on Tuesday). Was called out by a head coach for spreading rumors . . . still waiting for one of the 300 who liked his post to do a mea culpa.

Anyhow, just saw JHU suspended for a month . . . given their season to date and the upcoming schedule, I ask, was that a strategic decision or a tactical one? :lol:
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

So 3 NEC games in limbo and Cornell definitely cancelled. Not sure we can cram all these into April if things improve. Only hope for the seniors they get a few more to play before it’s all said and done.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

The other shoe drops.

What’s the point in playing games if all winter and spring tournaments are cancelled? Wish the NCAA would have just suspended and looked to revisit in a few weeks.

Damn.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

It would be great for the seniors to get at least a few more chances to play. NCAA and conference championships are nice are great. Playing the game would be better than not playing again after dedicating so much of their lives to this sport.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Let's play a few unofficial exhibition games with anyone who's up to it. Very sad for the seniors. The NCAA should give an extra year of eligibility for Spring sports.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Pretty sure the NCAA has already granted the extra season. The problem is, how do you pay for it. Even if your school has the full allotment of 12.6 scholarships, it will be too expensive for most.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:01 pm Pretty sure the NCAA has already granted the extra season. The problem is, how do you pay for it. Even if your school has the full allotment of 12.6 scholarships, it will be too expensive for most.
Alex Love did it (came back for a fifth year after missing his fourth), so it must be possible. It would be sad if we’ve seen Justin Scott and Eric Holden for the last time. And the other seniors as well.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wasn’t Alex Love in the full ride Geneva resident scholarship? Might make a difference if so.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:21 am Wasn’t Alex Love in the full ride Geneva resident scholarship? Might make a difference if so.
I was unaware of such a scholarship. Would definitely make a difference. I know that he took the fall semester off and then came back for the spring to play lacrosse. That could make a difference as well for the seniors (one less semester to pay for).
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Derek Akner did something Similar to Alex Love. I don't know the details but, know he took 1 or 2 courses so he would be an "enrolled student". The colleges don't break down the cost per credit as far as I know. While I'm sure all the seniors would love to play a full season, most were probably in the process of lining up permanent employment. Some may be able to go to graduate school and play. This would create a fairly large "free agent" market out there.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

I watched the Syracuse game again last night (the first three quarters, ahem). Although we didn't win, I'm still really proud of how our boys took a swing against the Orange. Nice to see. This team had so much to look forward to.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Totally depressed for no finish for a very promising Hobart team. Really hope a few of the Seniors figure out how to play next year.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

One of the weird predictions on Insidelacrosse before the season started was that Hobart would finish the season leading DI in scoring. Mission accomplished, I believe. It’s just kind of sad how it happened.
Bart

Post by Bart »

A FYI, news reported 6 of the Geneva PD's officers on quarantine after arresting and arraigning a suspect with travel history and symptoms similar to COVID19. Suspect released, officers self quarantining. Hopefully either the news station had it wrong or the test returns negative.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Bart wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:50 am A FYI, news reported 6 of the Geneva PD's officers on quarantine after arresting and arraigning a suspect with travel history and symptoms similar to COVID19. Suspect released, officers self quarantining. Hopefully either the news station had it wrong or the test returns negative.
Isn't that infuriating.

The police are quarantined and the new democrat bail legislation puts the offender out on the street.

Love liberals. Just love them.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”