Hobart 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FL-GO

Hobart 2020

Post by FL-GO »

Hard to knock 10 wins, but it feels like the 19 Statesmen underachieved (big time). They bring back most of that 10 win group with a decent amount of offensive and defensive talent. Big hole at FOGO, and what about the depth? A lot of good players didn’t get to see the field enough bc of the coaches.

Anyway, here’s a new thread to kick things off.
oldbartman

Re: Hobart 2020

Post by oldbartman »

According to Ty Xanders on Twitter, OC Pete Poillon is heading to Marquette to be an assistant coach/offensive coordinator for newly appointed HC Stimmel. Best of luck to Coach Poillon. Now, who do we get as and asst coach for our offense that was a lot of fun to watch last season?
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:26 pm According to Ty Xanders on Twitter, OC Pete Poillon is heading to Marquette to be an assistant coach/offensive coordinator for newly appointed HC Stimmel. Best of luck to Coach Poillon. Now, who do we get as and asst coach for our offense that was a lot of fun to watch last season?
Marquette's (outgoing) OC Stephen Brundage has a long track record with Coach Raymond, having worked together at Drexel and Princeton. And Hobart's an hour away from Brundage's hometown in West Genny. Could be a natural fit.

If Brundage comes to Hobart, the players (and fans) will love him.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Even if the program has fallen reputation ally I think it wold be attractive to many as the next two years the offense should be as good as it’s been in a long time, better than 2019.

I also think a lot was left on the table under Poillon. Brundage would be fine, does Judd Lattimore or Chris Bates want a short term, 1-3yr assistant gig to get back to a D1 HC gig?

If we can improve on the back end and unfortunately I heard a rumor Mueller may not play again? And get to high 40s or better on FO there’s a ton to look forward to next year.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Any news, thoughts or rumors on Poillon's replacement? As FFG posted, whomever it is will be inheriting a solid offense with a deeper than realized bench.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Archer, durkin...

I know section 3 is competitive but that’s the second Hobart commit who should’ve been an aA as a jr and not get it. That’s ok as long as he matriculates. I’ll take too 3 in section 3 in scoring at over 100pts over accolades any day.

At what point do we need to give Jamie archer an honorary degree? Just those two plus off top of head Mueller and Cam Stome, plus many others. We need to cover his dinner expenses or something.p
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Stanny Gilbertson was named scholar all American by USA

https://hwsathletics.com/news/2019/7/1/ ... zVE10EQ9eY
See Martin, Malcolm
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Both the Elder and Eldest Statesmen won their division at the Vail Lacrosse Shootout today! Congratulations gentlemen!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Great news...!!!!

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... oach/55038

Welcome Coach Brundage!!!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Ty Yanko tranfers out.
Its too bad as I had hoped he could contribute with the other Canadians this season.

viewtopic.php?f=290&t=1291&start=420#p65344
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We were just too overloaded at attack and he had an injury that put him behind others. I hoped he could transition to midfield but didn’t have the type of north/south dodging or shot we need there already having a few attackmen playing there with similar skills.

A shame, hope the best for him. I believe McGill is cheaper too which is nice too

Our returning attack and attack paying midfield includes Eric Holden (67, 45, 22 - for some reason IL keeps insisting it’s 65 but whatever), Ryan Archer (#59 IL recruit, 43, 19,24), Jason Knox 41, 36, 5 as a FR, grandson of Jack bionda), Justin Scott (38, 26,12, has 87g & 109pts through 3yrs), derrek Madonna (23,9, 32 as a FR, critics to
Roster as a alley dodger with a shot people will be taking about soon enough) & Tommy Mott (25, 9,16 as a soph). Lot of those guys had accolades too. Archer, Mott (Air Air Force switch), Holden. Scott & Knox are Canadians.

There’s a couple of other underclassmen who like Yanko could do a lot more with time and new class. Problem is thebstaff still likes to use a thin rotation and shortens it up every year come conference time, a flaw IMO and left us short down the stretch last year. But I hope Ty well and happy,I guess, to have such a high class problem. Also if this massive FR Barthelme from St. Paul’s is any good the staff will likely want him on man up, which was probably the last spot for Yanko to get much run.

Hopefully it’s a good clean move for everyone even if I hope all kids have a successful and happy time at HWS.
See Martin, Malcolm
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

IMO, he was underused, especially in busting the zone ... which has been a perennial problem for us. Sorry to see him go. Thought he had the potential to bring some creativity to an offence that seems to still need one more small ingredient.
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Have to agree that the season ended up very disappointing but overall 2019 was the best, most exciting team we have had in some time.

The bench was shortened as season progressed true, but early on more guys did get opportunities than in prior years. For example, Cornell game a lot of guys played and did not do well against higher level pressure. That game was winnable and would have allowed staff to continue with a deeper roster. Instead I think they felt justified in shortening the reins.

We will be ok once we get the ball, but will we get the ball? We will miss Pedecine, Mueller (already missed him last year as he may have been the difference for 2 or 3 more wins), GIlberston. That is a lot of ground balls. We really need strong SSDMs and LSM the toughest jobs in the game these days.
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:57 pm Ty Yanko tranfers out.
Its too bad as I had hoped he could contribute with the other Canadians this season.

viewtopic.php?f=290&t=1291&start=420#

A short artcile on TY Yanko leaving, looks like he is having a good year in Jr A

https://www.tricitynews.com/sports/coqu ... 1.23885935
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxgunea wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 pm IMO, he was underused, especially in busting the zone ... which has been a perennial problem for us. Sorry to see him go. Thought he had the potential to bring some creativity to an offence that seems to still need one more small ingredient.
I don’t disagree in that I was looking for him to be much more involved than he was last year. Assumed he was her for some portion of it rather than all DNP CD, but don’t know. On the zone busting, it does appear that we have a few capable kids now in knox, Madonna, and probably birch and simas. Let’s not forget Max Pinillis, who made deans list last spring, and was one of the top recruits in last years class. As I understand it his game is a mix of Sean Murphy and Taylor vanderbeek. Not sure if Sampson or wood can offer much there. Last year Hancock, Grimaldi and Goltz were all moved from offensive to ssdm, only Koko of the upperclassmen played midfield other than the “star” offensive players, so maybe Ty should’ve had more of his, and perhaps Simas time, but there’s a bit of a squeeze.

I don’t know what the answer is at FO but I feel like it won’t be as bad as some of the awful faceoff years we had this decade between dickson, Mitrow, Blanchard’s, vona and have heard this FR from NC Shea is very good, perhaps the next unheard of Pedicine for us?

On SSDM, personally I fell good about Sherman as the lead dog, and would love to see a ton of within this group of kids get run there and see what shakes out. Maybe make it like FB where you have to add value there to get more run on O: Cam hancock, Ryan dickson, Quinten birch, Brad Simas, Mitrow, hochheimer, Sampson, pinillis plus some FR. Bet we can find some dogs, some athletic defensive players who get it and probably a few extra fast break scores as a result.

Are we sure luccesi has goal on lockdown?
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

On D and LSM, while losing Mueller hurts, we have a nice roster of talent that makes me feel pretty good:

EBF
dan Ryan
Frank imburgia
Eoin Hurley
Delpha
nick Paris
Christiansen
Synnott
Kyle nalen
Kieran keane
Bryce Bentham

That’s a bunch of hs aas who’ve already played and contributed a ton to date. EBf was like all NE west, dpoy I think at TP, Ryan was a AA and played like EBF more or less since stepping in camous, delpha played very well after being NJCAA DPOY at OCC, Christiansen was a stud (low cto count and GBs but tough on man guy), Synnott who played very well IMO as a FR, nalen has been a regular contributor w NFL lineage (punters are athletes too). I’ve kept an eye on keane as a two sport kid from a big sports program in LI and he has played a little bit always performed in FB, gets great grades and could easily see him having impressive sr seasons not dissimilar to Justin hager.
See Martin, Malcolm
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

What actually is the story on Mueller?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Jason Knox is having another fine Jr A season w Burlington.

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/playerp ... onid=19572

Interesting to note took on more of a scorers role this season compared with the prior two.
See Martin, Malcolm
Laxmanbob

Post by Laxmanbob »

I have been a Hobart fan for years and am happy to have found this forum. Can't wait for the 2020 season. I see a couple post regarding Mueller. Is he not coming back? Big loss, if not!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”