Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
AreaLax

Re: Maryland 2020

Post by AreaLax »

Maryland played all four goalies
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

2020 (dates confirmed by other school’s schedules)
Jan 18 Vermont Home scrimmage
Georgetown scrimmage
Feb 1 High Point Home
Feb 22 Navy Home

PSU Away
Apr 4 Michigan away
Rutgers Home
Apr 18 OHU Home
Hopkins away

On schedule but not in this order
Richmond
Penn
Villanova
ND
Virginia home
UNC
Albany
Last edited by AreaLax on Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EE_Terp

Post by EE_Terp »

So, in checking out the highlights of the scrimmage...looks like Cornell doesn’t mix up the Jersey #’s or at least Teat was his usual 51. Not sure why we do it since it’s Fall ball, whatever I guess. Easy to spot Logan and Jared but not so easy with others.

Looks like nobody here was present? Mostly wanted to hear about CC at faceoff and how the D was looking. I’d guess Cornell is probably pre-season 10-15 but likely 3rd in the Ivy.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I don't know that any of the regular UMd fans on this forum hang out up on Long Island.
Add in players wearing the wrong numbers and one can't expect much of a report.

#4 looks like maybe Fairman.
#50 has a nice move, whoever it was.
Live Free or Die!
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

Cooter wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:57 pm I don't know that any of the regular UMd fans on this forum hang out up on Long Island.
Add in players wearing the wrong numbers and one can't expect much of a report.

#4 looks like maybe Fairman.
#50 has a nice move, whoever it was.
Well if you where unfortunate enough to sit around the 50th yard line in stands you new who number 10 was. That was the loudest mother in the world.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:49 pm 2020 (dates confirmed by other school’s schedules)
Jan 18 Vermont Home scrimmage
Georgetown scrimmage
Feb 1 High Point Home
Feb 22 Navy Home

PSU Away
Michigan away
Rutgers Home
Apr 18 OHU Home
Hopkins away

On schedule but not in this order
Richmond
Penn
Villanova
ND
Virginia home
UNC
Albany
that's just a masterstroke of a schedule.
virtually guaranteed 8 games inside the top 20. and almost all the rest have a shot at it.
playing a b1g and close to an acc slate, with a top dog from a number of conferences.
not that they've had trouble getting in, but as long as they're not .500 they've already solidified an nc$$ spot. that's how you do it.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Cooter wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:57 pm #50 has a nice move, whoever it was.
I have heard a rumor that #50 was Josh Coffman.
:D
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

From IL

Four-star Grant Hansen '20, M, Hun (N.J.) / @BlueStarLax has committed to @TerpsMLAX. A longtime Princeton verbal, he's able to make big plays on both ends with his athleticism, motor & IQ. More on Hansen:

highlights[\youtube]
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

LaxSportsNet did an interview with Tillman. I can’t post the link but if go to the app you can pull it up. There are two. One about the team and a second on Bayhawks vs Whipsnakes
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

AreaLax wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:36 am LaxSportsNet did an interview with Tillman. I can’t post the link but if go to the app you can pull it up. There are two. One about the team and a second on Bayhawks vs Whipsnakes
The preview of the Terps for 2020 doesn't seem to run on my computer.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Try this link. You need to go about 14 minutes into the video

Watch @LaxSportsNet's broadcast: Lacrosse Now: October 17, 2019

https://www.pscp.tv/w/cHt3qzFtTUtQWXBYR ... 9M6D74NyFU
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

AreaLax wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:31 pm Try this link. You need to go about 14 minutes into the video

Watch @LaxSportsNet's broadcast: Lacrosse Now: October 17, 2019

https://www.pscp.tv/w/cHt3qzFtTUtQWXBYR ... 9M6D74NyFU
Well, that worked although it seemed to skip a little bit here and there.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

New recruit
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Eric Kolar, M, from Urbana High School.
I believe Urbana is in Frederick County, a little bit above Montgomery County along 355.
Even though Maryland is considered a hotbed state, there are still areas in Maryland where lacrosse is still growing like Frederick County.
Live Free or Die!
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Cooter wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:29 am Eric Kolar, M, from Urbana High School.
I believe Urbana is in Frederick County, a little bit above Montgomery County along 355.
Even though Maryland is considered a hotbed state, there are still areas in Maryland where lacrosse is still growing like Frederick County.
Outside of the MIAA League, would the rest of Maryland really be considered a hotbed state? Public and Private school lacrosse are both very strong in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania but not thinking Maryland is near the same levels.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

blue angels wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:50 pm
Outside of the MIAA League, would the rest of Maryland really be considered a hotbed state? Public and Private school lacrosse are both very strong in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania but not thinking Maryland is near the same levels.
Depends on the county. Anne Arundel, Baltimore, and Harford counties have some pretty good public high school lacrosse (Towson and UMBC have been mining those public schools forever). Montgomery County is getting better, but so many of the good players go to the private high schools (WCAC, IAC). Maybe it's changing a bit, but Howard County always seemed to lag in comparison to Anne Arundel and even Montgomery counties, plus a lot of those HoCo kids also head to the Baltimore private high schools. Don't know how the southern MD counties or the eastern shore have developed. The western part of the state starting in Frederick County is developing.

Don't want to start a Maryland fight here, but the WCAC and IAC are every bit as good as the MIAA.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

blue angels wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:50 pm
Landon, Bullis and Gtn Prep give Montgomery County a pretty strong group.

With respect to its size, I think Maryland's private schools are probably stronger than any of those other states that you mention, but the public schools in Maryland are perhaps a step behind those other states.
Live Free or Die!
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Cooter wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:59 pm
Landon, Bullis and Gtn Prep give Montgomery County a pretty strong group.

With respect to its size, I think Maryland's private schools are probably stronger than any of those other states that you mention, but the public schools in Maryland are perhaps a step behind those other states.
Connecticut's strength is pretty much in Fairfield County, unless we're going to talk about the boarding schools that bring players in from all over the nation. NJ's strength is mid-state and north. NY is Long Island, some of Westchester County, and the Syracuse area. So, like, are those states really hotbeds either?!

Anne Arundel County never got a lot a lot of credit for being such a great place for lacrosse. So many people just think it's Baltimore. When the IAC and WCAC schools in the DC-area started investing in lacrosse, those leagues now turn out just as much (if not more) high-end D1 players than any high school leagues in the country. Because of the IAC and WCAC becoming so good, Northern Virginia now produces a ton of players, too. PVI has had a solid program for years. Bishop O'Connell is a bit of an outlier in that they never seem to really break through given how big that school is. St. Stephen's and St. Agnes has broken through in the IAC (was previously just known for elite girls lacrosse). I know Gonzaga, Landon, Prep, St. Johns, and DeMatha have a lot of Northern VA players on their rosters. It'd be interesting to see how many D1 players come from the MIAA, IAC, and WCAC each year compared to other conferences in other states.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”