Maryland 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Cooter

Re: Maryland 2020

Post by Cooter »

Tillman has shown a tendency to start a talented freshman attackman on the 2nd midfield line. Last year, Kyle Long started on the 2nd midfield line for most of the season before moving up to the 1st line. A. DeMaio was on the 2nd midfield line as a freshman. I think Heacock was on the 2nd midfield line his freshman season. Given the number of talented freshmen attackmen showing up this fall, I really expect to see one of them getting his feet wet on the 2nd midfield line.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Jim Bernhardt passed away.
Feel so sorry for the family.
Last edited by AreaLax on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

AreaLax wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:58 am Jim Bernhardt past away.
Oh no. That's terrible news. Condolences to the family.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Wheels wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:27 pm
AreaLax wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:58 am Jim Bernhardt past away.
Oh no. That's terrible news. Condolences to the family.
That is terrible news. A great guy. My sympathies to the family. That just sucks.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Terrible to hear; condolences to the family. Saw him on campus a few times, just looked liked like an old school man's man. The Texans and Coach O'Brien put out a nice release praising his professional and personal virtues. He was clearly a great man who with a mastery of running sports teams.
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

An article in Pro Football Talk

ProFootballTalk: Former Texans assistant Jim Bernhardt dies
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ardt-dies/
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Thanks for sharing. Our family will surely add their family to our prayer list.

I had the fortunate opportunity to meet him and listen to him speak during a Terps Lax coaching clinic a few years back. You could just hear the wisdom of problem solving and identifying nuances of of a team that required attention.

RIP Jim
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Heard at the PLL Whipsnakes vs Altas game in Baltimore last night the two teams came to the middle of the field to do a prayer for the Bernhardt family.
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

Article on Jack Sawyer A Calvert Hall. Already enrolled at UMD for the summer.

http://digitaledition.baltimoresun.com/ ... 4e4fe4d386
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Seahawk wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:06 am Article on Jack Sawyer A Calvert Hall. Already enrolled at UMD for the summer.

http://digitaledition.baltimoresun.com/ ... 4e4fe4d386
Reading how coming to Maryland was Sawyer's dream, sort of makes me glad Scanlan didn't show up at UMd. The Terps have that one opening, Dubick's spot, and 6 freshmen attackmen for the fall, not to mentions some experienced players hanging around.

Sawyer was one of 2 Terps recruits who really seemed to take a large stride forward in their senior season. Sawyer went to being a top notch MIAA attackman and making the UA AA game. The other was midfielder Garrett Gibbons for Massapequa, who scored 75 points as a senior and was named a US HS AA for Nassau county.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

McNaney set the saves record in the UA game. Will be interesting to see if he red-shirts his freshman year. Also would not be surprised to see a fourth goalie show up on the roster. Tillman usually carries 4 goalies
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

McNaney > Marcille.

Suck it, Hop!!!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

He was named mvp of the game
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

AreaLax wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:05 pm McNaney set the saves record in the UA game. Will be interesting to see if he red-shirts his freshman year. Also would not be surprised to see a fourth goalie show up on the roster. Tillman usually carries 4 goalies
I would think McNaney would first compete for the starting role with Drew Morris, before considering red-shirting.
Live Free or Die!
DocBarrister

Maryland at Risk for Losing Accreditation

Post by DocBarrister »

No, this is not a joke. Maryland is actually at risk of losing its accreditation.

June 29, 2019 Washington Post

The University of Maryland at College Park confirmed Friday that the school has been placed on warning by the Middle States Commission of Higher Education and that its accreditation is in jeopardy.

... Brian Kirschner, a spokesman for the accreditation agency, told The Washington Post in November that the agency sought information from the school that related to two required standards: ethics and integrity and the student experience.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ed ... e348642ebd

Not sure if unaccredited schools can even compete in the NCAA or B1G.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I saw that on local WTOP news feed yesterday and wondered if it just adding insult to injury after the cluster-F by Loh when the football player died.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Yes, they're being slapped on the wrist by Middle States as an acknowledgement that President Loh was, is, and continues to be a stain on the campus in College Park. But, sorry, Doc...they're not losing Middle States accreditation. It's simply another flare sent up to the dopes on the board of regents to make sure that Loh doesn't stay around longer than his announced retirement date. Since he's already pushed it off once, I suspect this notice from Middle States was published to make sure he didn't do that again. He needs to go.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Wheels wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:03 pm Yes, they're being slapped on the wrist by Middle States as an acknowledgement that President Loh was, is, and continues to be a stain on the campus in College Park. But, sorry, Doc...they're not losing Middle States accreditation. It's simply another flare sent up to the dopes on the board of regents to make sure that Loh doesn't stay around longer than his announced retirement date. Since he's already pushed it off once, I suspect this notice from Middle States was published to make sure he didn't do that again. He needs to go.
It’s the Board that needs to go.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:31 pm It’s the Board that needs to go.

DocBarrister 8-)
I wouldn't be opposed to that, either. The way Loh handled the aftermath of McNair's death should have led to his immediate ouster. Instead, the BOR botches Durkin's dismissal, and Loh somehow ends up looking like the adult in the room. He then parlays that into pushing his retirement date off another year. Crazy that Maryland's AD got promoted from interim to permanent even though monitoring the football program was his job under the former AD.
terp talk

Re: Maryland 2020--Interview w Logan McNany

Post by terp talk »

This was before Logan was named the MVP of The UA Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Bm9gIK0UXw

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”