VIRGINIA LACROSSE 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
laxidaisical55

Re: VIRGINIA LACROSSE 2020

Post by laxidaisical55 »

wahoomurf wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:20 pm Sad to report that Naso has flipped to Duke. He would have been a good backup for Petey. :cry:
True, and a tough break for VA. And a big get for Duke, especially with his high school teamate Brendan O'Neil headed to Duke as well.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Live Free or Die!
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Not sure if anyone caught the two scrimmage games against the US and Canada, but Peyton Cormier looked really good. He's gonna be an issue especially when he's running out of the box with Dox.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Saw the game v Canada and I thought the whole team looked good, Va aint gonna be an easy out, that's for sure. Lars lets his boys play, they're certainly not shy about getting up and down the field or shooting. Right up my alley, if I'm a young D1 caliber laxer I'd want to play for him.
Just letting you know it's Cuse's turn this year to win by one...gotta keep things all even across the board, ya know.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

ABClaxfan wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:48 pm Not sure if anyone caught the two scrimmage games against the US and Canada, but Peyton Cormier looked really good. He's gonna be an issue especially when he's running out of the box with Dox.
Agree....Cormier had a highlight reel goal last week running over a PSU short stick and had some similar plays using his physical play overwhelming some of the best short sticks in the world from USA & Canada this weekend. This Spring, it might be best for opposing D1 teams not to match him with their 5 9” speed guy. Although eventually worn down, Virginia played pretty much everyone a lot and held their own against both teams. They were leading Canada in their 2nd scrimmage till late in the 3rd.
I didn’t see 2 starting poles, Conners or Saustad play against Canada so even more encouraging. We certainly have gotten a lot out of Fall ball with what comes out of our 3 scrimmages.
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Had my doubts about 'the process' but it all came together last year and UVA will enter season as an even better team and rightfully confident . Gonna miss watching Conrad however but unfortunately there is deep talent in Charlottesville
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

What we know about the schedule so far:

Feb 22 - Princeton
Feb 25 - High Point
Mar 1 - Air Force
Apr 12 - Utah
Apr 18 - Syracuse (mentioned in Tweet with no author noted)

VMI and Marist have published their schedules and we're not on them.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Notre Dame is playing Michigan on March 14th, so their UVa game will be moved to another weekend. Perhaps, the now vacant UVa-JHU weekend, which corresponds to the March 21 weekend this spring
Live Free or Die!
molo

Post by molo »

On another message board, someone suggested that part of the change of culture at UVA involved not drinking during the season. That would constitute more than just a change of team culture. Has anyone else heard anything along those lines? I would find such a prohibition difficult, if not impossible, to enforce in high school let alone in college in a sport that has historically been relatively tolerant about drinking. Is even the consideration of such measures prevalent in today's climate?
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

molo wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 pm On another message board, someone suggested that part of the change of culture at UVA involved not drinking during the season. That would constitute more than just a change of team culture. Has anyone else heard anything along those lines? I would find such a prohibition difficult, if not impossible, to enforce in high school let alone in college in a sport that has historically been relatively tolerant about drinking. Is even the consideration of such measures prevalent in today's climate?
Yes, I've heard it mentioned in news stories or those sports documentary-style programs. I believe it was described as a policy led by the seniors on the team. So it's more like a team self-imposed rule, not any official prohibition with official enforcement. I assume the team would enforce itself. No idea if it is prevalent or not.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Gatsby wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:14 pm
molo wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 pm On another message board, someone suggested that part of the change of culture at UVA involved not drinking during the season. That would constitute more than just a change of team culture. Has anyone else heard anything along those lines? I would find such a prohibition difficult, if not impossible, to enforce in high school let alone in college in a sport that has historically been relatively tolerant about drinking. Is even the consideration of such measures prevalent in today's climate?
Yes, I've heard it mentioned in news stories or those sports documentary-style programs. I believe it was described as a policy led by the seniors on the team. So it's more like a team self-imposed rule, not any official prohibition with official enforcement. I assume the team would enforce itself. No idea if it is prevalent or not.

Isn't this what the 2011 champions did? Led by seniors/team leaders.
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

bearlaxfan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:01 pm

I believe you are correct. Pure rumor alert! - It is my understanding that is what made the Brattons leave the team.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
Laxter

Post by Laxter »

HowieT3 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:18 pm

I believe you are correct. Pure rumor alert! - It is my understanding that is what made the Brattons leave the team.
Yes. In 2011 and since Lars arrived, the team has made a commitment to winning by making some in-season sacrifices and it worked. End of story.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Laxter wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 pm
HowieT3 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:18 pm

Yes. In 2011 and since Lars arrived, the team has made a commitment to winning by making some in-season sacrifices and it worked. End of story.
it happened in many years besides these, in whole are in large part. captain and senior lead, and encouraged by dom.
athletes in general nowadays and for a ways back sacrifice like generations before did not, and for this aspect at least in lacrosse... are under a microscope. they (and coaches) deserve more admiration than derision.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Lets not include the 2011 change in attitude toward drinking as some sacrifice that merits admiration. In May of 2010, drunken UVA men's lacrosse player George Wesley Huguely V murdered Yeardley Love, a University of Virginia women's lacrosse student-athlete.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The situation between the men’s team and women’s team had become toxic at least for some.

A number of people in the lax community were amazed the Brattons lasted as long as they did.

In the event VA is again a great program
Last edited by OCanada on Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:45 am Lets not include the 2011 change in attitude toward drinking as some sacrifice that merits admiration. In May of 2010, drunken UVA men's lacrosse player George Wesley Huguely V murdered Yeardley Love, a University of Virginia women's lacrosse student-athlete.
let's not, if we can't comprehend a user's post, deign to tell them what they think from our lofty perch.
Laxter

Post by Laxter »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:45 am Lets not include the 2011 change in attitude toward drinking as some sacrifice that merits admiration. In May of 2010, drunken UVA men's lacrosse player George Wesley Huguely V murdered Yeardley Love, a University of Virginia women's lacrosse student-athlete.

How about you just don’t reply then?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”